Must have Youth! Every transfer is a failure! Rumours / Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by raven3k, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Mario Fernandes is a bit of head case, literally. I'm not sure the pressure cooker atmosphere of the Bernabeu is the right next step for a player of his delicate mental make up. Add to that he isn't going to come cheap and there isn't a whole lot to suggest he is that much better than Carvajal, I would pass on him.

EDIT: And in keeping all our options opened Berlusconi has graciously offered to sign Ronaldo but only for a fair price because of the worldwide economic crisis :D

2. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's a comedian by trade isn't he?

3. PatGer

PatGer Member

Sep 26, 2010
    What would we need RVP for? That would be just buying a player for the sake of buying a player. Benzema and Higuain have that more than covered. With the progress of Callejon and the re-emergence of Kaka, you can just role with this group till they show signs of complacency. Add an experienced CB for some depth till Varane is ready and a RB/CM combo player that can cover Arbeloa/Khedira and give them some competition. If Sahin stays a RB will do.

4. PatGer

PatGer Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Maybe he´s talking about the other Ronaldo, but Berlusconi should wait till the economic crisis has reached Ronaldo´s food supplier and taken a toll on his belly.

5. plyka

plyka Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kun has really impressed me. With Benz and Hig here, I saw no need for him last year because i think Benz is the better player and Hig is perhaps even with Kun. Also, Benz is extremely flexible and he can play really any position in our front 4. There is no issue with having Benz and Kun in the starting 11 at the same time. It would be an excellent move for Madrid.

However, the price tag associated with Kun makes him a non-viable option in my opinion. The transfer policy at Madrid has been top notch since Mou's arrival, the only player that Madrid have paid "fair price" and not gotten an incredible deal is Coentrao. The rest of the players Madrid got at an incredible discount. DiMaria for 25m euros is an absolute steal, which makes Ozil/Sahin for 10m a piece like robbing a bank. Even Khedira for 10m was a bargain, as was Varane for 10m. With this transfer policy, I don't see Madrid shelling out 50m euros for Kun.

And I like this policy. Madrid should continue this policy, look for those 10m euro gems like Varane, stay away from the highpriced / bigname transfer.

The kid was ready for primetime the day he was born. We have the "experienced" CB, his name is Carvahlo. Let's not overreact because he had a shitty few games. For the experienced role, i think Carvahlo is perfect. Varane is ready for prime time today, i would have zero anxiety watching him play CB in an important match.

6. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    I agree about Varane, I think he could start the next Clasico if Ramos or Pepe can't for some reason, and he would be fine. Also I think I'd put Di Maria in the category of "fair price" and Coentrao in the category of "overpriced," but the rest of the steals you mentioned more than make up for it.

7. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Let's sign Olivier Giroud as our third striker and then let's hope he uses Ronaldo as his Debuchy in goal celebrations :D

8. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Start another.