NASL News 2012

Discussion in 'NASL' started by ceezmad, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.nasl.com/index.php?id=3&newsid=1604

Home openers

Atlanta Silverbacks: April 7th vs. San Antonio Scorpions FC

Carolina RailHawks: April 14th vs. Atlanta Silverbacks

FC Edmonton: April 22nd vs. NSC Minnesota Stars

Fort Lauderdale Strikers: April 7th vs. FC Edmonton

NSC Minnesota Stars: April 7th vs. Carolina RailHawks

Puerto Rico Islanders: April 7th vs. FC Tampa Bay

San Antonio Scorpions FC: April 15th vs. Puerto Rico Islanders

FC Tampa Bay: April 14th vs. FC Edmonton

2. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    which means that they are not hoping anymore that Rochester / Orlando / Charleston jump in ?

3. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    I don't remember anyone hoping anything like that in the NASL, at least publicly, only us fans.

4. teucer

teucer Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Raleigh, NC, USA
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup. I've been hoping for it, but I've never heard a word about it from the league or any of its teams.

5. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've just assumed that those teams would probably want to give the NASL a couple of seasons before going through the tumultuous process of splitting from USLpro and joining. If the league is stable and growing after 3 or 4 seasons, look for stronger and more ambitious clubs to start talking about moving up.

If the league is still stuck on 8 or 9 teams, still can't find owner/investors for the 3 clubs that need it and isn't pulling any larger crowds than USLpro while spending alot more money, then forget it.

6. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FC Tampa Bay to make a major announcement on Thursday. Rumors swirling that this has to do with the Rowdies trademark.

Still waiting for FCTB to say something publicly about the announcement, will post when/if they do.

7. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. babykhris

babykhris Member

Philadelpia Union
    Nov 30, 2008
    Philadlphia,PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At College Cup, Rob Stone of ESPN alleges Tampa Bay has secured rights to name Rowdies! Official announcement next week.

9. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Practically been confirmed that The Rowdies are back for real. This is such awesome news.

10. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great news for TB and the league.

I wonder if they will keep the "FC" or go back to just Tampa Bay Rowdies like they originally intended. I think they ought to drop the FC, it's unnecessary IMO. Also, I hope they keep the current logo and don't revert to the original Rowdies one they came up with. The current is nothing to write home about either, but it's the better of the two.

In any case, it seems the proper Florida rivalry will be back in all it's glory. Not Fusion - Mutiny. Not Miami FC - FC Tampa Bay. Not Strikers - FC Tampa Bay. STRIKERS -ROWDIES! Congrats to TB fans.

11. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know if NASL is planning on having something like the AGM this year? I thought they had one last year the same week as the NSCAA convention.

12. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also hope they drop the FC. We'll find out on Thursday morning.

I also hope they class up the jerseys. Can we get some real embroidery please?! You can't laser print a Rowdies shirt, uggh.

13. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, get rid of the FC from the name. I also hope they redo the logo, it's too MS Paint IMO. As I said in another post, they need to step up their game and do everything thing top notch from here on out. They can't be cheap about anything from the logo, to the jersey, to the marketing/advertising of the team.

I hope Thursday is a great announcement for the Rowdies faithful! Best wishes.

14. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know he's a Striker Liker, but you have to admit Derek came up with a killer logo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Okay, maybe the current uniforms are fine with the Rowdies logo restored. But I still like Derek's logo concept.

15. XaviusX

XaviusX Member

Mar 21, 2001
    Tampa, Florida
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was my poor attempt of what the new logo might look like once we got the "Rowdies" name back:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. RedRover

RedRover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    I made one up a year ago:

[​IMG]

17. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did the Ralph's Mob logo too :D It evolved out of that Rowdies concept.

Think if they do come up with something new that harkens back to the old Rowdies they need to modernize that goofy old font. Keep the character of it but bring it into the 21st century. Kinda like the Strikers did.

18. fsufiji

fsufiji Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Auburndale FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you read the original trademark application you'll note the description of the ball in the crest is a volleyball. I think it was the only clipart they could find as they put it together. That should be change to a soccer ball like in Dericks bridge motif.
    Also,
    Tropicana is owned by Pepsi and that may not work as a sponsor if FCTB keeps Coke as a major sponsor. If the Rays move and we move into the dome the Tropicana fits. Try putting Publix on the shirt and I think you have a winner.

19. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Former MLS players Greg Janicki and Kevin Harmse to the San Antonio Scorpions

20. Prosoccercdn

Prosoccercdn Member+

Aug 6, 2011
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Those are two good signings for the Scorpions. The assistant coaches were announced as well. They also mentioned there new 6200 seat stadium to be ready for 2013 season - does anyone know if construction has started yet?

I like the way San Antonio Scorpions are preparing there team for the NASL - they seem well organized and supported. Don't know how the "soccer for a cause" will work out financially but its a noble cause.

21. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
  22. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^ I find it a bit odd they don't mention that Admiral did the kits for NSC Minnesota in that press release. They mention USL-Pro and PDL teams, and English teams from decades ago, but not the current NASL Champs? Odd. They did a great job IMO with the Stars kits too. Love the Nessy on the back.

23. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boom!

http://rowdiessoccer.com/index.php?id=31&newsid=1609

"Citrus Sports Group, LLC, the ownership group of FC Tampa Bay, today announced that the team name will be changed from FC Tampa Bay to the Tampa Bay Rowdies starting immediately for the 2012 season and beyond.

Citrus Sports Group reached an agreement with Texas-based Classic Ink, Inc. giving Citrus Sports Group immediate exclusive rights and future ownership of the Rowdies trademark."

24. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats, glad to see you got your name back.

25. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks! We've all been waiting for this day for far too long. But it's done now. We are no longer the "fake Rowdies" or "impostors".

The real McCoy. Just hope the owners take full advantage of it.