News: Monday, Nov 12, 2012

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by Fiosfan, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Fiosfan

Fiosfan Red Card

Mar 21, 2010
    Nevada
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Galaxy buries Sounders in first leg of Western Conference finals, 3-0
    The Seattle Times
    Galaxy beats Sounders, 3-0, to take control of playoff series
    LA Times
    David Beckham's boys gorge on hotdogs, pizza and goals as Daddy delivers LA ...
    Daily Mail
    Ives Drops A Bomb Shell
    once a metro
    Boswell uses his head to give Dynamo a leg up
    houston chronicle

Houston Dynamo 3, D.C. United 1
    Washington Post
    MLS playoffs: DC United loses to Houston Dynamo, 3-1, in first leg of Eastern Conference finals
    Washington Post

Mucky repped this.
  2. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't realize Donovan and Keane fathered Beck's kids. Congrats.

INKRO and TrickHog repped this.
  3. Fiosfan

Fiosfan Red Card

Mar 21, 2010
    Nevada
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    You might have a long wait because it certainly isn't happening this year.

5. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mucky repped this.
  6. Mucky

Mucky Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Manchester England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    "As an example, resigning someone like Hendry Thomas from Wigan, 27 years old, been a captain for Honduras in the World Cup and Olympics, that’s the kind of player we want because not only does he come in right away and do a fantastic job, he wants to be on this side of hemisphere to get back in the national team. At the same time, he still may have value that we can move on and then increase our opportunity to build our foothold and funds for our soccer operation group because one of the things we’re not doing yet- we’re not in the game of moving on and selling players."

"it makes perfect sense to get into the game of developing home-grown players. The next step is investing in players that not only do a job today, but become assets that allow us to move them on at some point. It’s OK to be a development league, that’s where we are in the world. If we can develop fantastic players and move them to Europe, we can benefit from that and continue to identify more players and make the Colorado Rapids better. We need to get into that business."

Probably not what most MLS fans want to hear.

7. Etienne_72772

Etienne_72772 Member+

Oct 14, 1999
    Does any fan really not think we AREN'T a development league? If you aren't one of the top leagues in the world, then you are either a retirement league or a development league (or both). Right now we are a little bit of both - probably more development than retirement. It's going to be a long time before we are anything but one of those leagues - in other words, one of the top destination leagues in the world. I may not even see it in my lifetime, but I sure hope I do.

8. Ironkick14

Ironkick14 Member+

Sep 29, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am perfectly happy if we turn into a successful development league. I never expect us to be the EPL, but being Eridivisie level with similar talent exports would make the league extremely respected.