Must have Youth! Every transfer is a failure! Rumours / Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by raven3k, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. osnap427

osnap427 Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Younes Belhanda of Montpellier might be an interesting player to look at. Just turned 22, been utilized at both AM and CM by Montpellier, and is one of the main reasons for their success. It was rumored that Barca sent scouts to see him play several months ago. Would be a great option if neither Canales or Sahin never get the chance to pan out (which is unlikely, but still).

2. ratheesh7k

ratheesh7k Member

Feb 18, 2010
    India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Any one watched Sahin with Turkey midweek? I heard there were glimpses of his class..I just hope Mou rest Xabi in easy home games especially when there are CL matches involved.

3. kimchipride

kimchipride Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Aug 22, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  4. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    The French Ligue has hot, young football prospects coming from their earholes. Belhanda is one of them but I think his teammate Remy Cabella is just as interesting, looks like he might be the real deal.

5. zizou555

zizou555 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Watched the french under21 team last Tuesday.

Cabella was good, but the real impressive player was Varane.
    He still shows lack of experience but the speed and technique he showed in that match(not just defensively he did a roullete to dribble his way our between to attackers trying to pressure him) made me so happy.

Kalkuta and la gazette were more impressive than Cabella but all three had glimpses rather than a dominating game.

6. osnap427

osnap427 Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Indeed. Quite a few of those physical-African-DM types, as well as a lot of young defenders. Zouma and Ghoulam of Saint-Etienne look promising as far as defenders go. Hopefully Zizou can scout a few of them.

7. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ligue 1 is full of young interesting prospects. Problem is, for every Henry, theres 3 Marlets.

8. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good point.

9. demogorgon

demogorgon Member

Jul 18, 2006
    What I would like us to do in the summer:

defense: sell Albiol and Carvalho, promote Carvajal and buy new CB (Inigo Martinez sounds like a good option). It could be a bit risky with both Varane and Inigo being inexperienced players, but with addition of J. Martinez we would have one more player who could play as a centre back.

midfield: sell Hamit and Lass, buy J.Martinez. If Kaka is also sold and we are after another AM, Kagawa is a very interesting option. He is doing great in Bundesliga,he is young and I'm sure Perez would love to have one Asian player in Madrid for marketing purpose.

attack: promote one youngster (Joselu ?).

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kagawa would be half available, last i heard he was kicking around with his new contract, and might be fancying a move to the next step. Dortmund would sell i think if he tells them straight that he's not going to extend.

11. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    I don't know if Kagawa has the quality, Goetze would be the Dortmund player to go after IMO but he would cost a whole hell of a lot more. I think we would be willing to pay the price though, because we likely won't be bringing in more than a couple players this summer. I could definitely see a big money move happening if we target him.

12. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I think Van Persie is the most likely target in the summer, and a South American hyped up midfielder for summer/January. I just don't see too many gaps in the squad for us to need to spend, especially in the AM position. I can see us getting rid of fringe players to make space for more fringe players, or possibly strengthening the rightback and one of the central midfield positions, but that's about it.

13. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    I disagree about not needing someone for the AM position. If Ozil is out, our squad has no one to be the main creative, playmaking force. Kaka, while a good player centrally behind the striker, is not the same type of player. He is much more direct, more of a second striker than playmaker. We need someone else for that role. That is why I think Goetze would be worth a look, as he is a similar player to Ozil and can fill in like-for-like when needed, but they could also play well together in circumstances such as what we have now, where Di Maria is out.

14. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    But if Ozil isn't injured then you got a young player warming the bench for a few years and regressing due to the lack of playing time. I think Kaka will accept bench time due to his form and the fact he hasn't lit it up since we invested all that money in him, but another young playmaker won't be so keen.

I'd rather see how Canales does at Valencia and consider getting him back, than invest in a back-up like Goetze who should turn out to be a quality player, but won't if he doesn't play.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy to get as many quality young playmakers as we can get our hands on, but I don't think it'll turn out well for them, and they probably know it.

15. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree about RvP.. I think he is our target for the summer too but if i'm honest I'd stick with Higuain and Benzema and 3rd striker from Castilla option.. but there's always that doubt that Barca might be in for him too.

16. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    If we get him for under 20ME, great, but if he will cost any more than that let him stay at Arsenal or go somewhere else. Him going to Barca does not scare me all that much, tbh.

17. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Van Persie's price tag has never been higher than what it is now. With his goals and lack of missed games and the hype, he won't come cheap.

Is he really needed?

18. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    His contract is coming up.

19. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    His contract expires in 2013 not this summer so i don't think that gives as much leverage to the buying club.

His value will be sky high. He's finally hit his stride there and Arsene has finally figured out a way to play him fewer games so that he remains healthy. He's the biggest star not only in the team but also in the league. I think he'll end up signing with Arsenal.

But coming back to us, with our two young studs doing well in a one striker system, do we really need another premier level striker? Let alone an injury prone, big money transfer, premier level striker.

If we are going to throw away money then i'd rather we get Sergio Aguero than him.

20. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    We need another striker IMO, we can debate the "level" of him but I think we defo need one. A third striker, a RB and maybe a CB depending on who leaves and I'm cool as far as summer signings.

I'm still iffy on Carvajal as the RB "signing" although with Arbeloa, Lass (provided he stays) and Altintop I'm warming to the idea of promoting him as opposed to sending him out on loan.

21. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    RVP is more realistic than Aguero. I mean why would City want to sell their star forward?

22. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If Uncle Flo wants.. Uncle Flo will get ;-)

23. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maybe. Sergio wont be one of them though. That train has passed and its time to move on. City are hardly in need of money.

24. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I agree. You could possibly include CM as an area to improve.
    I think we need a starting RB to challenge Arbeloa. I'm not comfortable with Arbeloa and Carvajal as our RB choices.

Because nobody wants to stay with City when they can come to Madrid. :cool:
    I'd rather take Yaya off their hands though.

25. LosMerengues89

Jan 1, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Depends how seriously they take FFP I guess.

edit:

Yes please