Mobcast Cup (International Women's Club Championship 2012)

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by blissett, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012

In the year 2478 we might beam teams from Frankfurt to Kobe and Portland to Pretoria to play in a Global League. Unfortunately....we might just miss the games,cause father time doesnt like unpunctuality:p

2. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I definitely need some of your bat juice to understand your post! All I'm saying is that the NWSL done a pretty good of balancing their league. KC is on top of the standings with a 11-4-5 record, and who's biggest win was 3-0. Take a look at, lets say Lyon, who went something 30-0 in the French league with one win. 16-0, and thrice wins by scores of 13-0, and I think it's fair to say that something'a up in Gotham City!
    You might say that's a by product of Lyon's phenominal youth development, or it just could be that they nut just gobbled up & enrolled just about every top young French prospect they vould of their hands on, but also buy several of the best international players as well.
    Not to be outdone, Sweden's Tyreso club got an international superstar front line of Marta, Press & Bouquete. Postdam got Annorma, Ogimi & Hegerberg....... and not to be contend with winning the Champions league with it's former lineup, Wolfberg, just hired Fisher.
    It seems that $$$ talks with no restrictions or prize caps in Europe in men's as well as women's soccer. Which is fine if you like seeing scores of 16-0. To each his own I say! it's just here in the US we sorta enjoy more closely knit games.

PS or are u just sayin; euros can't have balanced leagues the cuz rich man , poor man club owners, all ready in place for decades???

3. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, they don't have Ogimi no more, ask to Chelsea fans (like me :p)

4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    People, can we try to keep it quite on-topic? This thread is not about assessing who's going to win the NWSL and it's only marginally about who's best between US and Europe in terms of clubs. Yes, it is somehow abouth that, because after all we're talking about a sorta, wannabe World Cup for women's clubs and so it makes sense that some rivalry between the best women's clubs in the world dribbles here, but please, try to always keep an eye to the real "focus" here: the Mobcast Cup.
    Will there be a Mobcast Cup 2013? Should there be a Mobacast Club 2013? Which clubs are likely to take part? Or which ones it would be beneficial to women's football if they'd take part? Or which ones you'd wish could take part? Who's likely to win with last year's formula? And with another formula and more invitations? Will Wolsfburg accept the invitation? Or will they decline and maybe OL will come again? Could still this claim to be a kinda World Cup and a preparation for a FIFA-supported competition if WCL's winner club should decline?

All of the above (and more!) are legitimate subjects of discussion here. You can even go out on a tangent a little about club's bragging and rivalry, and it would still be somehow on topic, but please, in doing it, remember the name of the thread... ;)

5. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Just to be a little more precise, in the 2012-13 French League (D1), Lyon's record is 22-0-0, with 132 goals scored and 5 taken, which is - I agree -pretty ridiculous.
    The 16-0 win was in French Cup against a D3 team, and there was one 13-0, and one 13-1 win in the League (with numerous 7-0, 8-0, 9-0...).
    French league is an exception. There is not such a domination with such ludicrous scores in Bundesliga or in Damallsvenskan. Frankfurt has been building a super-team with plenty of internationals for some years. For which result ? None.
    But, all the same, I think that the US system to share the best national players (internationals) amongst the various teams is a good idea... but rather impossible to imagine in Europe.

KAPIJXM repped this.
  6. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Sorry, I answered before I saw your - wise - post :p

So, to be forgiven, I'll try to give my personal answers to your questions :

