NBA Playoffs Thread!!

Discussion in 'Barcelona NSR' started by os_mutante, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Damn, the Western conference really has been a joke. The East has been the real battle.

2. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Oh man kobe is toooooooooooo good, amazing finsh by him yesterday.

Tonight i hope its over for Boston and Detroit so that lakers dont get, much more of a rest and an advantage.

I kno i said i wanted a game seven but i dont care as long as Phil JAckson doesnt get 10 rings.

3. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I can see Boston winning tonight. Nevertheless, it's going to be a hell of a game.

Btw, NBA Finals start next Thursday (June 5th). Plenty of rest for both teams (especially if Celtics win tonight).

It'll be a 2-3-2 format with the East (no matter who it is) getting initial home-court advantage.

4. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Thats true than i guess the pitons should win tonight so we get a game seven, that would be sick.

5. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    :confused: You just said above that you want the series to be over tonight (Boston winning).

6. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    so that the lakers didnt get an advantage by resting, now that i know there is a set date kinda far away for both teams and rest wont be that big of a difference, i want to see a game seven.

7. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Fair enough :)

Game 7's are tricky, it's less about home-court advantage and more about being clutch in the moment (and who wants it the most sometimes). I don't want the Celtics luck to be tested. Victory in Detroit :cool:....I hope :eek:

8. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    All i want is a last second buzzer beater in game 7, i am not asking for much.

9. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Hell yes you are.

10. elchico

elchico Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Lebanon
    Since we've been MJ-less for almost 6 seasons now, my major role in the National Basketball Association has been restricted to making sure the Lakers and (to a lesser degree) Cavs crash out of the playoffs...AND rooting for the Spurs! I can only hope Celtic pride can still save my season :(

11. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    I found a reason why everyone in BS should root against LAKERS, because Jim Rome roots for them, today in his show he was saying kobe was catching up to the airness(MJ). He is soooo LA biased. So all soccer fans unite and root against lakers so that Jim rome shuts up.

12. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The refs sure aren't helping the Celtics get to the Finals :rolleyes:

13. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    oh men celtics are turning it around, come on detroit help me reach my goal of a game 7 buzzard beater.

14. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Booooooooooooooooooston In The Finalsssssssssssss

15. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kobe was not playing well at all. Maybe distracted, but not a great shooting night

16. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    There are still plenty of games left, three of them being in LA. I have no doubt that we will see a lot better from Kobe.

17. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The funny thing about this year's playoffs, for me anyway, is how blase I've become about the officiating. It's like that time in my youth when I was about 8 or 9 and I finally accepted that wrestling was fake. And ultimately, I decided I didn't really care, because it was entertaining anyway, and in the grand scheme of life that's all that matters.

Anyway, these Donaghy accusations coming right now couldn't be more amusing. Last night's Finals game, possibly the last playoff game the refs were able to "influence" before the scrutiny is too unavoidable, might have been their last true masterpiece: the Lakers won, but the Celtics covered. Well done refs, I applaud thee.

18. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Wrestling is fake?!?:eek:

I don't know, but I think the NBA's credibility is going to suffer a lot with this accusations. It sucks because IMO, this season they were finally regaining the pre-strike level of popularity(internationally at least). In my case, the rebirth of the Celtics brought me back to the game after years of "meh". And a Lakers-Celtics final was to be the perfect end to a great season.

19. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want to remind everyone Kobe asked for a trade May 30 2007...but yet he's still a Laker, hint hint.

20. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Celtics in 6

3-1 B!tches

21. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Re: Celtics in 6

this is over, if lakers comeback i will be amazed beyond belief, they looked like a high school team yuesterday, hilarious. Boston wont win it sunday it will be tuesday in the garden.

22. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I took the train from the OC to LaLa land last night, when I left for the station the Lakers were putting on a comfortable whooping and I thought this series was tied for sure. By the time we were pulling into Union Station, the 4th quarter was dwindling down and the score had started making its way around the train cabin. People were in absolute disbelief. When we disembarked from the train, there was a mini mad rush to the Union Station bar, a bunch of other travellers were already there shaking their heads in shame.

I stepped out into the warm downtown Los Angles air. It felt good.

:D

23. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kobe never was and never will be as good as Jordan. Why people continue to to build him up as if they are equals is just silly. Michael and Magic were just from a different realm of reality. If you replace this 30 year old Kobe in the Laker lineup with a 30 year old Jordan or Magic, the Lakers would be UP 3-1 in this series instead of down. Kobe is a great player, but Magic and Michael were great individually AND made the players around them look like stars. Kobe is yet to be the key component in making the players around him perform better in the playoffs while leading them to a championship even ONE time (Shaq was that player for the 3 Laker titles). Michael and Magic did it a total of 11 times. No comparison. Rome is a tool.

24. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This cannot be quoted for truth enough.

25. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+