News: Mother of Exiles

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by jocasta, Aug 12, 2011.

1. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I was suprised when I looked at Russia's qualifiers match report to see Farid named as their coach.

2. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
  3. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    De Vanna has signed for the Newcastle Jets. And if you read far enough in the article announcing the signing, you're rewarded with another little bit of news: "Peters said the Jets had signed German international Ariane Hingst but had visa issues to work through."

4. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    That news really surprised me until I got that Jets is from then Aussie Newcastle not the English one .

5. welshfan

welshfan Member

Dec 4, 2005
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ariane Hingst, really? Wow!

6. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Am I remembering this wrong or is this the second Duisberg player that Popp's hugged that's gone off to another team?

7. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    What, Hingst? :eek: No, she has never played for Duisburg.

8. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never mind. I mixed up Oster with Hingst for some reason. Sorry.

9. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    She used to play for INAC in Japan a few years ago, when they won nothing. It was only last year that INAC picked up the contracts for Sawa, Kinga & Ohno, abandoned by their own club Beleza, and became Japan's #1 club.

10. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    So now you are NOT surprised ?

OK - this is the rivalry forum, right ? May I ask, anyone have a clue why these two super-stars would sign in pairs .....

Well, maybe, of course women super-stars are about as expensive as ikea furniture.

11. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    So which part of the "pair" belongs with Melissa Barbieri, who signed for the Jets the other day?

12. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Sure, but not very. An English team recruting a continetal European player would pretty much have been a first, Aussie dose that fairly regularly.

13. Flea2009

Flea2009 Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Kirkcaldy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I am thinking all the Aussie teams will be announcing their signings right about now, in singles, pairs and quadruplets because their season is gearing up to kick off.

14. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Anouk Hoogendjik at Bristol.

15. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  16. Samuel Vimes

Samuel Vimes Member

Jun 6, 2007
    If people are without things to do on Tuesday evening, RTV Oost will show and stream a top clash in the Dutch Eredivisie between holders Twente and Telstar, who bought the squad of three-time champions AZ. Eight Netherlands WNT players are expected to feature in the match.

http://www.rtvoost.nl/tv/live.aspx

17. welshfan

welshfan Member

Dec 4, 2005
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to womensoccer.de, her visa issues are now solved. She apparently signed for one year.

18. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
  19. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Nice video, very interesting to hear the coaching speech surprised they gave so much access to the camera.

20. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    At the end - is that a tiny "ring" (jewel) on Abilty's nose ??

Or maybe her acne is like mine.

21. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I will check on Saturday at the Wales v France game ;)

In other news the FA has named Hope Powell as team GB coach for the Olympics. 11 managers now thanks the FA as they have a bigger medal chance. :p About 20 players are now crying as their Olympics chance is gone as they are not one of Powell favorites :cool:

22. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Duisburg and neighbouring Dutch club Venlo have formalised their cooperation in a 7-point agreement which includes eg a regular exchange of players for practice (and even for league matches, but I'm not sure how that's going to work??), scouting, coaches visiting as observers, sponsor acquisition.

23. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    More like 13 managers, CONCACAF haven't played yet and there are three team that could get one of their two spots, CAF isn't finnished yet, Nigeria and Cameroon is still playing for one of two spots. :)

OFC haven't played yet either but only New Zeeland have any realistic chanse to win so that don't really matter.

24. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    I think we need a Euros thread. (And an Olympics thread, but for some reason I'm less interested in that. :cool:)

I'm watching the Wales-France qualifier here. With commentary in Welsh. If it wasn't for the occasional name of a French player which I recognise, I'd suspect the commentator was talking backwards. :confused: He also keeps talking about "dykes", but I'm sure I get that wrong. :p