NASL News 2012

Discussion in 'NASL' started by ceezmad, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bullsear

bullsear Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    By announcing that they're in talks with owners in 20 markets they're not saying that they'll expand into 20 markets. They're saying that they have options. If one or two of these ownership markets works out, I'm sure they'll be overjoyed. If one or two wants to take over a currently Traffic-owned team, they'll be over the moon.

2. mng146

mng146 Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    The 'source' also states "There is also the possibility that one or more teams could be lured to NASL from the USL Pro". Gee, we've never heard that one before :rolleyes: . As I always say to people, "don't tell me, show me". Wake me up when these rumors actually have some substance behind them.

3. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I'm saying he didn't name a source or even allude to one. Such is the state of journalism today.

Why would you go crazy? How is your life impacted? Seriously?

4. eclipse02

eclipse02 Member

Sep 20, 2009
    For some reason i love watching leagues grow.

5. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like watching roses grow, too. I don't go crazy about it and if I did, I wouldn't admit it.

6. eclipse02

eclipse02 Member

Sep 20, 2009
    I like watching Sexy women jump on trampolines but i would't ...............yea i would admit it. lol

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgZpXOiDF-g"]girls on trampoline - YouTube[/ame]

7. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Scorpions break ground on new stadium - KSAT San Antonio
    The San Antonio Scorpions FC pro soccer team broke ground on their new Scorpions Community Stadium on Wednesday. Team owner Gordon Hartman was joined by his ...

Scorpions hold ceremonial groundbreaking but await permit - Examiner.com

San Antonio Scorpions Celebrate Ceremonial Stadium Groundbreaking ... - IMSoccer News

Second division NASL announces ambitious expansion plans - SportingNews.com
    While MLS, now at 19 clubs, is taking a cautious, measured approach to expansion, the second-tier North American Soccer League is looking to grow quickly.

Carolina RailHawks vs. Vancouver Whitecaps - The Independent Weekly
    Last fall, Martin Rennie, the young coach who made a name for himself over three successful seasons coaching the Carolina RailHawks, finally punched his ...

Single-game tickets for Rowdies on sale March 5 - Tbo.com
    Forward Mike Ambersley and the rest of the Tampa Bay Rowdies are getting ready for a new ... By TBO.com TAMPA The Tampa Bay Rowdies announced Wednesday that ...

This last article is a few days old, but I've found that the site doesn't come up in my searches for news & I have to check it from time to time. I find it's a great source of info for the Eddies.
    Monsalve wants to help FCE build into North America’s top team outside of MLS – The11.ca
    At this time last year, David Monsalve was preparing for his return to Major League Soccer. He had cracked the Toronto …

9. Heggis27

Heggis27 Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Florida
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    To piggy back...

SBnation is a half step up from Bleacher Report...which is probably less credible than the average Wikipedia entry.

Take nothing from either of those websites if you want to learn anything.

10. blueballs69

blueballs69 Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    These sources are not ready to go public yet. NASL has been meeting with "some" USL Pro teams that have contacted them to discuss moving up. Time will tell if they are ready.

11. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which ones?

If I had to guess I'd say Rochester and Charleston.

While it'd be nice to have Orlando City, it likely won't happen unless their MLS aspirations nose dive. And even then, I'd put money on Rawlins either giving up entirely or moving the team again before he joined the NASL.

But yeah, sources please.

12. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rowdies Kick Off Preseason Training – Rowdiessoccer.com
    The Tampa Bay Rowdies began their 2012 preseason officially today with their first practice session at Shimberg Fields. The morning practice lasted just over two hours, and Head Coach Ricky Hill…

Weekend Events: RailHawks Open Against MLS Whitecaps - CaryCitizen‎

United loans midfielder Shanosky to NASL club - Fox News‎
    Washington, DC – DC United loaned defensive midfielder Conor Shanosky to the Fort Lauderdale Strikers of the North American Soccer League on Friday for the ...

Men's Soccer: Potomac Falls Grad Shanosky Loaned by D.C. United to ... - Viva Loudoun (blog)‎

Silverbacks Go Green - AtlantaSilverbacks.com
    Atlanta Silverbacks Park has recently implemented a series of eco-friendly initiatives as part of a new “Go Green” campaign, the organization announced on Friday. The

Training Camp Underway in Atlanta - AtlantaSilverbacks.com
    The Atlanta Silverbacks have started their official preparation for the 2012 NASL season, kicking off training camp on Thursday morning at Atlanta Silverbacks Park. The 2012

Select-a-Seat, Youth Pricing Announced - AtlantaSilverbacks.com
    The Atlanta Silverbacks will be hosting a Select-a-Seat event at Atlanta Silverbacks Park on March 10 in coordination with the team’s preseason game against the Charleston

RailHawks Announce Assistant Coaching Staff – CarolinaRailhawks.com
    The Carolina RailHawks have announced the appointment of Dewan Bader, Greg Shields, Nic Platter and John Bradford as assistants to head coach Colin Clarke for the 2012 season. Shields and …

Strikers Sign Colombian Midfielder Yoximar Granado – Strikers.com
    FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (Mar. 2, 2012) – The Fort Lauderdale Strikers have announced the signing of Colombian midfielder Yoximar Granado for the 2012 season. Terms of the deal were …

13. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have no quarrel with those sources who are not ready to go public. Only with those who would be more vague than they need to be when writing about them.

14. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The sanctioning is very good news for the league.

Let's hope they continue to meet the standards as set forth by the USSF. The next hurdles in the standards for D2 come in 2013 when the league must have 10 teams and then 2016 the league needs 12 teams and cover 3 time zones.

Here's another article covering the sanctioning...
    NASL Receives Full Division 2 Sanctioning From USSF
    A little more than a year after the reborn NASL's future was cast into doubt before a match had even been played, the league received full Division 2…SBNation.com

16. HiFiRevival

HiFiRevival Member

Jan 9, 2003
    Club:
    Crystal Palace Baltimore
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't wipe my cyber bottom with SB Nation.

17. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HiFiRevival, I don't know much about the reputations of site's I post.

I just post the articles I find while I'm looking for news about the NASL and share them.

But thanks for the imagery. It made me giggle like a school girl.

18. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another French Footballer Barthelemy Sérisay Signs With FC Edmonton - Oye! Times
    FC Edmonton started training camp on Monday at the Grande Sports Complex outside of Phoenix and the team has already made its first signing...

French revolution continues at FC Edmonton – the11.ca
    The French contingent on FC Edmonton has been increased to three. The club revealed Tuesday night that French midfielder Serisay Barthelemy isn’t a trialist, after all. He actually finished a medical and signed a contract before he got on the plane that took the club to Casa Grande, Ariz. on Monday. ..

I had been wondering when we'd see more signings out of the NASL combine. Well, here's one more.

19. longballer

longballer Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe this should be in the Edmonton thread, no?

20. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the NASL news thread, so why not.

Although I hope Eddie fans are keeping up with this if not their own subforum.

21. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Longballer, I thought about putting it only in the Eddies thread.

Usually, the news is for more than just one team so I post it all in the NASL news thread. And to be honest, I'm just too lazy to post the articles I find in the thread for each team.

22. longballer

longballer Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Relax people, I was just asking. It seemed like a good post to go into the Eddies thread too.

23. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stars FC announces Which Wich Autograph Zone MNStarsFC.com
    Write this down in red permanent marker! Minnesota Stars FC announced a partnership Thursday with Which Wich Superior Sandwiches for a new postgame autograph area at NSC Stadium and a season-long promotion following Stars FC home games. Following all Stars …

Joe Warren retires MNStarsFC.com
    When he came out of retirement for a second time before last season, Minnesota Stars FC goalkeeper Joe Warren wanted a championship. He got it, and after three months of offseason deliberation, the Minneapolis native closed the book on his …

Choose the Silverbacks Goal Anthem AtlantaSilverbacks.com
    The Atlanta Silverbacks launched an online promotion today, giving fans the power to select the team’s goal anthem for the 2012 season. The Silverbacks’ goal anthem, which was…

Rowdies to Unveil New Match Kits and Merchandise on March 30 RowdiesSoccer.com
    The highly-anticipated launch of the official 2012 line of Tampa Bay Rowdies merchandise will take place on Friday night, March 30. Season ticket holders will have the first opportunity to see the…

Bud Zone: On Field Club Next to the Rowdies Bench RowdiesSoccer.com
    Join us for the return of the Tampa Bay Rowdies this season and take advantage of an awesome new opportunity right on the field at Al Lang Stadium in the new Rowdies Bud Zone. The Rowdies Bud …

Practice Update: Wednesday, March 7 RowdiesSoccer.com
    Following Tuesday night’s practice at Braden River Soccer Club, the Rowdies returned to Shimberg Fields late Wednesday morning for a two-hour workout. “I think the session went …

NASL News: Signings, Retirements, Sponsorships - IMSoccer News

Not NASL specific, but here's someone who gives their opinion about where the Cosmos should start. An ok, read at best...

New York Cosmos More Likely to Resurrect in Soccer's Minor Leagues - Midwest Sports Fans
    They were the most popular team of the North American Soccer League and soccer's biggest selling point to sports fans in the US, even bigger than the ...

24. teucer

teucer Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Raleigh, NC, USA
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. bullsear

bullsear Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    It's sad to see the guy go. I hope he stays on again as the team's goalkeeper coach. He may be up there in the years, but he's fearless between the posts.