- Will there be a Mobcast Cup 2013? I think so.
    - Should there be a Mobacast Club 2013? Yes, the first edition was a success. But PLEASE, stop calling it the "Club World Cup". So far, there is nothing to do with such a thing, even if we can see it as a first step to it. Actually, this denomination (WC) is only used in France. Just guess know why ! ;)
    - Which clubs are likely to take part? All depends if it's still the mobcast cup, that is a simple international tournament, or if it turns itself into a second step to a real WC. In the first case, it's up to JFA to invite who they want. In second case, I would say : Japan champion (Asian CL winner would be best), European CL winner, NWSL winner, Australian winner, South-American CL winner. Ideally, the best African team.
    - Or which ones it would be beneficial to women's football if they'd take part? The question is ambiguous. How to know before what will make a difference between WF's interest and the team's personal interest ?
    - Or which ones you'd wish could take part? See above (that is INAC Kobe, Wolfsburg, US champion, Canberra + S-A team + African team).
    - Who's likely to win with last year's formula? I broke my crystal ball ;)
    - And with another formula and more invitations? 6 teams, with two groups of 3, and rankings matches (as in Algarve or Cyprus Cups). I see no reason to have two Japanese or two European teams (even if it goes against my personal interest).
    - Will Wolsfburg accept the invitation? I hope they'll do.
    - Or will they decline and maybe OL will come again? I think that Jean-Michel Aulas will do everything possible to convince his German friends that it would be a bad idea for Wolfsburg to go to Japan at this period of the year :p If they don't, Lyon of course should go...
    - Could still this claim to be a kinda World Cup and a preparation for a FIFA-supported competition if WCL's winner club should decline? In no way. That would only be an international tournament... as it was already last year (see above).

KAPIJXM and blissett repped this.
  7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Even Nadeshiko L-League, despite INAC Kobe Leonessa's dominance last season (with a 17-1-0 record), is less lopsided than it can seem: there were just a few results like 9-2 or such and just vs teams that would eventually be relegated in Challenge League (second division).

8. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    ...how would you even find an African team to invite?

I mean, ideally, a CWC would take the champions of each Confederation.
    Most federations don't have their own club championship, but other proposed invitees are understandable:
    --Japan (AFC) is the host
    --Australia, though no longer in the OFC, is the only major league in the region.
    --Likewise NWSL is the only major league in N.Amer.

But AFAIK Africa has no multi-national club competition despite having several viable national leagues (Algeria, Egypt, Kenya, & Nigeria to name a few)

9. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    ... that's the question. That's why I wrote : "ideally" ;)

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    hotjam2 I think blisset said it best really with "People, can we try to keep it quite on-topic?", but as I was getting a bit annoyed with watching another international thread potentially being taken down the next dark alley of NSWLALAL, blah blah Merica's the best, knee pads necessary levels of off topic verbal fellatio....:rolleyes:, I couldn't help but react badly; so I'll apologise, sorry.

If you want to take this Euro Prince and the Pauper sports landscape topic to the Frauen-Bundessliga thread though...?

11. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No apologies needed! The Mobcast Cup is supposed to be a competetition between the best clubs from each continent. So every team will have to defend not only it's club. but league , country, continent & whole way of life as well............at least in theory! So don't think anybody's been really off subject. But I can understand that us big bad yanks have tendencies to rub it in that we're currently #1.........and for that I do apologize!

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    kenny-powers-american-flag-fuck-you.gif ...Why does it feel like this, every time U.S.wnt fans find their way to the other areas of the BS women's section...? You know, the other places where so few of us actually care to even mention their precious teams name, lol.

Oh, and the apology wasn't for you, it was for everybody else that had to witness me take the obvious bait so foolishly...;)

JanBalk, MarlandRules, blissett and 2 others repped this.
  13. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid

well as Hardy said to Laurel............this is another mess you gotten me into!

14. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #164 KAPIJXM, Aug 15, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
    Good news are coming:

JFA announces this year's Mobcast Cup (IWCC) is competed by 5 clubs from Nov. 30 to Dec. 8. The 5 teams are 2 from Japan, 1 each from Europe, South America and Asia (other than Japan). The 2 from Japan are the winner of Nadeshiko League 2013 and Nadeshiko League Cup 2013. In case both titles are won by a same club, the runner-up of Nadeshiko League will be the second represenattive.

....Huge disappointment NWSL is not sending. However, many of its star players may be playing in Europe in November/December.

