Napoli vs. Udinese, October 26th, 2011

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by elvesuvio, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elvesuvio

elvesuvio Member+

Feb 6, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Maggiiiiiiiooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Fantastic set piece!!!!!

2-0

2. Napolinfinito

Napolinfinito Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    nice cross to Super Bike!! Bang!

3. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Excellent cross from Dzemaili and Maggio put a ton of power into the header.

4. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Rough day for your defenders.

5. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    finally, after 1 whole year we actually see a decently worked out free kick and it results in a goal, great to see lavezzi score at home again and a nice one it was too, i think the comms seriously underrated de sanctis's save from floro flores as he saw it late,

in other games denis has equalised for atalanta, they shoulda signed someone usefull like lucarelli!

roma losing to genoa

6. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    he should teach dossena how to cross! fabrini coming on for udinese, i quite like this guy

7. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    man cavani has only scored in one game, but tbh its not as if he's missing chances he juist hasnt had many, in 7 games!

8. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nice build-up there. Lavezzi nearly got his second.

9. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    thank fcuk for that, udinese have been really breakin our balls in the last few years like chievo and parma

10. Napolinfinito

Napolinfinito Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    solid game. great goals. very nice to win.

as a side note, i'm worried about Cavani. He needs to find himself again. His play was looking selfish, and his frustration was turning to anger on his face, and that hasn't worked for him.

the last stretch was looking very ugly, lot's of fouls. was starting to feel like the last clash with Udinese lase year. except, we won.

but anyway, a very welcome and needed win.

11. Napolinfinito

Napolinfinito Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Aureimma with the call:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Z-fcm8h5E"]Napoli-Udinese 2-0 Auriemma - 26-10-2011 - YouTube[/ame]

12. Back2NY

Back2NY Member

Feb 2, 2011
    New York
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Great game with the needed result. Lavezzi must have heard us talking about him last night because he was on fire today. Fabulous strike for the score :) Convincing win for the Azurri.

Oh, must give props to DeSanctis - total beast today!!!

Forzzzaaaa Napoli!! :D

13. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    yea i was very disappointed with cavani, not his performance but his selfishness, i was astonished to see that what i could see coming i.e the moment he had and age to pick someone out in the box but chose to keep the ball to create something for himself in a situation which favoured the pass, he doesnt need to worry about scoring, he just needs to worry about us winning, his goals will come when the moment presents itself.

14. Napolinfinito

Napolinfinito Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    bingo, El Nap. If he let's go of the pressure to score and just plays for the team, the goals will come.

the assist to Pocho on the first score was friggin' awesome though, if maybe a bit lucky.

15. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  16. elvesuvio

elvesuvio Member+

Feb 6, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    YOU KNOW THIS SHIT IS GOING ON TONIGHT!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZGS4duo0o"]Lavezzi e De Laurentiis in discoteca - YouTube[/ame]

17. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ‎"Su una cosa Mazzarri ha ragione: non si può criticare il Napoli dopo quello che sta facendo da due anni a questa parte"

what do you guys think about this statement.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibX0lbjp_Zc&feature=player_embedded#"]Napoli-Udinese 2-0 I Goal Commentati da Carlo Alvino 26/10/2011 - YouTube[/ame]!

18. elvesuvio

elvesuvio Member+

Feb 6, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I've said it before, I'll say it again...

As critical as I've been of Mazzarri, I do believe the statement in the last post. It's hard to remember where we were and where we were heading in the moments leading up to his taking charge of the team...but you have to make the effort to go back that far.

We came out of an amazing ride with Reja but I think we all knew it had come to an end and Reja had taken us as far as he could. Donadoni was a complete disaster from day one and steered us in the opposite direction. Mazzarri comes in, pre-Cavani and last season's magic, and sets course again not only righting the wrong of Donadonkey, but finally and ultimately bringing us back to Europe.

I know full well that in order for the success as we've seen over the past few years to occur the stars most certainly have to align...and they have with Cavani, our offence, our mids, Inler, De Sanctis, etc....but we cannot underestimate what Mazzarri has done...he is very much a part of those stars and that success...

Some people are wondering if he should be included in the list of 25 for Europe...I say yes...absolutely.

19. Napolinfinito

Napolinfinito Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    the Pocho De La vid is great.

There's no way Mazzarri can't be credited with our rise as a team. It's not all him by any stretch, but there's no way a team rises like we have without credit going to the coach.

That's why this win was so critical, as will be the coming ones as well. We are just on the right side of the alignment-- a little off and we are an embarrassment, a great squandering of talent and fortune, crashing out of Champions and failing to requalify, losing our talent and all that has been built. We are striding the line of greatness and mediocrity, and we keep just landing on the side of greatness. This is a practice that must go on continuously. It's not an accomplishment, it must be our occupation, because mediocrity is waiting to catch us at every false step.

