Must have Youth! Every transfer is a failure! Rumours / Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by raven3k, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Yes, the 10 million Euros was a real steal for them. :rolleyes: We can easily make a profit on him if we were to sell him this summer, but of course, it's much easier to make judgemental remarks and write the player off before he's even gotten a chance to contribute.

2. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Pepe --> T Silva

3. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hmm not sure I agree there.

Pepe is a great player but for me Thiago Silva is the better player of the two.

4. kubikula

kubikula Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Brno
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He isn't saying Pepe is better than Thiago Silva, he's saying Pepe implies Silva.

5. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    If Pepe used his brain on a regular basis he could be Thiago Silva :D

6. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    oh right my bad.

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maybe Silva uses his brain a lot which would be why he's a lot slower than Pepe. Think first - run later style.

8. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Replacing Pepe with Silva is about as laterall a move as you're going to get, save for the fact that we'll have to significantly overpay for Silva and we'll have to sell Pepe at a significant discount.

9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Never mind the team chemistry will go to sh*t, and the Ultras will sabotage the f*** out of Silva for every mistake after their recent marriage with Pepe. :D

10. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    40 ME for Silva, sell Pepe for 15-20 ME for a net cost of 25-30 ME for the better "Brazilian". I'd bet good money Mou would take that deal if it was offered although I thought I read Uncle Flo had a change of heart about selling Pepe anyway soz it wouldn't matter anyway.

11. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why would we replace Pepe with Silva when he is creating a formidable CB partnership with Ramos? Why disturb it? If aint broke...

12. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Silva is the better player, but I don't think we should go for him to replace Pepe. Why not partner them together? :p
    Ramos-Pepe pair has been really good, but I do think that a Ramos-Silva or a Pepe-Silva would be even better. Ramos can get back to his spot in RB (except when playing against the cules, he should never play there against them).

13. sneakking

sneakking Member+

Sep 11, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    did someone say pepe silvia?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VJS8dIla2I"]Pepe Silvia - YouTube[/ame]

14. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Now I wasn't too sure about moving Ramos to the centre back position permanently given his 'liabilities' at the right back position, but by now, I thought everyone would have been convinced of his qualities in his new position.

Not exaggerating here, I wouldn't swap any other CB on the planet for Ramos :cool:

15. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hell yeah man, Charlie Kelly all day! "There is no Pepe Silvia!"

16. Benz09

Benz09 Member

Apr 11, 2011
    With your mom
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I prefer Ronald McDonald ;)

17. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course. The Aluminum Monster ain't half-bad either. Gotta love that show.

18. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    30 ME to exchange Pepe for Silva and it's Pepe who doesn't use his brain? :p

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    She said David Luiz and Godin were at least as good as Pepe.

:D

20. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Let's be real I'd sell Pepe for a case of Mallomars and a couple of bottles Stella perfume if we could get Silva :D

21. plyka

plyka Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yes, it could possibly be one of the dumbest moves possible in world football.

22. Jagbir

Jagbir Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Probably worser than the departure of Makalele.

23. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Claude's departure was not the dumbest move in history. We suffered because we didn't replace him adequately.

The media (mostly English) made Claude's exit the symbol of Floro's philosophy of not caring about flashy players and because of that people to this day make it seem as if Makelele would have singlehandedly led us to CL glory.

24. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  25. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't see much of Lucas Moura(I assumed that he is a wing-forward), but we have too many players just liked him. Jese is also similiar, I believe. Is he an upgrade from Di Maria? He won't unseat Ronaldo. Callejon is a fan favorite and Jese will eventually become one too. It will be tough to fight for the backup places against two of the best Real Madrid homegrown players.

Our priorty is to find a backup for Ozil in the event that Kaka departs over the summer. Hamsik might do..... because he can share hair tips with Callejon.:)