Nani "The Rumours Thread"

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by Força Sporting, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Re: Nani: Time to Let Him Go?

Traitor is too strong of a word. I prefer two timer :D :D

2. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005

Is that what you said about Joao V. Pinto too ? :)

3. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton

You had to bring that one up, didn,t you :D Ok your right, you owe us. We will discount 10% off the price for Nani and we will throw in Beto. ;)

4. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005

We already got rid of one Beto, so , no thanks.

5. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados

Some people say Nani is not ready to go due to his inconsistency but not let us forget that Cristiano was quite similar in this regard.

6. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005

Different situation really, CR had more of a challenge for a spot on the team, mainly Quaresma.

7. Snatch_81

Snatch_81 New Member

May 21, 2005

From what i´ve seen of Nani, I think he is a very good player. With good tecnique and speed. But a thing I´m wondering about after some research on how Sporting usually plays. It looks you play in a diamond formation in the midfield, with Nani and Moutinho in the middle of the diamond. I tought Nani was a wide player like Ronaldo, how would you say his playing role in the team is? Hoping for some good answars here, as I don´t get to see him play often.

And how would you sum up his season this year? From what I know, he atarted very goodin the 6-7 first games in the league, and had some good matches in the CL. But then he got a form dip, and there were alot of speculation around him from the media, about going to some big clubs. It looked like that did something with his performance, and maybe he got a bit big headed? Didn´t he want wage rise etc.? Please fill me in, as i think this is interesting.

And what about the relations between ManUtd and Sporting? Do they have first option on your players? Or doesn´t the agreement stand anymore? And the first option deal, is that something that means that if other clubs make a bid on your players, United have to be informed, and then both bids will be accepted if it´s the same?

8. utd for ever

utd for ever New Member

Oct 13, 2006

Sporting: No Nani offers

Sporting Lisbon have told skysports.com that it would take €20million (£13.5million) to secure their starlet Nani, amid claims that Tottenham had expressed an interest.

The 20-year-old forward is likened to Cristiano Ronaldo - and the Manchester United ace has admitted he would love Nani to follow him to Old Trafford.

Indeed, The Red Devils are one of the clubs who have been showing a keen interest for a number of months, as have Premiership rivals Chelsea.

Spurs, though, are the latest club to look at Nani - but reports suggest that they would be unwilling to offer more than €10million (£6.7million).

"The club that wants the kid have a price, €20million, only by this money would we be disposed to let Nani leave," a Sporting spokesman confirmed to skysports.com.

"We know of the interest of several English clubs for Nani, and that is normal because of his quality - but until this moment we have received no offer in writing."

Nani's agent Jorge Mendes admits there is a great deal of interest in Nani.

"The decision depends on Sporting because the player has a deal," Mendes told skysports.com.

"But Nani is a player of enormous potential and other big clubs have asked about his situation."

Nani's current deal with Sporting is due to expire next year.

9. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Firstly, would the English Speaking Media get our name right...

It's Sporting Clube de Portugal morons...not Sporting Lisbon...:rolleyes:

There is no "Contract" with Man U. for SCP players. The clubs have a good relationship but no formal player exchange exists.

To answer Snatch's question...SCP play a "Losango" or Diamond Midfield. Nani has played mainly as an "interior left mid" but has also played the #10 role or Offensive mid. He can also play the wing, but is not soley a flank player. He isn't as flashy as Ronaldo but does have some of the same moves. He is a very gifted technical player, he isn't very big but is extremely strong and athletic.

1 v 1 he is extremely dangerous, he gets himself in trouble though when he holds on to the ball too long.

10. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Nani still has a contract with SCP and the Buyout clause is 20 Million Euros. The renegociations have to do with improving his salary as he is one of the lowest paid SCP players.

SCP have stated that he will not leave for less then 20 Million.

His Agent is Jorge Mendes and as we all know he loves to pressure teams to sell early with no thought of his clients. (Nani was in court because his former agent was still owed money) Jorge Mendes like all slimebag agents wants a new deal so he can get some revenue from this player.

11. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

No. The buyout that was stated in the begging of the year was 12 million Euros, which was under the same contract.

Even if we went with that inflated number of 20 million Euros, Nani has NOT signed an extention yet, which makes him a free agent by next year.

That means that either Sporting take a reasonable amount of money that is offered to him, or that he walks on nothing, nada, zero dollars. Thus, Sporting ends up getting no money in return for the investment that they made.

He has been in "talks" for what now? Since before the Christmas break....? I do not believe he is going to sign a contract extention, Manchester will probably offer somewhere around 12 million Euros, and he will be playing in England next season.

12. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ

Not really.
    If he let's his contract run out he's taking the risk of his life, and could end up where he was a few years ago.
    The team he would sign for would still have to pay the value of the "player formation" clause.

13. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ

All of your answers could be found in these Sporting threads, but I'll try to summarize it.

