Must have Youth! Every transfer is a failure! Rumours / Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by raven3k, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Here's our new sporting direction
    I like all your bashing but can you present some real solutions? Like player names.

If you know of any youth players that aren't in our academies then you should list them.

2. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think what he means is we should be giving more opportunities to our current youth players.

3. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look, again it's supposed to be the transfers and rumors thread. Please stay on topic.

4. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I noticed that some of the posters here had noticed Xherdan Shaqiri's qualities for Basel and the Swiss national team.

A possible move to Galatasaray seems to be on the cards, which is quite surprising since I thought a bigger team would be eager to snap him up.

Galatasaray in 10M swoop for Sahqiri?

5. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Is Pique also going to Turkey?

6. LosMerengues89

Jan 1, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  7. Jagbir

Jagbir Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Walcott went for £12M when he was 16. That's still a high price to pay. ^^

8. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  9. Epic Movements

Jan 14, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Interesting to see Man City buy someone that young. They bought all good players currently available so now they are going for youth?

10. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    They built made some VERY impressive youth facilities from what I've heard, and it seems they are trying to build a sustainable club rather than just a buying club, now that they have a rock solid first team. Doesn't surprise me they are going after some top youth talent.

11. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I've never heard of Pozo......

12. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Where did you see this?

13. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    It was speculated in the Spanish press before Christmas when reports broke that he had chosen City.

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Manchester City is a terrible choice for youth team player. Even the Italian clubs (Milan, Inter, Juve etc.) present a much better opportunity at a professional career than Manchester City.

Young players that move there only go because of the $ signs in their eyes, nothing more, nothing less.

15. Cyrudan

Cyrudan Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Recent years they've developed some decent players and have some pretty good talents running around. Like Guidetti who has scored 11 in 12 apps for Feyenoord or Denis Suárez. While not exactly Ajax academy standard it's better than most of the english teams.

They did pretty shitty in NextGen tho. 0 points in 6 matches and -11 GD.
    Speaking of which we'll appearently be joining the NextGen from the next season together with Chelsea and a bunch of other clubs. It'll be great for our talents if Castilla manages promotion and the U19 players will get to play against other talents around Europe.

16. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    I agree, I never said it is the place to go as a youth looking to develop into a world class player. All I said is they have made some impressive facilities and they are trying to become sustainable.

But tbh, even before their takeover they have had a decent amount of success developing players into the top flight, no world class players but it's not as if they started with nothing, got bought out, and are now starting from scratch with their youth system. Who knows, 20 years down the road they might have one of the best youth systems in the world. With the money they've got to invest in it (if they want to...) it would not surprise me.

17. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Gazzetta reporting that PSG has agreed with Ricardo but Florentino has rejected an offer of 25M.

18. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't believe Kaka would go through all this trouble to end up playing in France.

19. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    it's a good sum of money but I don't think Perez would sell him

20. Benz09

Benz09 Member

Apr 11, 2011
    With your mom
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kaka' ain't leaving till his contract ends. I have insiders telling me this, but don't quote me if he does leave.

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

That's a joke of an offer.

22. Cyrudan

Cyrudan Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Considering his age, constant injuries and huge wage I wouldn't mind if we sold him for €30mil.

23. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    "It is not true that I have made any agreement with another club," Kaka said on Twitter. "I am totally focused on following my personal and collective goals at Real Madrid."

24. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Nani to Real Madrid at the end of the season for 30 million...?

Nani and Ronaldo combo? Yesssss please!!!

25. Cyrudan

Cyrudan Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    no thanks