Napoli Transfer Rumors, Speculation, and Official Transfer Thread PART 5 [R]

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Il Ciuccio, Dec 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elvesuvio

elvesuvio Member+

Feb 6, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    still, I want to see us sign a QUALITY dman...we NEED to mess with our defence...it is horrible...

also, reading reports that we signed that LM/LB Owusu on a Fernandez like deal...so I guess he will join us in June? I think this kid is a great pickup...hope its true--maybe Dossena is on his way out...

by the way...has the EAGLE landed??? Has Vargas arrived?

Also...hearing Santana is gone...or VERY close to going??? REALLY??...

2. onelovenapoli

onelovenapoli Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

the first vargas picture in napoli

3. onelovenapoli

onelovenapoli Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yes we need to mess with our defense but now is not the time. im saying work a new dman in but you know what they say haste is waste and dont mess with something (semi) good.

we really need some higher quality on defense i just dont want us to grab someone, throw them onto the field, and blow big games.

4. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Wise post. I'd say defenders, more than any other position in the field, need the most time to adapt and play at their top level. Who would you like to buy if you could?

5. elvesuvio

elvesuvio Member+

Feb 6, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    it could get chancy but the reality is, we are 10 points out of contention right now and the chances of us catching up to requalify for CL next year whilst playing on 3 fronts are slim right now...this doesn't mean we can't catch fire and make a serious run or that its over by any means...but it's gonna be a HARD FOUGHT battle to requalify (forget scudetto talk) so in a way, I'm in favour of taking a gamble and investing now if the money and player are right...

...SEMI-GOOD??? I don't know dude...I think Campagnaro is probably our best defender right now and he is good...usually...(hard to believe he recovered from that accident in the summer) ...but who else? Canna is hot and cold and is becoming somewhat unreliable and predictable with his long passes and Aronica??? REALLY??? The guy, as much as I love him, is a hazard and a persistent potential red card waiting to happen...they have TONS of heart though...that is given. Fernandez, Grava, etc....I don't know where they are...hoping Britos is able to rejoin the team and pick up a starting position.

In terms of "blowing big games"--dude, as successful as we were in the first half of the season, we've blown some pretty big games and dropped points where we should have made them...this is a definite sign of things not exactly working right....think back (Roma (at home), Juve (tie at home after leading twice by 2 goals), Novara (tie), Atalanta (tie), Lazio (tie), Catania (2-1 loss), Cagliari (tie), Parma (2-1 loss), Chievo (1-0 loss).... I don't know...again, if we are able to get a quality Dman now...I say go for it...things can only get better I think assuming Mazzarri actually uses him...

6. william6

william6 Member

Jan 5, 2011
    naples
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    you gotta search napoli in the first box, it will say italy/official vargas moves to napoli, and whats a temporary deal im getting paranoid

7. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    if it was something of major importance everyone in the media would of been all over it so dont worry.

8. william6

william6 Member

Jan 5, 2011
    naples
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  9. onelovenapoli

onelovenapoli Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i say semi good because we are in the middle serie a in terms of goals conceded. semi good as in average or mediocre.

there is something to be said when napoli is 2nd in the league in terms of goals scored yet lie 6th in the standings. Yes, i think we have some issues on D.

10. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hope he learns italian fast...

11. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    I don't know Italian but with Spanish you can pretty much figure out what Italians are saying. I recon if I really wanted to learn I could pick up a rudimentary level of Italian in a semester.

12. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    true they are both latin based languages but they do have their major differences but im sure he will learn fast. whoever we got teaching are foreign players Italian does a great job.

looks like Vargas has quags old jersey lets hope we dont see a repeat...

13. elvesuvio

elvesuvio Member+

Feb 6, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Exactly--also, we are probably 1st in the league in terms of how cool our team looks out on the field (LOL)...who cares? At the end of the day, its all about our official position in the league as it pertains to requalification for CL...anything short of this I'm afraid is somewhat of a failure since we've invested so much in it--don't get me wrong, if we don't requalify and next year our only mission is serie a, ******** with the team we have, we better win it...LOL.

Average or mediocre doesn't cut it dude...we need to fix our D and I don't mean in the summer--right now. Other teams are getting stronger or are talking about it at least--we can't afford to drop points again against those same mediocre teams...We should get one more Dman and Mazzarri needs to start playing a 4 (shit, maybe even a 5) man back line. This might enable us to requalify for next year...

14. onelovenapoli

onelovenapoli Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

here is the our new signing dressed in our famous blue

15. Cavani7

Cavani7 Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
  16. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    What's the scouting report on this Vargas guy?

I saw a couple of youtube vidoes, he seems quick.

17. william6

william6 Member

Jan 5, 2011
    naples
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Il Road Runner I have this feeling about this guy, when you get that feeling you get that feing

18. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    yes, i really do, despite never having watched him live and i feel the enthusiasm in naples surrounding this guy suggests that its a huge portion of napoli fans that feel this way too, i cant put my finger on it but i just feel he's gonna be a huge star, careca said he's better than neymar right now, not more talanted but just better right now, lets hope so.

19. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Yes, he doesn't have the dribble of Neymar or Alexis, but he can hold is own, he protects the ball well, carries it close and has great acceleration.

But Napoli fans should be calm. Napoli already have an amazing striking force and don't really need Vargas that badly, he should be eased in Cup matches.

20. Cavani7

Cavani7 Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    If Mazzarri has a brain he'll be used in a trident in a 4-3-3 formation.

21. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  22. elvesuvio

elvesuvio Member+

Feb 6, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    totally...

23. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    tbh im not gonna expect nothing from him untill next season, but i sort of feel like i wont need to wait that long to see his talant

24. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  25. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRVBmNyTzc8&feature=player_embedded#"]Napoli - La prima volta di Edu 'Turboman' Vargas - YouTube[/ame]!

Napoli - La prima volta di Edu 'Turboman' Vargas