Mobcast Cup (International Women's Club Championship 2012)

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by blissett, Oct 18, 2012.

1. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    guignol and shlj repped this.
  2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Good match, I guess INAC is playing slightly better than OL.

For sure not the easy cruising OL are used to... :giggle:

3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Half Time and 1-0 for INAC (I guess well-deserved :giggle:).

Ji So-Yun scored at about 37'.

OL doesn't seem quite used to fight teams on its same level... :rolleyes:

4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    FINAL RESULT: OL-INAC 2-1 (37' Ji So-Yun, 80' Franco, in extra-time 103' Bompastor from PK)

I am understandably disappointed, because INAC dominated the game for large periods of time, so I probably won't have the spirit to comment much more that that... :(

5. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    well, my italian friend, don't be sad, this is a huge step in japanese football improvement, if they still working one day L-League could be a world class league, I'm sure of that.

By the way, the australians weren't that bad after all :p

SiberianThunderT repped this.
  6. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    lemon is now frombar (it used to be fromsport) but the old url autoredirects. i've found that in general the links there don't start until kickoff or a few minutes before. don't forget that radio clash on pirate satellite is not kosher for passover. did bonnie and clyde, or jacques mesrine, go into banks and call out "this is a stickup, but first i'm gonna hang out over here and read the paper for half an hour or so"? they did not.

but do remember that sharing content is done at your own discretion and responsability, and the TOS at BS must be read upon signup. open you world, but enjoy responsibly.

7. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    We played a great match. We were able to surpass our bad 1st HT and to score a well-deserved goal. Then we completely dominated the extra time and avoided the dreadful penalties.
    How gratifying to think that your team is probably the best in the world :)
    Kobe was really a strong team with firm Japanese football basis: technique and teamwork. I think we were physically better.

Renard, what a CB she is :inlove:

8. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i woke up at 9am... but went right back to sleep until 10h30. such is my weekend wont.

so i only saw the last half hour of regular time and the prolongations, and on that i think OL deserved their victory. they had all the best chances and a lot more juice at the end. the penalty didn't get a replay but it didn't look at all iffy to me, and the defender didn't complain.

INAC was very fast on the counter, but never with enough bodies to make those overdangerous. i saw the korean girl's goal though, from an attaque placée, and since INAC had the possession advantage even over 110' the first hour must have looked considerably different.

this was the closest i've ever seen a women's match get to looking like the men's game. really good stuff.

the emphasis of the post-match interviews was on how well organized the tournament was, how welcome they felt in japan, and that japan being world champion is both deserved and logical based on what they saw in the country.

blissett repped this.
  9. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    her new 'do rocks as well.

if the voting was serious, and not a seriously demented circus, she'd be ballon d'or. dans un fauteuil.

just like marcel desailly was the best player in the world for 3-4 years and never even got shortlisted.

10. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Why Renard and not Kumagai? (for example)

11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, I swear it was, Guignol. INAC totally controlled the game in first half and beyond, and had at least two crystal clear chances to seal the match (although admittedly OL too had other chances to score before the equalizer).
    Since the match was "relatively" early here in Europe, I keep meeting people on the boards who only watched the last part of the match, and so they obviously think OL deserved the win, but considering the whole match I am not so sure: it was really really close... :(

For sure it was a great match, very close, with a lot of chances despite the score isn't so high, and I agree that it had nothing to envy to a men's match.
    It clearly showed that INAC is at the same level of the best teams in Europe. It's so sad that, like earlier this year with Arsenal and Barcelona, they never get to maintain the lead, when they score, and always take the equalizer. :(

12. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    very clearly.

this is hard to understand since neither of these teams, especially not barca, are at the level of what we saw today.

13. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well not really surprising as they went to Barcelona as a treat for wining their first league title. They had a few days of training before the match after they came back from off season break...

14. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    A very entertaining game with INAC pressurising Lyon in the first 55/60 minutes with quality passing but also defensive pressure. Lyon was only winning the ball back in their half after long sequences of chasing it. Then in my view INAC started to tire and Lyon found space between the Japanese lines and also played a lot higher on the pitch, won the ball higher and made attacking substitutions. And it ended up attack v defense when Lyon was chasing for the equalizer with holes everywhere on the pitch and INAC with good chances to close the game. And an equlaizer from Cocotte and a winnning penalty in extra time. A very close game and very intertaining, a very high level of football.

15. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The score followed the stream of the game to me.

16. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Great match indeed. INAC clearly dominated for a good hour and it was marvellous to see it combining with such a pace and technique. In first half, Lyon was totally overpowered. Abily, Henry and Necib were inexistant. Only Thomis was at the level, Schelin and Le Sommer being invisible too. Sawa was reigning on the field like a Queen.

In second half, and particularly after the hour, Lyon woke up. First, thanks to the changes. Dickenman and Tonazzi bringing much more than le Sommer and Henry. The latter was extremely lucky because she would have deserved to be booked twice for very hard tackles not sanctioned. Franco did a very good enter too.

After the 60th minute, Lyon played much more physically and even committed several fouls which were not sanctioned. At the end, I would say that both teams could have won this match. I found INAC Kobe more elegant in its way of playing but its my liking for this kind of football which is speaking.

The player of the match for me should have been Sarah Bouhaddi who saved Lyon several times with great class. Renard of course was excellent too. Remember how she was so clumsy and, well, let's say it, not good at all, only a year ago at the WC in Germany ? Amazing how she had been improving since then ! Renard-Kumagai would be the ideal CD !
    Laura Georges was good too, a bit too physical sometimes. Sonia was a disappointment as well as Henry, as I already said (I'm not paid by Bini ! ;)).
    Louisa, more than discreet in first half, was much better in second. But even she committed several "physical fouls" ! Yes, Louisa ! Can you imagine ? :D

Kaihori did some great saves, Kinga was really good, I won't repeat myself about Sawa. Ohno was not in her best day but Nahomi Kawazumi was a constant danger for Lyon's defense, more than Goebel-Yanez.

I felt disapoointed by learning there were "only" 4,000 people in attendance. I was expecting more.

17. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    paradoxical that the team that was chasing the ball was the one that had more juuice at the end. you expect the opposite and it's a reinforcement of my belief that one of OL's big advantages is always superior physical conditioning. against rodez it's natural, against INAC more surprising.

subs also good, that's another big plus for OL at all times as well.

louisa has been getting very well "stuck in" for about a season a half now.

the attendance i heard was 15,000. not so?

very entertaining, very high level as you say. the one match i would show to someone to convince them women's game is the real thing, even before any USWNT match.

blissett repped this.
  18. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Which ones are in this pic? I only recognize: Otaki, Dickenmann, Georges, Renard, Bussaglia, Thomis... Who's the gk and the 2 in the back?

e: Oh 3 in the back... I think I see Tonazzi's hair.

19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The GK is Sarah Bouhaddi (also french national); between Georges and Renard, in first row, you also have Schelin, beyond the ones you named. In the back there are Nécib, Tonazzi and Abily, but frankly I am not sure if I would have been able to recognize them if I haven't watched also a video from another point of view, probably made by a Japanese fan, that was put by Virany on her site.

20. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh! A video! Cool. Thanks. :)

21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    By the way: during the video, you can hear Bompastor being interviewed (in French, with subsequent translation, by Japanese TV); Franco is waiting in line to also be interviewed, as one of the scorers (Japanese TV has the habit of interviewing mainly the scorers of a match), and can be seen at about 1':07'/1':10', while at about 1':52", when Bompastor's interview is finished, you can hear Japanese journalist Kei Matsubara present Franco to the audience for her interview.
    Now things become interesting... :sneaky: At about 2'00", when Franco's interview already started, Camille Abily seems to suddenly have an idea: she throws away her jacket, grabs something that was on the ground and takes a run towards the interviews' area... Oh, what did she grab on the ground, you say? A water bottle... :sneaky:

The video is cut here, but that's what's happening seconds after (as seen in another gif on the Virany's site) :laugh::

[​IMG]

Katreus repped this.
  22. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    you can see toto's hair from mars. it's about time someone clued her in that lyon isn't juvisy, that there are real salons de coiffure, places where she can get help.

23. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Not very elegant, Mr Guignol... Your remark about Juvisy is worth of the worst short-brained supporters of bas-étage. In other words, unworthy of yourself...

24. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    have you been?

25. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    I have for principle not to discriminate any place or people. And I read too many very nasty things on Juvisy on a Forum you know very well. Maybe you have been to Juvisy. But have you visited the city's all hair-dressers for ladies to declare publicly that there is no real salon over there ? Come on, be honest and admit it's a pre-conceived and biased opinion. Faute avouée sera entièrement pardonnée :)