News: Mother of Exiles

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by jocasta, Aug 12, 2011.

1. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    well, hoda's almost 34 anyway... but you just gotta totalrespect that woman. still gold-plated dynamite.

2. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The question is , they will never be selected by bini because he don't want them , or because some players don't want them ?........from what I know only Tonazzi omission is due to Bini's decision, Henry and Lattaf are two players with a big personality , their inclusion will change the team internal balance .......we could seriously end up like the guys.......not because Amandine and Hoda are bad girls , but, Lattaf is a vocal leader ,however, we already have Bompastor , and the two together couldn't match...i really don't think so.....Amandine's case is due to a serious problem between she and others girls in the team...particularly one.....her exclusion is more due to that than football reason, Bini is innocent lol....... I hope , like thousand french people who follows our team, that Henry's problem with the other girl will be resolve for the good of france football , however ,knowing the girls that will be not easy.

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So basically, people are thinking that Tonazzi's move to OL won't further her football career at all. She'll instead become back up for more prominent OL forwards, and has little to no chance of future national team call ups too....:unsure:.
    LOL, women irrationally hating other women, is always a funny thing to see and hear about in the real world, so I can imagine how much more this can be amplified in the inner workings of an elite international female sports team.

When you think that Henry came through the national team system, and grew up with a lot of the girls on the French team right now, you know that it's one of the older/senior girls who she's chosen to fall out with, and as the law of the wild shows us, you never pick a fight with the matriarch of the group ;).

4. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    well, they played together every day at la paillade for five seasons, transferred together to lyon where they were teammates for three more, plus seven seasons together on the EdF...

and both of them have voiced how lots of things are a lot healthier in men's football, where a difference of opinion is resolved with 10 seconds of fisticuffs instead of 10 years of backhanded bitchbiting. my guess is that these two would get along great! but they would need to be coached by a man, not a woman.

5. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    @ batfink:Tonazzi's case is already done because Bini just don't like her (as a player) he never really gave her a chance and he will be our coach at least untill the euro at this time tonazzi will be 32 years old.
    Her moove to OL is logical only to allow Lotta to breathe....i mean , last year Lyon had Sandrine Bretigny as the other natural CF ,however, Sandrine is not suited for their football , she is completely different to Schelin ......she is too small ......that is why Lyon tried to recruit Tonazzi last year , however, they failed and instead they recruited Amy Otaki.
    Laetitia is the perfect back up to Lotta , because she allows them to keep the same football tactic without losing offensive strenght.
    You got it right on Henry's case.
    @ guignol: Why they need to be coached by a man not a woman?
    I don't think problematic relations are easier to resolve in men's football.....don't you forget Knysna?

6. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    well, if i were sonia i'm sure i'd say because a man will not abet nor even countenance the backbitching that women loooove to get into...

but actually i was just making an (apparently too thickly veiled) dig at BB.

7. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
  8. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    "La Russe c'est un peu plus facile que le Japon." :D

9. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Obviously lol not sure about the language though, both hard to grasp.

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    France look really dynamic right now. Their passing movements, and individual touches, have produced a team playing capable of some great stuff. I know Romania aren't exactly anything to be scared of, and Russia still find themselves behind nations like Italy, but seeing France choosing to play really intricate football to get past these lesser opponents, say's a lot about the players confidence within Bini's system.

Plus am I wrong in thinking that Soubeyrand is out of the first team, and where is the smaller blonde girl at right back, that played at the WWC for the long time injured Franco?

11. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Soubeyrand is injured atm had a MRI couple of days ago and Lepailleur has been operated and is out for a long time.

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So is Soubeyrand out of Olympic contention then? I actually think France look better without her when they play matches where they look to dominate possession of the ball....:whistling:

The smaller blonde ;) Lepailleur had a great WC, but am I wrong in thinking that Franco would have been the first choice right back any way? Either way, the extra height and physical presence of Franco, will definitely be a welcomed component to the French defence, versus the cross and Wambach routine they'll no doubt face in their Olympic opener :rolleyes:.

Oh, and Abily's attempted chip which hit he post......classy :cool:.

13. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Soubeyrand is still there, still the captain. We don't know if she has small injury or if it is an important one. The team has an opened day for the supporters group "les elles des bleues" in Clairefontaine so I might ask some questions.

14. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    le pailleur i knew but soub not. what's she got?

edit: never mind!

15. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Shirley Cruz Traña from OL to PSG.

I'll need a new shirt. :cool:

16. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Rumour has it that Krahn is on her way to PSG. I haven't paid much attention, but the sheik seems to be on a shopping spree, so it wouldn't surprise me.

EDIT: I should have read the first unread first. Apparently not just a rumour. I feel a little like laughing. No idea why.

17. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    The picture which welshfan painted of Krahn and the little agile French forwards does lend itself to a certain humour. :p
    Duisburg are playing a training match against PSG some time in the next few weeks, and it seems they also did last year. So that's probably when Krahn caught their eye.
    ("Krahn" = "crane", if you leave out the "h". The building site variety, not the zoo variety.)

18. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Zoo variety? To me, they're "field variety". They make a hell of a noise. Interestingly enough, "crane" in Swedish is "trana".

guignol repped this.
  19. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Well, they will be colleagues soon. :D

20. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The double crane formation... Sounds like a strange martial arts form. (Perhaps the tactic they'll take against opponents?)

21. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Krahn to PSG is done , I've never been a fan of Annike and i think Paris should have recruited kelly gadea instead or linda bresonik , if they really wanted a bosch.......however ,it's great to see a french team other than lyon making things big .......But i'm still perplexed about PSG recruitment campaign , they want strenghten their team, good for the french league........but they are losing some top players and prospect too at the same time....... le garrec,thomas,soyer,bussaglia,blanc are all top players in her league and they 've been replaced only by krahn and cruz thus far......anyway how many foreigners a french team can have in his roster ?.......Juvisy and Lyon are the in the champions league so i don't think they will sell their players to PSG ,Montpellier is not but their president is a very proud man ,i don't think he will let his players go to paris easily .........One thing is sure with the arrive of krahn PSG have sent a big message to Lyon and the world of women football, they are ready to spend big .

22. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    shirley cruz had bee asked to take a salary cut for the second season in a row, and though fans here are furious to see her go (her performance in the final was extraordinary, but here ordinary is also very good) but the moment OL signed bussaglia the writing was on the wall.

necib may be next, and with this kind of statement from management boulleau who was rumored on the way to juvisy will likely stay, but it will take more than that to move PSG from the little sister role in the big four to the title. besides the players debzie mentioned sapowicz has retired and their two americans are going home. to date they've lost more than they've picked up.

23. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Not sure, but players from other EU countries are not counted as foreigners.

24. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. Flea2009

Flea2009 Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Kirkcaldy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic