Nani "The Rumours Thread"

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by Força Sporting, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Re: Nani: Time to Let Him Go?

get over it PIO! You know Sporting will sell him rather than risk seeing him leave for nothing; who are you kidding??!! It's the law of player transfers nowadays... :cool:

2. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Exactly. I do not know why you were avoiding that fact with the injury comment.

3. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Gemtlemen...he has a contract with SCP until 2010.

With a buyout clause of 20 Million.

He can only get out of his contract if a club pays 20 Million Euros.

The talk of renegociations was in order to offer him a better salary.

He isn't going anywhere. SCP President Soares Franco has publicly stated numerous times that Veloso, Nani, Moutinho and Djalo will not be sold unless SCP are "OVERWHELMED" with an offer.

So everyone just take your meathooks off and go develop your own. SCP is not a farm team for the Man U or any other team in the world.

If they want our players, they had better pony up the cash:D

4. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

I would be willing to make a bet with you that he goes during the summer transfer window, for under 20 million Euros.

P.S: Alot of sources are saying his contract runs out next year.

5. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

If he does, it will be for 20 Million...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76iOJShjZ6k

There's a new sheriff in town and the days of getting SCP players cheap is gone...thanks to Cron.

6. s.t.r.i.p.e.s

s.t.r.i.p.e.s New Member

Jan 11, 2007

not for long. i don't think the special one will be there next season and the new manager won't keep garbage like hilario. paulo ferreira has also had a horrible season so he may move on.

i think next season ricardo carvalho is the only one who may be there, although there are rumours of him maybe going to milan.

i think if united are interested in nani i think he will come here ahead of chelsea because a) there's an obvious place for him to play as giggs is going to be phased out over the next year or two b) look what it did for ronaldo c) united are now once again the best team in england d) the buyout clasue is about 8m pounds, which means that chelsea won't be able to outbid united this time e) we have carlos queiroz, which helps to have a portuguese speaking coach - like i say i don't think chelsea will have one.

7. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Lets organize a bet....Because I think his current contract is done at the end of next year and has a buyout clause of 12 million Euros.

And very nice video, appreciated.

8. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

"At the moment Nani has a contract until 2008, with a rescission clause of around 20 million euros. The Lisbon club has already prepared a new contract which will keep Nani tied to Alvalade until 2011 and raise the rescission clause to 25 million euros."

Quote Taken from SCP's public relations director.

Nani's current contract expires at the end of next year, to take him this summer teams have to pay 20 Million Euros. If he stays and plays without a contract extension teams can get him on a free transfer next year...imagine that:eek:

9. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

I was going to bring that up earlier but I wasn't 100% sure... so then there's no doubt he's as good as gone this Summer... Actually from what I understood the transfer rules in European Soccer, he is free to negotiate a deal with another team starting next January, isn't it correct?

10. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Alright, so it does appear to be 20 million, but as I stated, the contract does expire at the end of next year. Which means that that 20 million Euro's in itself negotiable, because they will be questioning whether Nani will resign with them.

So I say he goes for somewhere between 12-18 million Euros.

11. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Nani might be back quicker then you can say Simao Sabrosa goes to Barcelona.

Paulo Bento has placed him on the bench once or twice when his head become enlarged after October's stint with the National Team. He has just begun to regain his form over the last 2 games.

Let's keep this in mind, he is not Ronaldo. Nani is purely money motivated. Not that other players aren't but Ronaldo continues to work hard and try to improve. I have a feeling once Nani gets his pay day he may go the way of Dani.

I hope that I am wrong as the kid has phenomenal ability, but as PIO has stated the kids is from the "Baracas" of Amadora and has Euro Signs in his head. (Played in the same neighborhood as Manuel Fernandes)

12. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Nothing wrong with being from the Baracas and having money in your head. To some degree, it might motivate one even further. Dollar signs is basically the only motivation for me to continue my education at this point in time....

Nani is no Ronaldo, but lets not forget Ronaldo also came from the little favelas in Madeira. He has come from an impoverished background as well...

Nani will be fine.

