National Championship - Regional Observations.

Discussion in 'Girls Youth Soccer' started by ChelseaFan12, Aug 3, 2010.

1. jimhalpert

jimhalpert Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

2. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please take it down a notch. Thanks.

3. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

4. jimhalpert

jimhalpert Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

5. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

6. RedBlueDevil

RedBlueDevil Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Wow, the USSF agrees with you? Claudio Reyna? It just doesn't get better than that, so, I guess you win the argument amongst a bunch of soccer nerds on an anonymous internet board. Write another article in The Pitch (circulation, 12) to crow about your victory, and bitch some more about the Texans, and then go home and get your shine box.

By the way, this is a girls' forum. I'm sure there's an appropriate thread on the boys' side, where maybe somebody is impressed with your credentials.

7. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    No need for the constant sarcasm sunshine....I am not a writer. I wrote an article, showed it to the Director of Coaching for N. Texas (Gary Williamson) and he sent it along to The Pitch (circulation 13 ) and they published it. I am a fan of the game at all levels and post in many forums on these boards.....I have an interest in improving the experience for young players....both boys and girls....simple as that.

8. RedBlueDevil

RedBlueDevil Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Gary Williamson? Well, the less said there the better.

9. ChelseaFan12

ChelseaFan12 New Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Wow! Everybody needs to quit the bashing and name calling and agree to disagree. Go back and look at the start of this thread. Then look at the vitriol spewed over the last few pages. I thought that I raised a decent topic for debate about regional observations on the national scene...not topics about specific clubs.

Move on...or at least get back on topic.

10. OffsideTrappist

OffsideTrappist New Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    If I may, in support of your point, I'd like to point out that all 5 Eclipse U14 teams that played in MRL this fall will advance to the Premier Division of MRL in the spring. This fall season was to sort things out among the 50 or so U14 teams in MRL.

Eclipse North Black and East came in first in their divisions. South tied for first with CFJ, also a very good team, and Tri-Cities came in second to FC United (TC lost to FCU when two key players were at id2 camp). North White advances on the wildcard rule. I have seen many of the games and you are right, they combine good soccer with great athletes. This is especially true for North Black and Tri-Cities.

Overall, 8 of the 16 teams advancing to the U14 Premier Division in the spring are from Illinois (5 Eclipse, FC United, CFJ and Strikers FV), 5 from Ohio (N), 2 from Michigan and 1 from Nebraska.

Here's a list of qualifiers.