Nani "The Rumours Thread"

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by Força Sporting, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Re: Nani: Time to Let Him Go?

Did he do well or badly?

2. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ

Nani did play a wonderful game today, and this is the reason why he shouldn't go yet. We need to hold on to our talent in Portugal, and not rely on second rate Brasilians to hold our Potuguese teams in the fore front of European soccer.

3. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Portugal teams need money. Nani will probably be sold to Manchester United this summer. If Manchester United do not make a purchase then he will stay at Sporting in the upcoming season.

4. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton

All I can say about this post is REP !!!! I agree 100 %. Guys, you have to be patient with young players. He is on his way back for you guys and will end the year strong.

5. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton

He was solid today. Instromental for Sporting. More important, he is showing signs of getting back to his old form. Im happy for him. Sucks for the other teams though. :mad: :D

6. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Hes on his way to the Airport, boarding a plan to Manchester....

7. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton

In the end, that is where all of our young talent go, the question is how quickly do we sell our talent. No one is holding a gun to Sportings head to sell their players. Hold this player for two more years and you will get a heck of alot more for him and the fans of Sporting deserve this.

8. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

But he doesn't want to be there. Contract negotiations have failed. He himself knows Manchester United are interested in his services. He knows he will be playing in a more competitive league, alongside his countrymen Ronaldo.

Hes going this summer, probably for 12 - 18 millon Euros.

9. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton

You might be right about him leaving. Im just saying that it is a mistake. Just for the record we are not behind close doors so we dont know exactly what is being offered or what is being said. All we know is what is being reported by newspapers that need to sell papers.

10. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Very true. I think if he went to any other team is would also be a mistake.

Manchester United is not a mistake, SAF will do exactly the same with Nani as he did with Ronaldo. The only difference in this situation is that Nani is not alone, he has Ronaldo.

11. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005

I knew it , you're a closet Sporting fan :) No need to hide, come on out.:D

12. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton

:D
    Grand Sacana

13. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

He will be Flying in his own jet. The kid needs to go, I hate to say it. I know he has potential to be a Good player but consistency is his issue. Man U is the perfect Fit for his mentality only because he would be coached by mentors/teachers of the game -- Carlos Queiroz & Fergie Ferg.

Let the swagger bidding continue....

14. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Yeah consistency is a problem with Nani. When he does eventually go to Manchester United, we are going to hear all the same things in the begging that we did about Ronaldo for about a year or two. No end product, to much tricks, etc...

Then he will take over the EPL just like Ronaldo is doing.

15. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Joelz...stop jumping the gun with Manchester. They are not automatically the front runners for getting him. I would think that either Valencia or Barcelona or a Serie A team will get him if and when he leaves.

16. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

I doubt it.

Valencia is stacked on wingers. Both Joaquim and Vicente have solidified that spot for years to come.

Bercelona, the current situation there is solid as well. I cannot see Messi or Ronaldinho leaving within the next 2 seasons, and it appears they are more interested in Robben then Nani.

I suppose a Series A team could go after him, maybe Inter, yet I believe they are more interested in Quaresma then Nani.

Also, Manchetser United has ties with Sporting. Also mount the fact that Manchester United currently has a Portuguese influence in Ronaldo and Quieroz. I think the front runners are Manchester United, and I will jump the gun.

17. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

You forget that Nani can also play the #10 role. Ronaldinho is not a "Winger" he is an offensive mid. Doesn't look like Man U are going to make any large purchases, if anything they will be selling. Nani will have a 20 Million buy out close when his deal is done, and I don't see Man U spending that much. I also don't see him leaving this year.

Sporting also have very good relations with both Barcelona and Valencia. Barcelona received Figo, Simao, Quaresma. Valencia negociates with SCP every year. (Caneira) Manchester is now frowned upon because they don't work with SCP, they merely want preferential treatment in terms of picking up SCP's youth without sending over any talent.

18. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

everyone is forgetting about Real Madrid? Supposedly there's an agreement for Nani to head over to Galactiland when Sporting allows him to leave (not necessarily at the end of this year though)...

19. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton

Giggs may be retiring and Larson may not come back for next year, so as far as there being room in Man U, there sure is. I just dont know how much money they are will to spend and if they see Nani worth that much ( I think he is though).

20. s.t.r.i.p.e.s

s.t.r.i.p.e.s New Member

Jan 11, 2007

united will defnitely be on the lookout for a player like nani.

giggs still has a couple of years left in him, but larsson won't be coming back.

park and richardson don't have the quality to replace giggs, and i'm pretty sure fergie will want a skillfull player that can play in one or two positions in attack.

21. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

It would be wonderful if he mastered that #10 position. He could be Deco's replacement, but to me he looks more comfprtable on the wing with a tendency to leak into the middle of the field.

And the buyout clause will not be 20 million, because a deal will never be reached. If there was a deal it would have been reached already. Manchester United would surely spend 8-12 million Euros on Nani.

22. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

That is the main reason why he should Got to Man U.

23. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005

I just have one thing to say to him : Help Sporting win the title this year and the doors will open double wide for you to go anywhere you want. :D

24. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton

ANYWHERE ?????????????? How about Benfica ?:D :D

25. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005

Ok. You got me there. One traitor is enough :) Let me rephrase it : Anywhere outside of the Superliga.