As for the personal problems he had, they did cause some poor performances on the field, but he's young, and one can't burn him for it.
    It all started when PB his coach in the juniors brought him to the senior squad. At that point power hungry agent Jorge Mendes started to lure him away from his old agent (a female I can't remember her name). He succeeded, and she brought up lawsuits, that came to light a few months ago. That was when he was forced to reveal his salary, and he made statements that he was one of the worst paid players on the team. Well he is, and a shame for Sporting not to better his salary since they had done it to others. Now there is a bitter sweet relationship, but I'm pretty hopefull Sporting will step up to the plate, and renew his contract.
    As for the MU agreement I'm pretty sure it still exists, but since this was a two way agreement thats only worked one way, I don't give it much importance if their not the highest bidder.

14. EssexSpurs

EssexSpurs New Member

Mar 21, 2007

Nani is coming to Spurs.
    Thanks Sporting LISBON.

15. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ

Your not welcome, moron.
    Why would he move go to a worse club?
    I would think he'd want to improve. :rolleyes:

16. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton

Considering that teams like Man U, Chelsie and Inter are also looking into purchasing him, I dought the 10 million will get Tott any sereouse consideration at all. If sold this year, Nani will not go for less than 20 to 22 million. I still think Sporting should hold on to him for at least one more year or two. Then sell him for $$$$$$$$$$.

17. utd for ever

utd for ever New Member

Oct 13, 2006

Transfer speculation: Nani to Manchester United (£17.5 million)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tottenham Sporting Director, Damien Comolli, was in Portugal last weekend and all reports suggest there was only one man being watched. Sporting Lisbon’s 20 year old attacking midfield prospect Carlos Almeida da Cunha, (better known as Nani), is on a number of clubs wish lists this summer and has now been linked to White Hart Lane. Comolli might have arrived at the party too late though as rumours circulate that the deal is done to take Nani to Old Trafford. From the same youth system that has produced Luis Figo, Cristiano Ronaldo and Liverpool target Simao, Nani is the latest in a line of wingers to come out of the fabled Sporting academy. Reputed to be the “next Cristiano Ronaldo” and eager to move to the Premiership, the Portuguese international broke into Sporting’s first team at the age of 18. Not afraid of the big stage he turned in a Man of the Match performance on his international debut against Denmark and those watching will have been impressed with his display in Sporting’s 1-0 away win against Superliga leaders Porto. He has the raw pace which is a must at the top level but it is allied to dazzling footwork and a versatility that allows him to be deployed on either flank or down the middle. Throw in 6 goals, (celebrated with a trademark somersault), in his debut season and you start to realise what the fuss is about. However, whilst United are clear favourites to sign Nani there is also interest from a number of other suitors, notably Inter Milan and Lyon. A figure of £10m has been bandied about which has not put off any interested party. The buy out clause in his contract is thought to be in the region of £17.5m. Sporting Lisbon have attempted to put the kybosh on any transfer talk with club President Soares Franco stating publicly that he will not be sold. The harsh reality is that if he is as good as he is cracked up to be, he will eventually be sold. Nani has fuelled the speculation recently in his refusal to sign a contract extension. United continue to be the club thought most likely to secure Nani’s services, but despite the rumours in Lisbon, no deal has been announced. Ronaldo has stated his desire to see his compatriot at Old Trafford and they share the same agent. The influence of Carlos Queiroz also cannot be understated. Whilst Premiership full backs must be having sleepless nights at the prospect of Ronaldo and his protégé attacking them next season, United fans can look forward to watching the development of another great winger if a deal is eventually agreed.

18. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton

utd for ever

Do you not think that Chelsie will also get involved in the bidding war. If for no other reason than to keep Nani away from Man U. I smell a bidding war over this one.

19. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

What? He wouldn't be taking the risk of his life. There are MANY MANY teams that would want his services. He would find work immediatly. Stop trying to dramatize the situation.

20. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Ummm...very interesting point. It very well could happen, espically since there is Portuguese influence at Chelsea as well.

I would much rather see him go to Manchester United though.

21. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ

It's reality.
    Suppose he gets badly injured, who would want him?
    Suppose Sporting doesn't even call him up to games, only practices then what?
    There are other scenarios.

You think it's all fun, and games. Well, it's not their are a lot dirty tricks in pro ball, that could literally end careers.

22. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Okay. He obviously would be cautious about playing the game at a particular level while not under contract. But once he put the pen to the paper, things would immediatly return to normal.

Nani is wanted by numerous teams from a variety of leagues including out. Porto and Benfica would not hesitate to sign him.

23. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton

That is a vary interesting question that brings up another question. Many players have insurance policies in the case of injuries. Many agents insist that their players have it. Agents have a vested interest in the future earnings of the play since they make a percentage of those earnings. Is this not a practice used in Portugal ?

24. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

This is pure merde. $ 20 Mill is his asking price -- take it or leave it.

I think he would excel playing For Man U along with Ronaldo. Fergie knows how to mold a play and coach him. Spurs is Just an average team, always in the 4th to 6th seed, which is crapola.

I would love For him to stay with Sporting, but his attitude towards his contract is sometimes like a little child.

25. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ

Agents only earn on transactions, or some contract renewals.