Mazzarri's combination of luck and skill and good ingredients hasn't run out yet. This was a huge win after several costly, needless, under performances. This keeps us in the practice of greatness. This keeps us in the running in Serie A, and keeps our heads up as we brace to meet our greatest challenge of the Group of Death in Monaco. But Mazzarri and all of us have to face the reality of his occupation-- if we keep winning, he's great. If he doesn't, he's not. Sorry, he gets paid stupid amounts of money and that's in the job description. You lose, you suck. You lose a bunch, get the fcuk outta here. I'm glad he won this one and may the winning continue. As much as he drives me nuts, he can use my tongue for a bidet if he brings us the Scudetto and victory in Champions. I want to like him, I want to give him credit, and as long as we keep winning it's easy. And I'll cut him a lot of slack when we don't. But that slack isn't endless, and if he doesn't perform past a certain point we put him on a raft and shove him into the Bay of Naples.

20. Napolinfinito

Napolinfinito Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    other positive after thoughts:

I'm so impressed with Maggio. He's moving from scrappy to intimidating, just strong and poised as hell. Before the goal some Udinese jerk elbowed him in the back of the head. he just turned and squared off against him, and without saying anything basically said, "really, you want to do it like that? i've schooled you, i am schooling you, and i'm about to schoo the sh1t out of you." he's moving hi up the beast scale, no joke. i hope he keeps it up.

Dzemaili is finally making an impact as an asset instead of a weakness. His crosses set up both goals. I've been way irritated by him, but he's starting to show up. If he can keep building it will be a real help.

I'm so impressed with how Inler has gelled with the team. He's not chasing goals, he's playing his position, fighting tirelessly in the middle to control the ball and set up his mates. He's not grand standing, he's just contributing like a mo fo. And, against his old team. He looked positively pissed with his old team as they got as dirty as they did toward the end, and he was as overjoyed as any when Pocho scored. He's really joined the team, he's not just playing with us. And I think giving his all against his old team, and winning, helped cement that. Good news.

Morgan is the foundation of this team. Period. He is amazingly undervalued, and just as amazingly critical to our success.

and I love Zuniga. I hope he can do like Maggio and just keep getting stronger and start becoming a break out force.

21. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  22. elvesuvio

elvesuvio Member+

Feb 6, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    two great posts dude...and I agree with every word you say.

With regards to Mazzarri, such is the nature of the beast--being a coach--while we're winning, its all good...losing, you are out. That being said, he has definitely brought something to this team that was lacking with the previous 2 leaders and that can't be undervalued or underestimated. Is he solely responsible for our "rise"? Absolutely not...like I said, the stars are aligning for us but its taken filling in the pieces and years of growing up to get to where we are now...he is one piece of the puzzle and, for now, a good piece at that.

Maggio, I remember came over to us and all this hype surrounded him. He has been great over the past few years but in the last one and a half to two, the guy has become absolutely BEAST at his position. This might have something to do with Mazzarri or maybe its a coincidence but I agree, he has become greater than I ever imagined he'd be...he is constantly a threat both offensively and defensively, poised, strong, great vision and skill and talent to boot...this will eventually be a tough piece to replace once he goes (looking waaaaay down the line here...LOL)...

Dzemaili is starting to find his stride I think. Maybe this injury to Gargano wasn't so bad since now he'll get more playing time and if he keeps playing like this, well, that is great! What happened to Donadel???

Inler...can't say enough about him but I've written about him in the past. Unselfish and just a commander in the mid...this guy is what we've cried about for the last 4 seasons...thank GOD he is with us...

Zuniga is also impressing more and more...but man, how did he miss that goal yesterday and against Inter...********...he's gotta be more effective when it comes to burying the ball...

And Morgan....wow....we have the best keeper in Italy right now and quite possibly over the past 2 years...this is not bias...I always feel as though there is a ********ing wall in the back even when our defensive line looks shabby...if it were another goalie, i'd shit myself half the time...but not with Capt. Morgan back there...

23. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    3 - MAZZARRI E L'UDINESE RIMANEGGIATA

Un doppio voto negativo per il match del San Paolo. Il "tre" della vigilia va tutto alle scelte un po' discutibili di Francesco Guidolin, che ha lasciato fuori per turnover l'ossatura della propria squadra composta da Domizzi, Isla e Di Natale (gli ultimi due nemmeno convocati). Quello del post partita a Mazzarri, che ha imposto un silenzio stampa giustificato soltanto in parte alla sua squadra. Ma perché?

i say good we will talk to those f@ckers when they give us respect !