NASL misc

Discussion in 'NASL' started by ceezmad, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Cactus Hibs

Cactus Hibs Member

May 11, 2006
    Albuquerque NM
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe Great Britain will be hit by a meteor and the EPL and all their fans will relocate to random cities in the US midwest. Man, will MLS be in trouble then! It's theoretically possible...you can't say it isn't! We're talking about catastrophic meteor strikes that don't yet exist. You can't tell us you know all about the trajectories of every meteor currently streaming through the asteroid belt...

You're attempting to refute Kenn with a scenario that is literally impossible to counter. Sure, everything you say is theoretically possible, just like my scenario. What is likely or probable or even halfway-reasonable to predict, however, is a very different story.

NASL is entering its third season and has so far failed to even draw in enough viable owners to meet the minimum conditions USSF set when it sanctioned its DII status. It's certainly "theoretically possible" there are dozens of well-heeled potential soccer owners out there dying to spend their cash going toe-to-toe against a multi-million-dollar league with a 20-year head start...but I'd put my meteor scenario at about the same level of probability.

2. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, yes. (Well, they're not ALL stupid, but most are.)

And I'll bet you $1,000 cash, right here, right now, that I'm right and you're wrong.

If, if, if, if, if. People like you are all about "if this happens" and "maybe this could work" and "if they keep their act together." I've seen this movie before.

I've been at this longer than you. I know how it works. You do not. Very, very, very, very few people have ever been able to do it. And yet, you take THAT as evidence that it's easy to do.

Tell you what: spare me your inexperience. It adds nothing to the discussion.

3. CShine

CShine Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Huntsville, AL
    Club:
    Rocket City United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you're coming right out and saying you're smarter than people who are actually growing their clubs and fan bases right before our eyes. They're the stupid ones? What on earth are you talking about? Is that supposed to mean something in the real world or do you just talk smack at anyone who responds to your posts? It looks like the latter.

4. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yiu
    You realize you're debating with someone who has been involved in minor league soccer since the early 90s, right?

5. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    In my wife's country they say "If your grandmother'd had balls, she'd be your grandfather".

God help them, but these guys don't even have basic logic, let alone any evidence, to back their crazy ideas. It's as if the purpose of the internet is to give them a place to go when their meds stop working well enough.

6. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. There are people born with female and male genitalia, technically you can be a women and still have no functioning male organs.

2. What if your grandmother gets a sex change at an older age, would you stop calling her grandma and refer to her as granddad?

7. Cactus Hibs

Cactus Hibs Member

May 11, 2006
    Albuquerque NM
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is why I love BigSoccer...thank you, thank you, thank you for actually getting in there and trying to debate a colloquial expression on its merits. Hilarious.

Antique repped this.
  8. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too bad there's no mechanism for them to do that. No legends will be created. Shame.

Oh, wait....

9. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gullit made 91 league appearances for Haarlem, scoring 32 goals. Gullit made his debut for the club at just 16 years old, becoming at the time the youngest player in the history of the Eredivisie.[4] In his first year at Haarlem they finished bottom of the Eredivisie, but bounced back the following season winning the Eerste Divisie. Gullit was named as the best player in the Eerste Divisie that season.[5] in recognition of his outstanding efforts.

wait....what? no.

10. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure what your point is, WSW...

11. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    point is everybody is mocking me that pro/rel doesn't create legends, well their you go.

12. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How did pro/rel create Ruud Gullit? He was a good player on a bad team that got relegated the first season he played with them...

13. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

and he stayed with them thru relegation and promotion makes you better.

14. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you saying that Ruud Gullit wouldn't have been a good player if Haarlem hadn't been relegated?

15. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No what I'm saying is a young player who goes thru the trial and tribulations of relegtion games makes him better than a young player in MLS in which his team doesn't make playoffs and plays in post-season games with a (preseason) feel to it.

16. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Care to explain Lionel Messi and Ronaldo? Neither one has played a game for a team that was at risk of being relegated, yet they are two of the best players in the world...
    Also, take a look at the roster of any MLS team that does poorly. The one common theme you'll find is that they have a high turn over rate year to year. MLS players might not be playing to keep tbeir team from being relegated, but they sure as heck are playing for their jobs.

17. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    every player is playing for their jobs..... in relegation games it's more intense, you really can't believe that post-season meaningless games is more intense than relegation games?

18. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Post season games aren't meaningless. They are playing for the championship of their league...

Antique repped this.
  19. Darkwing McQuack

Darkwing McQuack BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 11, 2011
    Morrisville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :ROFLMAO: Oh the stupidity in this sentence. Thanks for the good laugh WSW.

Antique repped this.
  20. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    For the love of toothpaste, put WSW on ignore so the rest of us don't have to read your responses to the clueless assmango.

Antique repped this.
  21. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been told by the Admins not to delete wholesale OT posts. This thread is my solution.

soccersubjectively, Yoshou and Antique repped this.
  22. Scorpions Unofficial Army

Mar 14, 2013
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Michael Owen though!

Oh ******** him, tbh