NASL adopts Spring/Fall seasons for 2013

Discussion in 'NASL' started by WhiteStar Warriors, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Championships don't count then why the hell are their plastered banners all over stadiums?

2. HailtotheKing

HailtotheKing Member+

San Antonio FC
    United States
    Dec 1, 2008
    TEXAS
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT!! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! Bobby Thomson hits into the lower deck of the left-field stands! The Giants win the pennant and they're goin' crazy, they're goin' crazy! HEEEY-OH!!!''

Yup, nobody remembers, at any point.

I can assure you I remember the Bash Brothers winning pennants but only 1 world series ... or both Texas teams winning pennants, but not the world series ... or the Braves winning pennants but only 1 world series ... etc etc

drSoFlaFan and Chesco United repped this.
  3. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Also, when the Sox won the 1959 AL pennant, Mayor Daley, who was a big fan, ordered the air raid sirens to go off in celebration of that "meaningless" pennant. The entire city went into panic thinking they were getting bombed.

More fans flooded Midway Airport to greet the pennant winners that night, than were there years later in 2005 when the Sox returned from Houston with the World Series trophy.

4. Jewelz510

Jewelz510 Member+

Feb 19, 2011
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think winning a pennant is a big deal simply because it's still a difficult feat to accomplish. But I don't think it's as big a deal as it used to be. Baseball is no longer as popular as it was back then, and the perception of the major leagues has changed as well. They're no longer viewed as seperate entities operating under the umbrella of Major League Baseball. Nowadays the American and National Leagues are no different than the Eastern and Western Conferences of the NBA or NHL.