Rumor: Muppet Games: where muppets go to cry - 2012 summer transfer thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by cr7torossi, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    IF that dude is to believed, we'll have 3-4 in this summer.

2. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Some top midfielders from La Liga that were not mentioned.

Gabi @ Atletico Madrid, the 3 central midfielders for Bilbao [Herrera, De Marco, Martinez], Borja Valero,

johno repped this.
  3. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    We should do a pool on how many players we think are coming in this summer.

I'm on 3.

canandaigua repped this.
  4. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    Not including youth, I think 4

5. Poborsky

Poborsky Member

Also:
    Suarez at Atletico has looked handy in their Europa league run.
    Granero has potential and seems like a decent fit as the runner/passer next to Carrick when we play 2.
    Parejo at Valencia would be a cheap option, and he's an absolutely brilliant passer. Probably too soft for the Prem, but we'd play some fun possession stuff with him, Cleverley, Welbeck and Nani out there.

I have doubts about De Marcos as a CM. He's got a great mentality, but he's not quite the technical footballer that Martinez, Muniain, Susaeta and Llorente are. He would make sense as a 3rd man with Cleverley alongside of him and Carrick backing them up, in Europe. He's very similar to Park, actually. I think he'd end up in that role for us, playing more big games than smaller ones. A CL, rather than a PL player.

6. canandaigua

canandaigua Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Canandaigua, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think 3 is the max we will sign this summer. Would love to see (1) Cristian Eriksen/Iker Muniain, (2) Javi Martinez, and (3) Nathaniel Clyne.

7. WinningEleven

WinningEleven Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    3 is the max because I don't see SAF offloading Anderson. Last time, he spoke highly of him saying he hopes the injuries don't continue like it did with Michael Owen. I have a feeling SAF will give Anderson one more season.

Regarding Michael Owen, it would be best not to renew his deal but again, SAF spoke highly of him recently saying if it wasn't for his injuries and so on. SAF rates him. Unless he's just saying that because we can't afford anyone else. I reckon he gets another year especially if Berbatov leaves and Macheda goes on loan.

I can honestly see us getting only 3 players. A young full back (Clyne?), an attacking midfielder (Kagawa?) and the other is a mystery. Probably a wing forward who likes to roam in the centre.

8. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Still will be adding only squad players, think we need top quality.

9. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I am not keen on Oscar De Marcos, Herrera and Martinez are gem as well as Valero who is linked with Malaga.

10. LA. MAN UNITED

LA. MAN UNITED Member+

May 22, 2006
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are we counting the "going to be like a new signing" players too?

Invincible repped this.
  11. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hahaha no Fletcher/Anderson/Scholes are not eligible.

12. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Roy Keane to make a come back? Fergie did say that :p coinciding with a recently bumped thread.

13. LA. MAN UNITED

LA. MAN UNITED Member+

May 22, 2006
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dammit! Okay , then......2-3"mid-range" star players...... one that all of us muppets will fall in love with after 3 good Euro 2012 matches.....and once again , we fail at getting a player everybody wants signing...

14. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Manchester United FC, LAFC
    Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What about Giggs?

"Getting Giggsy to sign that contract extension is like having a new signing!"

Invincible repped this.
  15. googoo

googoo Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It seems that I just rate him a bit more then. He may not be that good of a defender but at this point he (and well, a whole set of other players) is an upgrade on Evra for me. I might be a bit biased against Evra here, but I just can't help it - some images of him casually jogging back from the halfway line while the opponent is exploiting all that space are completely imprinted on my mind.

Although beaten quite often, Baines would at least make the opposition work by not hiding or being miles away from action. That is an improvement for me, even if only a slight one.

I also think that the simple 'act' of being in position would help somewhat as our shape wouldn't be completely compromised from the get-go.

I do agree with you, though, that him not being an improvement (or in my opinion only a limited one) we shouldn't pay excessively for him should we opt for buying.

Salama made some good points too; what Evra has over Baines in pace and dribbling ability, Baines compensates with clever usage of the ball. And actual end product of course.

That is why I said 10m, especially in these times, would be a reasonable fee. Anything more than that, I'm not sure.

16. tim10

tim10 Member

May 23, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Merely pointing out a difference of opinion.

Either way, I like Fabio as much as anyone, but I reckon he needs a free run with injuries with lots of game time, possibly away from the limelight. I like Baines, and I just felt that he would add something to our squad. I don't think anyone would have an issue with this signing if it's a reasonable price and we also address other areas of the squad.

Anyway, let's call this a difference of opinion and move on, this is clearly draining other posters in this thread.

17. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  18. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    We have been tracking him for long and he said something on the lines of joining us in the future a season or so back, but I would take these option stories with a pinch of salt.

Having said that, much like Belgium in Europe, Chile is producing a golden generation of footballers for a small country.

19. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Belgium still havent done much with theirs so far though.

20. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Pfft "Golden Generation" I despise the word. 2004 Still haunts me

21. WinningEleven

WinningEleven Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Apparently the Daily Mail will say we're in for Moussa Dembele for £10m.

Unsure...

22. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Question is, will we play him as a forward, or a midfielder? Probably both.

What if we're really in for Dempsey...:p

23. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    For Portugal? Was that Ronaldo, Quaresma, Viana and..???

24. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    BigSoccer would explode if there was a selection choice between him and Hernandez :eek:

benni... and WinningEleven repped this.
  25. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    lol!!!

Figo, Rui Costa, Simao... bahahaha... Viana!?!?!?!