The exact schedule is:

11/30: Japan's second vs. Asian representative

12/4: Winner of 11/30 vs. European representative
    12/4: Japan's first vs. South American representative
    12/7: Third-place match by the losers of 12/4
    12/8: Final by the winners of 12/4

Thanks to Ken Suzuki of WSU for the informartion.

NOW THE 2013 MOBCAST CUP THREAD CAN MAKE IT ALREADY :D

blissett, Gromit06 and SiberianThunderT repped this.
  15. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    With only one European representative, though, I doubt there will be many NWSL stars involved, unless Lyon or Wolfsburg sign a glut of US internationals.

16. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Yes, it would have been logical to have the future NWSL champion. And that would be logical too to have Wolfsburg as the European representing team.

17. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Well unless Tyresö is the European team :)
    But seriously I can see no reason they should be with only one UEFA team.

18. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Well, if we want to go to a real Club WC, it should be normal to see only one team per continent or "semi-continent" (America being divided between North and Central America on one side, and South American on the other). The abnormality is to have 3 Asian teams, including two Japanese. But we are not at a WC stage yet, and in order to popularize it locally, it appears normal then to have two Nadeshiko teams, since it is the mobcast cup ONLY, that is an internbational friendly tournament, and nothing else so far.

I think that, as soon as the current mobcast turns into a real WC - if it happens -, three things should be applied :

1) not to play it every year in Japan, but play it each year on a different continent. Will it be a WORLD cup or not ?

2) having ONE team per continent and that is all, the one who has won its Continental Champion's League. Hence, the need to create CL where they don't exist yet.

3) NO special privilege for UEFA teams. STOP Euro-centrism. Do we want to see Women's Football becoming really universal or not, as soon as possible ? This won't be possible, if elitism is always privileged, bceause the gap between the best ones and the others will never be filled.

KAPIJXM repped this.
  19. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Since you are writting about what is needed for the current Mobcast Cup turns into a real WC please enlight me of the special privilege for UEFA teams in it you find so appealing in the current Mobcast Cup that you consider it one of the three main ponits that it need to change.

20. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    It's not that the current format favors European teams - but if it's to become a CWC, they shouldn't be given future favor. Hence no double-up from any continent (save hosts, though it should be just one host team, not two like currently).
    (PS - new 2013 thread has been created)

Gromit06 repped this.
  21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    These are great news indeed!!! Thanks, KAP! :thumbsup:

This is in fact the big let down... :(
    But let's see the positive: the involvment of a South American club is a big step ahead from last year!!! :)

And even if the "three Asian teams" thing could seem like a negative at the moment, it could somehow pave the way for a "sorta" Asian CL. You'll notice that the other Asian team has anyway to play a sort of "preliminary round" with Japanese runner-up... What if this "preliminary round" would slowly (even "very" slowly) transform into a sort of Asian (or, at least, East Asian) Champions' League? Well, yes, this would require, in the end, renouncing to the "privilege" of the Japanese Champion team being automatically qualified for the competition, because, at the end of the process, this team would have to take part to the "Sort of Asian CL" to qualify, but this could be the final step, when meanwhile the Mobcast Cup has grown up enough to actually become a FIFA supported tournament, and thus not necessarily always taking place in Japan (as Gromit06 noticed).

So I guess that somehow even the fact that the tournament is "crowded" with Asian invitations coul turn into a positive step ahead, if it starts founding the concept of an Asian CL, by stimulating interest for the Mobcast Cup competition in other Asian countries...

Yes, actually I find quite silly that we keep posting in the Mobcast 2012 thread; but on the other hand I'd like all of the new posts of the last weeks to migrate in the new thread, as a reference for the discussion there. Although I know we are in the middle of a complicated upgrade, wouldn't it be possible to ask a mod to help us to do that? Does anyone know how we could do it? :unsure:

KAPIJXM repped this.
  22. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille