News: Montreal in need of New Head Coach

Discussion in 'Montreal Impact' started by Copes, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Copes

Copes Member

Aug 30, 2012
    St. John's, Newfoundland
    Club:
    Torino FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I'm not complaining, I'm simply saying I hope that a variety of candidates, DPs, etc. are being considered, and these guys are being chosen because they are the best options. I agree that it makes sense, and I really have no complaints so far. I just hope that choosing a new head coach was more than a matter of sitting down with a few guys during the Italian tour and picking someone. The world of soccer is wider than that.

2. MTL_Club

MTL_Club Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Oh well....

Joey Saputo@JoeySaputo
    I can't help but laugh when so called experts talk about our next coach. All I can say is that you guys are way off! You know who you are

3. Campoozmstnz

Campoozmstnz Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    It wouldn't surprise me that the "experts" were right in the end..

4. caton

caton New Member

Nov 23, 2009
    If the owners want Impact to continue playing defensive athletic kind of soccer as under Marsh, if so than thay have assistent Hamlet who when he coached Chicago , Fire was playing extramally defensive and boring kind of soccer, but they advenced to MLS cup final. Now I hear that they want to hire Italian coach, it would be a big mistake. Bicause foraign coach do not know MLS and MLS players pool available, so he will do bad players selaction, simillar like Winter in Toronto. Winter failed not because he is a bad coach but because he did not know the players pool available so he made bad players choices. Remember this is not coach who is playing but players! Besides that Italian coaches are famous for coaching the most defensive soccer in the world " catenacio" and this can be done by Hamlett . The coach should be smebody who already was coaching ofensive biutiful soccer in MLS , Nowak is available or a former high class ofensive player from latin countries ( no Italy) who played resently in MLS Guillermo Schelotto ( former ofensive playmaker in Boca Juniors ) , Christian Gomes ( he did ofensive playmaking in D.C. United under Nowak) . In ordwer to improve the syle of play MLS have to employ as a head coaches former ofensive playmakers who know how to play Latin style.

5. MTL_Club

MTL_Club Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
  6. claw hammer

claw hammer Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    He has considerable experience, even managing national teams ... Only thing, in 17 yrs he's managed at 11 clubs! How common is that .. maybe it is common, I dunno. Probably speaks French, German AND Italian. Ha

7. MTL_Club

MTL_Club Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/news/2012/12/impact-meeting-candidates

Good to hear they seem to have some serious candidates. I was getting worried we would go into the season without a new coach.

8. MTL_Club

MTL_Club Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Joey Saputo@JoeySaputo
    Quelle semaine! Nous avons interviewé 5 excellents candidats en 5 jours. Interviewed 5 top candidates in 5 days. What a week!

9. fuzzx

fuzzx Member+

Feb 4, 2012
    Brossard
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    A few days old, but for the record we are now down to 2 coaches.

the three that were dropped were: Murat Yakin, Philippe Perret & Davide Morandi

10. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New Man In Charge
    [​IMG]
    Impact name Swiss veteran Marco Schallibaum as new manager
    The Montreal Impact on Monday announced Marco Schallibaum as the new head coach of the club.

The 50-year-old is a veteran of the Swiss Super League, where he played from 1980 to 1995, and where he managed for nearly a decade with several clubs, including FC Basel, BSC Young Boys, and FC Sion, among others. He recently served as a FIFA coaching instructor in Qatar, Mongolia and South Korea, and speaks four languages, including French, English and Italian.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...-impact-name-marco-schallibaum-new-head-coach

11. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Marco Schällibaum announces his coaching staff
    [​IMG]
    Biello, Eullaffroy and Dahha will team up with new coach
    MONTREAL – The Montreal Impact and Marco Schallibaum announced on Tuesday the names of the coaching staff at a press conference introducing the newly hired head coach.

Impact assistant coach Mauro Biello reprises his role with the club, along with fitness coach Paolo Pacione, who joined the team in 2012 at season’s end.
    WATCH: Schällibaum announces coaching staff (http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/news/2013/01/schällibaum-i-am-ready-fight-club)

http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/news/2013/01/marco-schallibaum-announces-his-coaching-staff