Must have Youth! Every transfer is a failure! Rumours / Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by raven3k, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As is Kaka from a transfer fee and wages perspeective.

PS - Wouldn't want Valero here either.

2. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If only Khedira could put up the same displays that he did agaisnt CSKA the other day more often, I thought he was very impressive.

3. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He was terrific with Racing and was ballin' this season with Valencia. He was their most important player with Soldado. Just watch the game against Chelsea @ Mestalla. One of his best games this season. The kid had such a magnificent pass, he reminds me so much of Guti on this aspect. I actually think he is a potential upgrade over David Silva. Can't wait to see him play again.

I see all these names Hazard, Lucas, Erikssen. We don't need any of these players. Actually we don't need any player. Our team is fine as it is now. This team can go on for years. The first player who is to be changed if Alonso and the jefe can still go on for like four years.

Sell Kaka this summer or next summer. If we sell him next summer we just get Canales back. If we sell him this summer, promoting Jesé or getting back Sarabia would be a good idea. Jesé already is playing as a mediapunta and is doing great. Kick Carvalho out, promote Carvajal and Joselu and we're done.

Only transfer that actually would make sense is Martinez. Great great player, but I still believe that Sahin could become our Xavi. Can't understand why the kid is not given any chance.

4. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I'm not doubting his talent, but the truth is the truth: He had a wonderful first half of the season with Racing up until the point we signed him and loaned him back. The rest of the season was nothing to write home about. He had a good run of games at Valencia before getting that horrible injury, which was a shame. The kid can come back when he's ready, and if we bring him back too early, he's just going to rot on the bench. Who knows when he'll be able to recover his form again after a whole year off and a horrific knee surgery?

5. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Any news on how Canales is recovering from his injury?

6. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Canales already lost two seasons. I don't think his game will progress if he only gets 10 minutes per game as Ozil's backup next season. He should remain with Valencia and play in the CL. So if Kaka really leaves, we need to find a short term solution. We have not discuss Granero yet. He is better than Parejo or Sarabia and more realistic than Valero. But I prefer someone better.

We also need a rightback. Ramos is now the starting CB and Lass will probably leave too. So that leaves Arbeloa and Altintop as the remaining rightbacks.... it will be the weakest position next season.

7. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There aren't any worldclass RB's out there. Maicon is rotten, Alves really isn't a good RB, but the best one Barca can get for their sytem, Sagna will cost a lot. Only option would be Van der Wiel. His contract ends next year and Valencia are already negotiating with Ajax. He should cost 7/8 million euros. If he plays a good tourney in the summer, I would give it a shot. Though I would still prefer Carvajal over him. Too bad the kid isn't getting any chance this season. Hopefully we will be early Champions so the young boys can show the crowd what they are worth.

8. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Carvajal deserves a shot imo, kid has been great

9. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Speaking of Castilla players getting promotions, what do you think of Denis from Castilla?

The kid has a real gritty work ethic that I love and is pretty decent going forward as well.

10. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That is true. On the Jese story, i think that he was one of the first players recommended to Jose by Karanka to promote to the first team.

Doesn't really come to a surprise that Jese will be promoted straight to the first team.

11. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    A lot of what happens with our youth depends on what happens with their promotion run. If they are promoted for the bulk of them that are being hyped a season in the Second Division would probably be better than going out on loan (even to a top flight side) or rotting on the bench with the First Team. And the reality is if we are thinking of promoting a youngster it's probably only going to be one. Carvajal makes the most sense but Jese is intriguing as well. With that said Denis, while looking a promising prospect, probably doesn't stand a chance in Hell of being promoted next season. But who knows if we sell Di Maria, CR7 goes through a massive drop in form, and Uncle Flo puts a freeze on transfer spending then he's got a good shot of making the First Team.

12. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    And even then he wouldn't make the first team. :D
    I seriously think that neither Carvajal and Jese will make the first squad. Don't get me wrong I'd love to see them both, but IMO that won't happen. I'll be the 1st to say I was wrong. :p

How about Essien, I read somewhere that Abramovich has had enough of Lampards, Coles and Essiens shenanigans and that they're free to pursue new clubs in the summer. If Lass does leave, I say we send an offer to Chelsea. A midfield of Xabi, Essien and Oezil *drools*. If not, then Javi Martinez it is!

13. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I just saw highlights of Yaya Toure against Blackburn, and he was class yet again. If we were to make just one signing, he would be it for me. But I accept it's never going to happen with City's financial strength and the wages he is on.

Essien was good, but he seemed to be playing a restricted role, covering for Luiz's rampages. I think he loses a bit of his game when he is not allowed to maraud over the pitch. I've not watched much of him this season so I'm not sure if he'd be a good fit for us.

14. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    I'd rather have Essien than Martinez, but I don't think either is necessary with Khedira looking excellent nowadays and Sahin, Granero, Altintop all still available, assuming Lass is gone.

15. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    I would sign Toure, wages and transfer fee be damned, the nice little "FU" it would send to Barca as a reverberation of his signing would be well worth it especially since it will be on the heels of us winning La Liga and the CL :D

As a general rule there is not a whole lot that brings the lulz more than Cule tears, signing Toure would definitely get a rise out of them and the tears would become even more free-flowing and of a higher "quality" than normal as they would be laced with an extra special sense of butthurt and jaded sense of reality. And he is clearly the best DM out of all the names being tossed about, at least for me.

We can give City Pepe to soften the blow to our pocketbooks :p

16. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    I agree with everything you said, but he's just way too important for City and it's not even in the realms of possibility, in my opinion.

17. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hm.. yeah Denis I didn't like him much last season and he is not that talented, but he works hard and I appreciate that. But that a side, the kid isn't first team material. Carvajal obviously is so is Alex. The ginger has made a huge development this season. Is only getting better and better. His bro though also doesn't seem as first team material. Too static and reminds me of Albiol. Morata too isn't making any progress this season. He has one problem and that is Joselu who is banging in goals for fun. Not only those typical RvN tap ins, but also beauties from outside the box. I would actually promote Joselu instead of Morata atm. Alvaro is the same player as Pipita and Joselu would add something to the team like Manolito did last year.

18. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Dude, you obviously don't get how the Transfer Thread works, 98.3796% of the sh*t we discuss here, since they're mostly based on rumors and individual wants and desires, is "not even in the realms of possibility" :D

Posters like Umar would like to have you believe his average in this thread is lower (like 96%) but he is just as full of it as the rest of us :D

19. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    According to Marca the Club hasn't officially picked up Carvalho's extension although we are willing (only God knows why) but Carvalho want us to give him two more seasons so he is considering leaving in the summer.

20. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    hmm.. but didn't Mou say we had?

one more season is a better option imo.

21. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Yeah they're saying Mou was just basically blowing smoke up his (Cavalho's) ass, making him feel wanted while he was trying to rehab his injury. Who knows though...

22. PatGer

PatGer Member

Sep 26, 2010
    How much longer does Iker want to play? That other team apparently wants to sign Ter Stegen, who Kahn called the best 19 year old he´s ever seen. He has already started 33 games for Gladbach at age 19, only once conceded more than one goal. He helped turn the worst defense in Germany (over 3.0 goals per game) into the best (0.57 goals per game) and saved Gladbach from relegation.

23. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Best defensive record in Europe according to a recent article from Goal.com, I'm not sure how much credit is due to the keeper since I haven't watched them play once, but those are impressive figures non the less.

I'd say that Iker (currently at 30/31) has at least another half a decade of top tier performances.

24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Which team?

25. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club: