Rumor: Muppet Games: where muppets go to cry - 2012 summer transfer thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by cr7torossi, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    My guess if this isn't a load of shit is that given the wages being touted and the fact that he'd be moving to Russia and away from an elite European club and as such wanted to be paid quite handsomely.

But dollars to donuts, it is bullshit or old. Old as in, we thought we were signing Moura and we were moving Nani on.

2. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    there's a major nuance there. soccernet was not speculating about a deal being in the works for lucas moura. a deal was indeed accepted by sao paulo and negotiations were at an advanced stage with the player, lucas' agent even said so. it's not because the deal ultimately didn't happen that soccernet is full of s---. i can't really remember an example of soccernet making up transfer rumours of thin air honestly.

3. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Seriously? This stupidity is actually happening?

4. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    If Hulk was 60m from Zenit, do you think Nani would be 100?

5. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    100M rubles given it's us.

Bronaldo repped this.
  6. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    it's from twitter...what do you expect? we're in a thread called "Muppet Games - where muppets go to cry". figured everything was taken with a few grains until it is on the main site.

7. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    that makes it hard to believe. Zenit are owned by GAZPROM a huge oil company. given their recent outlay on Hulk and Witsel (neither of whom are near world class) whatever they claim Nani is asking for would mean little to them. even if he wanted £150k a week big deal. nothing to them. in fact their situation has them linked to the government, somewhat like Milan with Berlusconi so money is never an issue.

just hope to get his situation sorted out soon so we can keep him and move on

8. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    According to Zenit Nani wanted more than Hulk and the "Unreasonable Amount" was between 8-10mil Euros a year.

Even at the higher end of that 10million Euros a year is only about 150k GBP per week

9. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I saw that this morning on Twitter.

I'm a bit sad that we "seemingly" let his departure get that real. He is one of our best players and still has some room to grow, in my opinion anyway.

10. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    seems like something like this happens and then a few weeks from now there will be a new 3-year signed contract or something appear on the main site with Gill and Nani or Nani and SAF.

benni... repped this.
  11. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    honest question here: are we overrating nani? i think he is our most dangerous player with the ball at his feet but management seems fine with shopping him around and, most of all, other clubs don't seem to rate him that much either.

no one seems willing to give him E150 mil a week, which is what elite forwards make. zenit scoffed at giving him more than hulk and his transfer fees were much, much lower.

just trying to be objective here but it seems curious to me that nani is not generating any excitement from other clubs.

12. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    management has also been fine with not signing a midfeilder.

13. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1. We don't know that we've been shopping him around or what wages made who scoff at what.
    2. RvP went for 20M and we were the only real suitor.
    3. Nani is a winger, they're not terribly sexy right now.

14. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    this thread is taking a hiatus until January...

[​IMG]

JamesA, LA. MAN UNITED and Invincible repped this.