News: Mother of Exiles

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by jocasta, Aug 12, 2011.

1. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Who is this girl ? Did she is the next mia hamm or michelle akers ?
    PSG just sold another french player , nora coton-pelagie 24 years old , former france u20.......so basicly they are pushing french players out and spending big money on internationals even if they are unproven :mad:
    I wonder who will be the next,some rumours says it could be laure boulleau to juvisy :eek:

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  2. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From what I gather, she was the no. 1 high school recruit and is the leading scorer for the U20 us team. She had a trial with Lyon last season and there are some indications she was offered a contract but turned it down at that time (I guess she was still planning to go to UNC then). I do remember she's scored on Solo in the Souders vs. Rush game and there was some praise of her play by Rapinoe. Don't know much else about her though.

3. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    She'd better be better than Marta.....

4. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hahaha. Marta would ask for a 7 figure salary. ;)

BTW, do you think PSG will manage to get Necib and / or Georges?

5. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I think they will recruit Georges , Lyon recruited another center back and Laura has been harshly criticized by her coach lately...so i think she will leave .
    Necib is the face of france football , if PSG wants to make things big immediately they gotta have her in their team, so it will be logical if they try to recruit her ....but i strongly doubt Aulas , the president of lyon, will let her go , first of all to not increase the strength of a direct rival and secondly because is a very proud man and he knows Lyon image will be damage if Louisa goes to Paris......anyway tout a un prix .....so i bet Louisa ones will be a number follow by six zero.

6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  7. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Unusual to bypass college, it's more a NBA style move ;) .

8. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    No idea nothing disclosed.Necib got a 4 year contract extension today, if that's any help...

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    PSG should just do a Man City, and go and buy the best players from Arsenal Ladies to speed up there superficial progression ;). Like the men, the Arsenal ladies have shown that they have elite level talent, but also a desire to jump ship at the first sign of a elite level professional pay check too :whistling:.

I'm all for the French ladies having better conditions, but for the sake of the national game, PSG should make sure they actually intend on having some kind of French identity in this seasons, and future seasons spending sprees.

11. welshfan

welshfan Member

Dec 4, 2005
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, it looks like PSG go all international, when Lyon will just keep on getting rid of the foreigners and go all French. I'm a bit doubtdul about either directions. PSG should keep a French identity as Batfink said, when Lyon shouldn't be closing doors to the best foreigners. It's a club team, not the national team. Not sure if fans want a franco-française team in Lyon. For the sake of beautiful game.
    As a Lyon fan,I have to admit that not offering Shirley Cruz an extension AND seing the club almost boasting about it is a bit hard to accept given her performances those past years.

Also, it's a bit sad to see that neither clubs will trust their youngsters this year again.

12. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Who needs the Olympics! Plenty of good women's football this summer. FC Twente in the Netherlands is organising a tournament in August:

17. August 2012:
    17.00 Uhr Paris Saint-Germain – Ajax
    20:00 Uhr FC Twente – VfL Wolfsburg

19. August 2012:12.00 Uhr VfL Wolfsburg – Paris Saint-Germain
    14:30 Uhr FC Twente – Ajax

More info

13. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    she had a good summer camp at OL last summer, but 6 figures is madness.

14. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it is madness, I guess that's why she & her parents took the money and ran...

15. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    lindsey adu!

16. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    heh. At 5'9" she's already bigger than he is ;)

17. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    I'm really glad she didn't come to Damallsvenskan, though. Her name would have created all sorts of problems.

JanBalk repped this.
  18. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    it just occurred to me that the announced 6 figures are possibly a) in $ and b) for the total length of the contact as is the custom in american sports.

and when mother horan says PSG is going to pay for her schooling, it's not over and above the contract, she's talking about the contract itself. as for letting her play the U-20 WWC that was a given. unlike US leagues, the schedules here don't interfere with int'l competitions.

2 links to french sites talking about the deal (the rush link doesn't work for me due to paywall; my second link will go the same road in a few days.):

http://www.une-deux.net/PSG-un-contrat-a-6-chiffres-pour-seduire-la-jeune-Lindsey-Horan_a1101.html

http://www.footofeminin.fr/D1-Lindsey-HORAN-Une-Americaine-prometteuse-au-PSG_a5073.html

19. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Most of the Arsenal player are not good enough individually except for 2 or 3.

20. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm surprised the Rush link doesn't work since it is a free site.

Thanks for the two French articles. I'm quite sure the vague "6 figure" amount quoted by USA sources is for the entire contract. Here we don't think of contracts in terms of per week salary but in either total of the contract or amount per year. The real key (and what most want to know) is the length of the contract. $33k each year for 3 years isn't going to make most people here think the contract changes the landscape -- a $167k each year for 3 years would.

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I was being slightly facetious in my original post when I mentioned Arsenal, but I was also definitely attempting to highlight the mad cap trolley dash style of these commodities backed, Oligarch run clubs too.

If PSG really wanted to buy another clubs identity though, to produce a quick turnaround for their women to find instant on field success, they would have headed directly to Germany to pick at the Whale like carcass of Duisburg. As we all know though, with Frankfurt, Wolfsburg, and Potsdam around, it's far too late for that to happen now any way :rolleyes:.

It's strange that as a league, WPS managed to high jack numerous top players from European competition, with little more than a lifestyle option, and a promise of professionalism, but PSG with all the loot of Midas, find themselves scratching around for U-20 American's, disgruntled Lyon cast offs, and rugged German defenders :confused:.

22. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i'm not sure international or french is a prime consideration in itself. PSG is going after internationals because they can't offer CL play to recruits and almost all french players of note either have that already, or if they move, have that high on their list of priorities. Lyon has only really deferred on cruz. the other internationals they've let go in the past left on their choice, or because in sporting terms they weren't cutting it or even coming close. rosana is a mixture of the two but she's not leaving because she's brazilian. contrarywise, lotta is not staying just because she's swedish.

as far as youth prospects are concerned, i'm given to understand that OL has some real gold nuggets coming up, but not so much in the reserves as in the U-19 and U-15 groups.

just as we were all agog about ben arfa and benzema at that age, all eyes now seem to be on eve perisset:

[​IMG]

front and center in this photo taken of the U-19 trip to abu dhabi, but she's only 17. a bit young to throw into the deep end of L1.

a gander at the french NT's of different ages is a clue too: in the U-21/20 NO fenottes, as you go down the line they start to make up a big part of the younger contingents.

23. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I guess a transfer fee is still a rare occurence in women's football, not sure it has happened more than 10 times in the whole history ( Schelin, Rapinoe, someone in Russia ?)
    Teams still sign free transfer mostly in women's football.

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's a great sign of the women's game becoming a more professional and developed scene, when you hear that 17 may be too young for most girls to expect to be able to play for a top club team in 2012.

Homare Sawa started playing for her senior national teams at the incredibly young age of 15 :eek:, but within her own career, any player seen to be doing anything like that now would be considered a freak.