Nani "The Rumours Thread"

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by Força Sporting, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Re: Nani: Time to Let Him Go?

Please enlighten me...exactly which players has Mourinho Developed?

Who? Maybe Derlei who he knew from Leiria.

2. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005

Maybe Paulo Ferreira would qualify.

3. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown

Um..

JOE COLE

he sucked before mourinho, losing the ball during every dribble etc

4. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown

Deco, who was rejected by benfica LOL and mourinho snappedf him up

Maniche as well, he had a superb season in benfica, before they sent him to thier b team where mourinho bought him and revived his career.

5. utd for ever

utd for ever New Member

Oct 13, 2006

When ronnie likes a player,you know there will be only one outcome

6. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN

We do but if there is a gap or a superior player available then we will fill it with a transfer. Unfortunately our youth is being hampered by Chelsea. Previously we could integrate youth players and it would not impact on what we did domestically. Since Chelsea arrived the bar has been raised. We now cannot afford to risk giving younger players the chance like we previously would have. They need to be ready to hit the ground running which is why we are sending most of our youth out on loan to get valuable experience. No-one likes the current situation but it would be unacceptable for us to give up on several seasons to blood our younger players like Arsenal are trying to do now. The club would not accept it, the manager would not accept it and the fans would not accept it. It's a shit situation but we need to live with it.

7. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Good assessment.

8. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Enough already, When is Man U going to make a real offer.

$20 mill is his asking price, I believe. Take it or leave it.

9. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

I think think will offer 12 Million pounds as soon as the Transfer Window re-opens.

10. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton

That is a vary knowledgeable comment. Vary true. The top teams in EPL can not afford to play and develope young talent at the risk of loosing competativeness to the other top teams. That is vary understandable and noting really wrong with that. They are doing all they can to stay on top for themselves and their fans. Now having said that, you can have it both ways. You cant say this and on the other hand say you were instromentle in developing CR and by the same token be vary quiet on your "development" success with Roony. Cant have it both ways. CR is an ecceptional talant that does not come around every year. He would have become a star no matter where he played. weather that be in Portugal, Italy, Spain or England.

11. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton

These are great examples of what Man U used to be great at doing but these players all range from 32 to 35 years of age. Where are the young Man U players of today and did they come up through the Man U system ?

This is not to say that Man U can not develope their own talent. They have proven in the past the they can, they are just not doing it now because they do not want to risk loosing competativeness to Chelsie. IMO it is God given talent brougt out and nurtured by Sporting school. Man U offered time and space for him to apply and mature these skills. Both physical and mental maturity.

12. utd for ever

utd for ever New Member

Oct 13, 2006

You dont know anything about the talents coming through from utd,so better not discuss it,we have many exciting talents coming through the ranks,so figure it out first

13. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton

Great, prove me wrong. Name me the many young talents that have actually played and contributed to Man U in the last 5 years.

14. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton

Anyhow, Im taking this off topic. I think that Nani will come back to his old form and that any team that decides to purchas him (such as Man U who are a vary good judge of young talent) will do vary well with him. Young players have ups and downs. He has too much talent to stay down for long. :)

15. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

I would be so happy if he eventually went to Man U

16. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton

I could see him with CR and Giggs going wild on the field :eek: :D

17. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Guys this is a Nani thread...do not turn it into a Man U thread.

18. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

?

Nani is still a component in the discussion.

19. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown

Nani has been pretty good the past games.

Starting to get out of his slump and play like he did earlier in the season.

Either hes slowly maturing or hes putting on a show for the scouts watching him to pave the way for a bigger pay check.:D

The fact that the likes of bueno, Farnerud, parades etc make 3 times as much money as him is laughable.

20. Carne Leao

Carne Leao New Member

Aug 6, 2006

Comparing Nani, a player close to 2 years out of the academy, to Bosman signings/loanees is getting ridiculous. Much like all the reports of Nani complaining about his wage so often.

21. s.t.r.i.p.e.s

s.t.r.i.p.e.s New Member

Jan 11, 2007

there aren't any, and it is a concern for united fans. although i would tell you to keep your eye open for a young defender named johnny evans, who is currently on-loan at sunderland. he looks as if he could be a sensational centre-back.

but united have not been producing quality over the last 5-10 years. wes brown, john o'shea and darren fletcher are all decent squad players but not exactly top class.

by the way, in response to an earlier post - keane didn't come through the united system. he was discovered by brian clough for nottingham forest when they brought him over from ireland at about 19 years of age and he moved to united at about 21.

but the lack of players coming through recently isn't down to the coaching. it's not as if united have let anyone go elsewhere and they have proved ferguson wrong. fergie has proved time and time again that he is a master of developing talent, but he can't do it when there aren't quality players coming through.

i think if a player has got the talent, united is a club that will get it out of you and help you reach your potential. if it's in you - fergie will see it and help you make the most of it. therefore, i think united is a great move for any young player.

22. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005

I'm still a Nani basher, his game vs Estrela didn't show me any real improvement over his latest
    " slump" . He may have lost the ball less times than in a previous game, but he still lost it many times in the Estrela game. He still cann't find the back of the net.

23. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Well, now that he's been Given a chance with the NT. Let's see what he can do to make the most of his experience at a high level.

I hope he has can contribute.

24. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Hummmmm...He was finding the net pretty often in the beginning of the season before he got called up.

25. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton

After watching Nani play today against Porto and me being a Benfica fan, maybe you guys are right, sell this guy ASAP !!!!!!;) :D