MLS vs Descentralizado

Discussion in 'Peru - Clubs' started by mlssoccer26, Jun 29, 2011.

1. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    i've given you the benefit of the doubt unlike most but you're clearly more delusional than i thought if you think henry, rafa, beckham, frings, etc. went to their respective teams in mls other than brazil, argentina, and for that matter, mexico, (much, much better leagues) for futbol reasons.

so i won't waste space debating just on that premise.

but know i support and go to matches for the growth of the league and to watch for its technical improvements, at which, right now is not the most practical but it is what it is and i accept that, just like i accept that peru's league isn't at the highest stature but because it hasn't thrown cash at aging superstars, built stadiums like there was no tomorrow and paid top-bucks for friendlies against power sides doesn't mean it's not a sound system.

2. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    Re: Andrés Mendoza - IN NERO WE TRUST[R]

ta que, lloro o me cago....???:D

3. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

both :eek:

4. alianza4life!

alianza4life! Member+

Feb 21, 2008
    hackensack,nj

Equipo por ekipo mls tiene mas nivel

5. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    [​IMG]

keep on trucking, we will believe soon enough!

6. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    shit, made me spill my purple drank!

7. KesOne

KesOne BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Oh stfu..you go there for the beer and you know it :D

8. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    MLS teams regularly lose to Central American ones in Concacrap Champions Leagues games.

And they've beaten Mexican teams once, at most, in their entire existence.

Nuff said.

9. mlssoccer26

mlssoccer26 New Member

Jun 5, 2010
    New Orleans, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Overall aggregate score of MLS vs. Mexican teams in the last CCL was 12-15 in favor of Mexican teams, not exactly dominant. Two wins five losses and a draw.

Also, the leading scorer in the Peruvian league this year, Luis Tejada, tried to play in MLS and couldn't cut it.

10. Peruco83

Peruco83 Member+

May 8, 2005
    Hamden, CT
    How did I miss this thread?? lol
    I'm in the same boat as Bo, I go to games and support the league but MLS>Descentralizado is funny.

yeah Luis Tejada didn't cut it in MLS but not all players can adapt to MLS style of play, it doesn't mean they're not good, he just didn't fit in Kreis system. Espindola is tearing it up in RSL but he could only secure a contract from a team in Venezuela when he left RSL last year. It goes back and forth but Peru's top teams >>>> MLS top teams. Salt Lake made it to the CCL final but at the same time MLS teams loose to teams from Panama, Honduras, TRINIDAD!

Also, Peru may no export as many players to Europe but at least it has produced some world class talent over the years... MLS? Donovan plays at home, Dempsey plays in a low-table team, Altidore is riding the bench in some Turkish team, etc., etc.,

11. mlssoccer26

mlssoccer26 New Member

Jun 5, 2010
    New Orleans, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

12. Peruco83

Peruco83 Member+

May 8, 2005
    Hamden, CT
    It means the JA's style of play is better suited for Tejada. I'm sure his team would beat the stiffs at the LA Galaxy in a real competition like Libertadores.

Most of them playing/played in mid-level to bottom teams, except for GKs of course.
    Anyway, I support and attend MLS games and watch the Peruvian league and a lot of other South American leagues and I wouldn't rank MLS over the Peruvian league, if you think otherwise then that's ok but your "MLS>>>>>Peruvian League" is pretty much laughable. MLS may be underrated world wide but it's also very overrated by it's fans.

13. el Rafaa

el Rafaa Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 7, 2007
    Somewhere in MA
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

14. Peruvian_6663

Peruvian_6663 Member+

May 28, 2005
    In my House
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    there is no team in the MLS that can beat el aurich Aurich

15. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    successful in terms of what? by lifting some sort of mid-table trophy?

dempsey, who is supposed to be the goleador of the team, plays at ........ fulham.:rolleyes:

beasley? c'mon, dude got broken in half at rangers and edu ain't exactly lighting it up over there neither.

don't even get me started on holden, bocanegra....and ryan nelson? really?

only players looked at in a positive light are the goalies and that's another worrisome path for the us & a......who will follow timmay howard? not much depth from what i see.

by your spazzoli logic, Claudio Pizarro should have a monument built on top of a hill somewhere in Germany because this past year he became the leading foreign scorer in the Bundesliga so Peruvians can make a Mecca-like trek there to kneel and pray.:D

G.T.F.O.

16. mlssoccer26

mlssoccer26 New Member

Jun 5, 2010
    New Orleans, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would Luis Tejada have more goals in MLS than Henry and Donovan?

17. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    Maybe.

But then again, Mendoza's useless ass is creeping up on them.:D :cool:

18. mlssoccer26

mlssoccer26 New Member

Jun 5, 2010
    New Orleans, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tejada would have no chance. Wouldn't start for some teams. Like Real Salt Lake...

About 6 of his goals have been off defensive gaffes or penalties. And he has an impressive scoring history in Mexico and Belgium so he's definitely not a bad player.

19. flava

flava Member

Jun 3, 2005

20. Peruvian_6663

Peruvian_6663 Member+

May 28, 2005
    In my House
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    tejada dos good with aurich cause he actually has team mates who are GOOD...

he doesnt have to run from midfield with the ball, he gets the ball where it counts

21. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    we'll never know but tejada could've been the missing link off the bench for their conCACAf final.

him and his aurich side looked decent last year in a little-known cup called Libertadores, by the way.

22. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    yes but AEG actually pay their players.:D

23. Peruco83

Peruco83 Member+

May 8, 2005
    Hamden, CT
    of course Tejada would have no chance of scoring on a MLS defense, he wouldn't even have a chance of scoring on the USNT defenders.. oh wait...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI_uVmFqJZQ"]YouTube - ‪USA 1 vs 2 PANAMA | CONCACAF GOLD CUP 2011 |HD| FULL HIGHLIGHTS - 06/11/11‬‏[/ame]

24. mlssoccer26

mlssoccer26 New Member

Jun 5, 2010
    New Orleans, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    MLS routinely loses to Honduran and Costa Rican teams. The Galaxy got eliminated by a Puerto Rican team last year!

The Mexicans in CCL often play their reserves because they realize the tournament is such a joke. And MLS teams STILL can't beat them.

I can't believe I'm even arguing this shit. I'm so embarrassed.