News: Myanmar Football Thread

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by yazadarit, Oct 14, 2008.

1. thuya95

thuya95 Member

Jul 30, 2008
    check it out guys! :)

2. YomaTaung

YomaTaung Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Princeton, USA
    Avocados, I did watch the game (my wife thought I was crazy waking up at 4:30 am, but it was Saturday), missed the first 10 min or so. Myanmar played a safe, compact game crowding the midfield and creating opportunities as they came along. The clearest chance in the first half was Kyi Lin had a shot from inside the 18 that the Lao goalie made a kick save - should have scored. Otherwise, the whole half was comfortable for Myanmar. The same for second half. Park Sung Hwa, in my opinion, is a pretty good, tactical coach. He was comfortable with a tie. For example, later in the second half he could have brought in Kaung Si Thu as the Lao players were tiring, instead replaced a midfielder with another. Even when the crowd was getting frustrated Park opted to go on with his game plan. I remember reading before the U22 Qualifiers that he was concerned with the fitness level of our players, so embarked on a massive fitness program (he also brought in a Korean fitness coach, who still remains). I see more diagonal runs and wing backs overlapping - these are all good signs.
    Park, if we are keeping score, has not yet lost an official game. With U22, we tied Korea and won the rest, with senior team tied Singapore and Laos, winning the rest. But the BIG test is ahead in November.
    Kyaw Ko Ko is for real - I hope he is fit for Suzuki Cup. I remember his Mexican double "sombrero" goal (your 2:44 clip) distinctly. You are right about Kaung Si Thu as he will grow. His goal against Cambodia was a typical striker's goal from just outside the 6 yd box. I remember his brace against Malaysia as well. Yan Paing would make a great 2nd striker, creating assist opportunities for the youngsters who would do the running. Let's hope for the best.

3. YomaTaung

YomaTaung Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Princeton, USA
    For Fifa date Nov 14, MFF has extended invitations to India, China (declined), UAE, Bahrain, and Turkmenistan to play in Yangon. Hopefully, someone will accept.

4. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    I think India is already scheduled to play Yemen in and around that date.

5. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    Acc. to football-rankings.info, Myanmar will gain 29 places in the FIFA rankings in November to 155, higher than Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia who will be at 162-164.

6. YomaTaung

YomaTaung Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Princeton, USA
    Seems reasonable - the level of these teams are similar. Rankings will fluctuate, but not drastically, depending on future results.
    BTW, one local website mentions that CAMEROON is coming to play Myanmar on Nov 14 in Yangon. If true it will be a big deal, hopefully paving the way for better teams to visit in the future.

7. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  8. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Updates about Myanmar's preparations for AFF Suzuki Cup ?

9. YomaTaung

YomaTaung Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Princeton, USA
    Still unclear. After the quote from a Myanmar website regarding Cameroon playing against us, I can't be sure what's legit. Apparently, Head Coach Park went on a scouting trip to watch Vietnam/Malaysia friendly and will also watch Thailand's friendly later.
    Myanmar team roster has been trimmed to 22 with 5(?) forwards, an area that Coach wants more improvement. With the MFF Cup over (Ayeyawaddy won it, goalie Thiha Si Thu almost single handedly won it for them. Makes them eligible for AFC Cup 2013), national team camp has begun in earnest. I believe a Japanese J2 team has been invited to play some friendlies in mid November. If true, it is an interesting strategy. Prior to AFC U22 qualifiers, Coach Park took the team to Korea and played various friendlies; then took the national team to Japan to play a few friendlies (including a couple against J League Cerezo Osaka) as part of prep for Suzuki qualifications. They lost just about all the games, but in the bigger picture I am certain Coach was trying out various tactics and results did not matter at all. Plus the team got exposed to different level/style of play.
    So, Jonny, here's my long winded answer!

jonny63 repped this.
  10. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
  11. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
  12. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    yeah, you are right, Kyaw Ko Ko, Kyaw Zayar Win and Soe Min Oo are all out because of injuries.

