Montreal Away Tickets

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Empire Supporters Club, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Empire Supporters Club

Feb 7, 2000
    NYC
    Tickets for the May 19 game in Montreal are on sale now. Cost is $16. You can pay at the link below or at El Pastor before/after any home game. Sale ends on May 10th. We are only selling tickets, there will be no bus for this trip. Tickets will not be mailed. We will hand them out on game day:

Paypal link can be found on the ESC page:

http://www.empiresupportersclub.com/2012/04/25/montreal-away-tickets/

2. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    how does one get to Montreal, i checked airline tickets and is cheaper to fly to London

3. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    You can drive - it takes 6 to 6 1/2 hours to reach Montreal from RBA.

You can also take the Amtrak Adirondack train. roundtrip ticket from NY Penn is $133 (Sat/Sun travel), but you may miss the beginning of the match if you travel up there on Saturday as the scheduled arrival time is 7:10PM (about an 11 hour ride). However, the papers/passport check at the Canada border can delay the train well past the scheduled arrival time. Once you arrive in Montreal you can then take the Metro from Central Station (where the train arrives) to Saputo Stadium. Take the Green line from McGill to Viau Station.

Biggest problem is actually getting into Canada. You'll need to have a passport and you risk the possibility of being refused entry if you've ever been arrested, even if you weren't convicted, the charges were dropped, mistaken identity, etc. Canadian Border officials can also hold you up for hours for no logical reason before they let you in because they are Nazis who love to harass Americans. My last experience getting into Canada was so miserable that I have no desire to visit that boring, desolate country ever again, even though I did eventually get in. It was easier for me to visit Soviet Russia in the 80s than it is to get into Canada these days. I recommend watching the match from the comfort of home.

4. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Cheaper to fly to London? I wish.