Its just there are so many factors that, to me, make it seem very likely that Nani will be wearing a red jersey come September, and it won't be Benfica's. Glazer management have expressed that they will be giving money to make some key purchases over the summertime. Manchester United are looking to mold a replacement for Giggs. Nani is a highly rated winger, not just in Portugal but abroad as well. Sporting have some loose futeboling ties with Manchester United. There are other teams in the EPL that are interested in his services. Ronaldo has expressed his interest in seeing Nani by his side. Nani has NOT signed an extension, that I believe has been on the table for quite some time. He had problems with the coach, and management....

To me, it just add's up.

13. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ

We'll, I've met him a couple of times while he was a junior, and when he got called to the A team. The kid might be from the Baracas, but he has a heart of gold. He's not a phony or whatever people might be thinking of him. It will take time for him to adjust to this sudden fame, but tha's life.

14. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Didn't ever think he was. He is too quite and humble, from my perspective anyways.

Thats so cool that you actually had the opportunity to meet him. Did you ever think he was going to be this big when you were talking to him back then?

15. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Ronaldo was hardly impoverished...his family Mother/Father 2 sisters and a brother were typical middle class. His father was also equipment manager for his youth team Andorinha before he went to Nacional for 1 year. Then at 11 he had a 3 day trial with SCP and the rest is history. Funny story is Liverpool coach Gerrard Houlier had a look at him when he was 16 and decided he was too "raw" to bring him to Liverpool.

When I wrote Nani has cash in his eyes is because sometimes when a player finally gets his pay day they lose their motivation. Just look at the NBA, bunch of millionaires that don't give a rat's ass about thier performance. Very few excel on a night to night basis. There are alot more Marburys then there are Lebrons.

Take Moutinho for example, miles ahead in terms of development and not once to do here him state he would leave for x team for x amount of money, etc. Kid has his head on straight. That's why if Nani does go, while I will be upset, to me I want to cheer for players that love the Jersey they play for like Sa Pinto, Pedro Barbaso, Iordanov, Carlos Xavier, Oceano, Pedro Venacio, Manuel Fernandes (not the Lampiao)

16. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

"His childhood home is perched on a hill overlooking a main road that winds through the island’s hilly interior. The back wall of the now deserted house is crumbling. The wooden slats that serve as windows, have holes in them and the corrugated iron roofs needs attention. It is typical of the other properties in the ‘bairro’ and worth less than £5,000. "

17. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ

The first time I met him it was here in the states, him Cedric Soares, and Andre Marques (LB for the U21 today) after they checked in to the hotel we then went to a indoor facility to play with the kids from our club. There you could see he had the skills to move to the next level, well one year later he's on the A team. Actually I told him "Nani tems um grande futuro".

18. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005

So you're the one that caused his swelled head :D Damn you.

19. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ

I'm used to it, my wife blames me for everything. :p

20. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

In Funchal that's middle class...

21. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

I saw a photo of it though. Kind seem to find it anymore. Looked exactly like a little favela that my father use to live in. Thin metal sheet as the roof, maybe twice the size of a shack...etc...etc.

22. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Yeah, I hear you. Now you can understand his motivation to do well. Not only for his father but for his entire family.

23. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Oh wow...and Nani lived worst then that?!?

I thought the Portuguese government eradicated the little favela communities in Portugal. I know they got rid of the one in Olaias.

24. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

I still think that he should go this summer. His form with the NT will garner lots of attention and generate millions of Euros for the club...

25. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ

Where does SCP get the full potential out of our youth program if all we do is sell them before their prime.

Ok we'll bank a few millions, and we lose a few millions in titles, and CL money.
    After a pretty good CL run this year, where we could've done better, but it was a tough group, and one couldn't expect more from such a young team. The kids gained experience, and will be back stronger in next years run.
    Now theirs talks of interests in Veloso do we sell him too? Do we sell Moutinho too, lots of clubs willing to shell out millions for him as well.
    If we start selling them what were doing is having to rebuild every year with youth, now that's not going to win us anything.
    All we get is bragging rights on our NT, of Ex-Sporting players.
    Keep the youth, and build around them, win titles, and more money will be there for the players, and the club.