Mobcast Cup (International Women's Club Championship 2012)

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by blissett, Oct 18, 2012.

1. flax

flax Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Sweden
    That's Laura Agard and not Lotta Schelin in the pic though, right?

2. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    It don't really look like Lotta and the person on the picture do not seem to be at least 5cm (2 inch) taller than the second tallest person on the picture, so it proably isn't Schelin.

3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The third one doesn't really look like Schelin to me... o_O

4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lol, anyone said the same thing! :laugh:
    Sorry for repeating it, folks, I hadn't updated the page in time...

5. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    it blew me away the first time i saw her come in!

i call her girafon (baby giraffe).

and that is laura agard in the picture

6. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Yes, sorry to everybody ! It's Agard and not Schellin. I was certainly hagard myself in some way when I posted it... :notworthy:

7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    For anyone interested, the first match of the tournament, NTV-Beleza vs Olympique Lyonnais, is currently live, here: http://www.justin.tv/sky_calcio_34#/w/4224883712

We're at about 20' and the result is now 2-0 for OL (2 goals in the first 5 minutes).

shlj repped this.
  8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Now 3-0, Nécib... :rolleyes:

Looks like that OL-INAC final everyone wants to see is going to take form... I wonder if INAC has any chances... (Judging by Nadeshiko League, it should be way stronger than Beleza, but Beleza beat INAC once, in League Cup, this season).

9. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    When I spoke to the Arsenal players who played both teams they said INAC was far superior and probably as tough as Lyon.

10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I hope so, because at HT we're already 3-0 for OL... :rolleyes:
    (But, with a GK worse than Bouhaddi, maybe Beleza could have scored a goal).

I know very well that INAC is way stronger than Beleza and in my opinion can be perfectly compared to OL, also in professionalism of players.
    (And, even if Beleza has beaten INAC once in this season, in the last matchdeay of Nadeshiko League two weeks ago INAC beat Beleza 4-0).

I am sorry that there are not many comments on this thread, but at the moment everyone (including me :giggle:) is commenting on the Nadeshiko Japan thread...

11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Final result of Mobcast Cup's first match is: Olympique Lyonnais-NTV Beleza 5-2 (own goal by Ariyoshi, Dickenmann x 2, Nécib and Schelin for OL; Kiryu and A. Nagasato for Beleza).

The result was predictable, but Beleza played a decent game, quite warped by two goals in the first 5 minutes. Anyway I guess that scoring 2 goals to OL actually isn't so bad...

Next match, INAC Kobe Leonessa vs Canberra United in less than an hour, at 19:20 Japan Time = 11:20 CET. I hope we can find a live feed for it also, although for OL it was obviously easier because it was broadcasted by Eurosport; not sure if INAC-Canberra is on Eurosport too or only on Fuji TV.

12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Looks like INAC-Canberra isn't live even on Japanese TV (that will show it just later). Does any Australian friend know if the match is broadcasted in his country? o_O

If anyone knows about a way to follow the match live, please post a link here...

13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Apparently INAC-Canberra can't be watched live on the net: there are only updates through Twitter and/or Women Soccer United thread, from people who are watching the match at the stadium.

Looks like INAC is comfortably cruising to the big final match as much easily as OL: we're at about 55' and the score is 3-0 (17' Goebel-Yanez, 35' Takase, 54' Ohno).
    Goebel-Yanez could deserve a look by Tom Sermanni for USWNT? :unsure:

Meanwhile, if anyone couldn't watch OL-NTV Beleza in live streaming or TV, Women Soccer United already has some highlights from the match:
    http://www.womenssoccerunited.com/v...ympique-lyonnais-mobcast-cup-match-highlights

guignol repped this.
  14. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    This is very predictable, I don't like it, this is bullying, I don't like Lyon for that and INAC neither, is not fair :(

15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well we're talking teams made entirely (or mostly) of full professional players vs teams of semi-pro (I guess Australian girls are not pro), so of course the results are predictable. Until women's football will have just a handful of pro-clubs, it is obvious that they'll have a big advantage over other teams (and that's probably why UEFA WCL final is normally "OL vs some german team").

KAPIJXM repped this.
  16. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You're so right, I love WNT games (usually are equal) but club games still need more push like OL have with his president, I want to enjoy too with club games the same I enjoyed when I see WNT games

17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    While I was eating :giggle:, the INAC match ended, about 40 minutes ago. Final score is:
    INAC Kobe Leonessa-Canberra United 4-0
    (17' Goebel-Yanez, 35' Takase, 54' Ohno, 82' Goebel-Yanez)

We could say that INAC did even better than OL (better goal difference, and they kept a clean sheet), but, even without watching the match, I guess opposition was less solid than Beleza.

Goebel-Yanez had a brace, and I insist that USWNT's coach should at least try her in a camp. Any US fan here? What do you think about it?

I am very excited for sunday's final. :giggle: We've seen two quite lopsided semi-finals, but I guess OL-INAC instead could be a match like no-one recently seen in women's football at club level, both for the quality of the players on the pitch for both teams and for the relative uncertainty of the final result. Probably some people think that OL is anyway ahead by a significant margin, but I am not sure about that: people who say that count on the fact that OL crushed all European opposition, including German teams, but normally they don't know match about Nadeshiko League and its teams. I know instead, and I say that INAC is a force to be reckoned with and OL would make a big mistake by overlooking it... :sneaky:

When was the last time that OL lost an official match? I am not saying it's going to happen, but anyway I'd like to know what's the current record... :whistling:

18. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, I guess Lyon will win, maybe OL's strikers have advantage with INAC's CB, a thing that Goebel-Yañez won't have, well, hope I am wrong, but it's my POV.

Let's see who wins the Lion's battle :ROFLMAO:

19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lol, yes, Lyonnaises vs Leonessas! I hadn't thought about the feline-implication of this clash! :laugh:

Whoever wins, women's club football is not about women, it's about... cat-women! :ROFLMAO:

20. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    well, i had to work, so could only pick up the result first here then on olweb.

are the graphics seen on those highlights habitual for japanese TV? they certainly seem japanese to me, judging from the miso and ramen packaging i've seen! strange at first to a western eye but it grows on you!

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    But the one off nature of international tournament football always lends it's self better to the always relevant issues of global professionalism, and the resulting lopsided parity we then still see because of it too, so...:unsure:

Plus isn't the a main reason French and Japanese WNT's look so good right now, thanks to the obvious development nature of their domestic leagues, where their FA/Fed's don't need all out focus on the still niche nature of elite professionalism within one or two of the leagues better teams?

We can see the same thing within the fully pro big money climates of men's game too, where nations who consistently promote domestic player development over league wide competitiveness, continue to produce the sports highest quality national teams, in a total contradiction to their domestic leagues perceived strength.

Currently, the women's UCL, and (looking into the future) this new world club concept, will only improve the club scenes elite level competitiveness even further, but it will have to take a nation willing to forgo any real progress, before we see a true promotion/relegation women's league with parity close to that witnessed within the international tournament scene.

22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The final match INAC-OL is about to start in 2 hours and a half: as soon as anyone finds a link to watch it in streaming, please post it!!!

23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Menawhile, in a thrilling game, decided in the extra-time, NTV Beleza beats Canberra United FC 4-3 (I only know the names of Japanese scorers: Azusa Iwashimizu, Kanako Ito, Asano Nagasato and Azusa Iwashimizu again for the winner).

24. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lemontv suggests this link: http://www.frombar.tv/v-4/8/54/v-485556.html
    At about an half hour from kick-off is still not working, but I hope it will be later...

Meanwhile I keep searching for other links... please, post the justintv one if you find it.​

25. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--