Aung Myint Tun and Mine Aike Naing are in..

ref: http://www.myanmarnationalleague.com

13. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Yeah, Myanmar NT will have two friendly games against Fagiano Okayam, J League 2 club (currently on Position 8 in league table) on Nov 15 and 17.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fagiano_Okayama

14. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Hahaha. That is epic comedy. What timing. Are we going to be alright? :thumbsdown:

15. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
    I want to see Yan Paing score a goal. He's not a bad player but he never score goals in AFF championships, or at least since like forever.

Even if we don't do well for this tournament, I would want Park Sung Hwa to stay. He cares about Myanmar football; he's very realistic -- he speaks his mind about where Myanmar team is even if what he says is uncomfortable to hear -- and it seems like he have picked players through his own observations instead of pure reputation (I'm just guessing on this because I was not beside him). If this theory I have is true, he's someone who'll help build the national team through observations like an insider instead of being a "guest".

16. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Yeah, what a timing!

Even though Myanmar fans don't like Yan Paing, I believe he is one of the best striker we got in Myanmar. His presence in the field always gave headache to the opponents. But you know Myanmar fans, right? They only think that the player is hardworking only if the player is running non-stop. Yan Paing is different, he doesn't run around like mad man, but he always keep at least two opponents defenders busy around him. Really hope he can score winning goals in this tournament, which could be his last.

Yeah, totally agree with you about Park Sung Hwa, he must stay!

and here is his latest interview:

http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/4424...myanmar-manager-park-sung-hwa-remains-hopeful

enjoy!

17. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    YANGON (12 Nov 2012) – The Myanmar national team has lined up two friendly matches against Japan’s J-League Division 2 side Fagiano Okayama as their final tune-ups ahead of the AFF Suzuki Cup in less than two weeks.
    The team under former South Korean international Park Sung Hwa will take on Fagiano Okayama at the Youth Training Centre in Thuwunna on 15th November and 17th November 2012.

http://www.aseanfootball.org/?p=10621&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

18. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Fagiano Okayama 1-1 Myanmar

19. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
  20. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
  21. stellarboy

stellarboy Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Davao City
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
  22. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008

yes, 2/3 of the first line-up is injured :( Is it because of too many league and cup matches? I don't know..

but I am quite happy with the way they play against J2 league club, but need someone good with finishing. let's hope that some good players will come out from that batch!

23. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    another 1-1 draw today...

24. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Hahaha. No, but yazadarit mentioned above that 2/3 of the first team is injured.

yaza, I've not seen the match against the Japanese team. I'll see it.

25. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    ASC2012: Myanmar Announce Final List of 22 Players
    November 18, 2012

YANGON (18 Nov 2012) Myanmar have announced the list of 22 players for the AFF Suzuki Cup 2012 which kicks off next week.

This follows their final friendly match against Japanese Second Division side Fagiano Okayama last night. In the two matches that were played against the same team this week, Myanmar scored identical 1-1 draw.

Myanmar are in Group A of the AFF Suzuki Cup 2012 where they will be up against hosts Thailand, Vietnam and the Philippines in Bangkok.

MYANMAR NATIONAL TEAM for AFF SUZUKI CUP 2012

GOALKEEPERS: Thiha Sithu, Kyaw Zin Phyo

DEFENDERS: Han Win Aung, Zaw Min Tun, Aung Hein Kyaw, Zaw Zaw Oo, Aung Zaw, Thein Than Win, Pyaye Phyo Aung, Thet Naing, Moe Win

MIDFIELDERS: Aung Moe, Mai Aih Naing, Yan Aung Kyaw, Khin Maung Lwin, Phyo Ko Ko Thein, Naing Lin Oo, Kyi Lin, David Htan

STRIKERS: Kaung Sithu, Yan Paing, Soe Kyaw Kyaw

http://www.aseanfootball.org/?p=10698