News: Mother of Exiles

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by jocasta, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Given the state of large sections of the German squad, I think Neid should be asking Carlson if she'd consider making a come-back. Affeld still looked quite perky too.

And now to why I was really here: Swedish tabloid Expressen claims that Landström is about to sign for Djurgården. Looks like I might have to start behaving myself again in local bars.

2. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Maybe you should ask her what her preference is? For all we know, she might have developed a taste for Äppelwoi during her stay in Frankfurt.

[​IMG]

3. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    womensoccer.de has interviewed Eli Landsem. She says she's not happy with where her team stands in the Euro qualifications. Injuries are one problem, but those injuries are mostly caused by players trying to combine full-time work or studies with football, and there is not enough time to properly focus on football or adapt training to individual needs. She now got the money from the Norwegian sports federation for up to 15 scholarships to award to players who are willing to reduce their work or study loads and focus more professionally on football. She has also changed almost all her coaching team.

Well, then. Bulgaria, Norwegian's opponent on Saturday, beware!

4. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Oh... the world cup of military women's football (or whatever it's called :confused:) will be held in Germany this summer. Too bad that I'll be at the wrong end of the country at the time. :rolleyes:

5. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    - "So where did you go on holiday this year?"
    - "Freckenhorst."

My workmates already think I'm nuts.

6. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    (What?! We don't have a Euro qualifyier thread? Shocking.)

I'm on my fourth Euro qualifier of the day, so I may be extra sensitive... But my goodness, these French commentators are excitable :eek:. I keep thinking someone's scored when they've actually just managed to successfully tie their bootlaces :rolleyes:.

7. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Alexandre Delperrier the tv guy is quite lairy for sure. I came across him during the Cyprus Cup as the tv crew were in the hotel with the players and this guy is reasonable. He only becomes crazy when on the microphone on tv.:mad:

8. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Any news on this? (Hasn't the Swedish transfer window now closed?)
    Tonight Landström tweeted, in German, a cryptic "Ein Spatz in der Hand ist besser als eine Taube auf dem Dache." It's all about the relative value of sparrows in your hand and pigeons on the roof, but it might well mean "Getting playing time in Djurgården is better than sitting on the bench in Frankfurt." :confused:

9. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    And the Landström signing is now official, though the Sparrows don't seem to know when she'll actually be joining them. Just a small detail, apparently.

10. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    No contract extension for either Leni Larsen Kaurin or Martina Moser in Wolfsburg. Leni doesn't get one, Mosi doesn't want one (and, my guess, possibly vice versa). So where may they end up?

11. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
  12. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Exiled on foreign shores for a bit longer: Frankfurt won't let Landström go before the end of her contract, ie the end of the German season. They don't have an oversupply of forwards, they say, so they can't let her go immediately.

And Thunis? :confused:

13. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    ¨
    The Evil Empire doesn't like losing its minions, it seems. I can't really see this as being good PR for Frankfurt when they go on international recruiting campaigns: "Join Frankfurt and fail to see the world (because you'll play so little that the national team coach won't look at you twice)".

14. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
  15. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Kelly Smith kicked a ball for a video shoot, is now out injured for two months and may miss the Olympics. :rolleyes:

The full story here.

16. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well if Hope Powell selects the right players, her potential absence won't be a problem...

17. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who is this? The colors look like the German WNT but I dunno enough about them to guess who it is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And the remaining two:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    The quality of the pics was so poor that my first thought was Aylin Yaren, but she hasn't been in a German national team outift for quite a few years now (she seems to have chosen to play for Turkey instead). [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25ML24Akfig"]Fussballartistin/Freestyle Girl - Aylin Yaren stellt sich vor (FUSSBALLMARKT) - YouTube[/ame]

Next guess was Jenny Marzipan. Tada!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTRU...DvjVQa1PpcFOPZMGc-OPLRSiAqp7VF04fuhoK97LCLH8=

20. RagingBull

RagingBull Member

Oct 29, 2009
    It is Dzsenifer Marozsan. Here's the video:

http://tv.dfb.de/index.php?view=4314

21. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the answers Smulan and RagingBull!

22. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Melissa Wiik out with an ACL injury for the rest of the (still young) season, says fansoccer.de. And Linda Sällström, too, if I read the resurrected damfootball.com correctly.

"Off to kneehab", says Ali Krieger. :rolleyes:

23. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Speaking of ACL one of the Arsenal girl U19 international Kirsty Linnett was coming back from one last month and got another one last week :(
    Another 9 to 10 months rehab. Gutting, a girl with a big potential and such a friendly person.

24. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Three of four participants of this year's U17 Euros (26-29 June) are now known: France, Germany and Switzerland! :)

The fourth one will be Sweden, Denmark, Finland or the Netherlands. I don't believe that Switzerland will get very far, but being among the best four is a great success. And Germany have already eliminated last year's winners, Spain.

25. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    France v Switzerland in the first semi-final.