News: MLS Transfers

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Heft, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No idea about this, but I always find it interesting when a guy has a kid and another girl pregnant without being married yet. I know I am old school but it sort of says something to me about choices or at least brains

2. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    whoa! I find the most judgemental people sometimes are the most hypocritical as well. Some of us take more time to grow up or learn from our mistakes.

I think Boswell is a great leader, tough as nails and a smart soccer player. On top of that he seems to be a good person, a good friend, and a devoted father. Maybe he has made a few mis-steps in his personal life but I don't think it affected his performance or his teams success. I think his character is a lot better than many players on other teams - we were lucky to get him him via the trade.

Hopefully we can find someone to fill the his shoes in the leadership role. Having Brad and Tally will help in this regard.

Heft and JC507 repped this.
  3. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    I don't necessarily agree with some of the choices he made in his life but that's not for me to judge. But from what I have read and observed, I don't think he's turned on the dedication to career thing yet. Think like Brad Davis-prior to his come to Jesus with Wade. After that, he became a workout and fitness machine and it showed on the field.

Bobby seemed like a great a teammate but I can't help but feel that he has never got the best out of his ability. I feel kind of cheated-he was/is a solid defender but after his first two years in MLS I thought he was going to be a starting CB for the national team.

I still remember him scoring for DC against Chelsea in a friendly his rookie year.

On a side note-yes I know it was a glorified pick up game but Calen looked really good (planting, accelerating, etc) on a bad field. Maybe the guy has one more season left in him.

redinthemorning and JC507 repped this.
  4. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    [​IMG]

*rey* repped this.
  5. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Just so I can clarify (not sure if this response was also directed at me), my statement isn't about his parenting abilities at all or about his relationships, but more about some of his lifestyle choices in regards to nutrition, fitness, etc.

Some of the things you said are certainly true. Bobby is a great teammate, a good friend and is a really funny and quirky dude. But when you're a professional athlete, that's not what necessarily matters.

Also, he served us really well for a number of years and I was glad to have him on the team and know him personally off of it. Hope things go well for him.

JC507 repped this.
  6. txsn

txsn Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More goalkeeper movement in SKC and Columbus. Probably the most movement i have seen in a while. Yet no talk of the Dynamo. Looks to me that we are keeping Hall and TD.

7. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cuz they are talking about this in the Women's league board. do you guys think we will trade Carrasco to Portland? and for whom?

I don't see it happening

8. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I think they would for allocation money....and Portland just came into some unexpectedly.

Levy2k6 and Heft repped this.
  9. Levy2k6

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did they? Yeah. Allocation is what the dynamo need.

10. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    They get the final CCL spot instead of RSL for conference regular season champ.

Levy2k6 repped this.
  11. Levy2k6

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's that AEG magic

12. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    DC paper is saying deal for Eddie Johnson to come there fo Seattle isalmost in place. Rumor is that Seattle wopuld get allocation money (along with first draft pick?) and DC would pay Johnson $370K + and take a DP tag.

I'm not sure he is worth that.

13. shoeless

shoeless Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

Interesting comments about that developing deal in this article: http://www.sounderatheart.com/sound.../5219014/eddie-johnson-joining-dc-united-goff

"
    I wonder how much actual negotiation between teams went on
    As opposed to the league stepping in, deciding that DC United needed EJ, and deciding what they thought would be fair for Seattle to get in return.

A couple of Goff’s tweets seemed to suggest that the league basically took hold of the situation. If that’s the case, I wonder if Seattle was still able to receive everything they wanted from the deal.

by Saurus on Dec 16, 2013 | 11:20 PM reply"

If there is truth to this, people should really stop wondering why people do mild comparisons to WWE. So Seattle was given Dempsey and now are given an out for EJ.

Heft repped this.
  14. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Garber admitted that they were making it up as they go along.

15. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My guess is the league throws some allocation money to Seattle that comes from MLS, not DC United. So they create allocation money out of nothing to help broker a deal for a malcontent player who his current team doesn't want.

16. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Maybe, but DC has a crap load of allocation money so that may not be necessary.

17. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See I was thinking that they know the league and Seattle is in a hard spot with EJ and knowing that there is some pressure to have him where he can play leading into the World Cup, DC would say "we'll take him and make him happy with an extension, but the league needs to sweeten the pot". It would set a poor standard, but wouldn't surprise me seeing as EJ is a USMNT player.

18. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    DC starting XI

Doyle------ Eddie Johnson
    ---------Silva--------------
    Pontius----------DeLeon
    -----------Kitchen------------
    Korb---BB.com--Franklin--Riley
    -------------Hamid----------------

Bench: Willis, Arnaud, Jeffrey, and others

Got much better in about two weeks.

19. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda

yep-if Benny Glass can't make the playoffs with that line up he should be gone.

20. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Except that rumors are three teams are interested with DC having most to offer. This would be a normal trade I think if they had left the contract renegotiation out

21. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently we traded for the rights to David Horst. He was the guy who broke his leg against us last year

txsn repped this.
  22. SogeJ

SogeJ Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    How good is he? The last thing we want is for him to break a leg with us.

23. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Good player. Was a full time starter in 2012 and was slated for the role in 2013 until the injury. He did get back on the pitch with reserves at the end of the season so he seems to be recovered. Also, he is relatively cheap.

Now, I wonder what that means for CB signings/draft.

24. Levy2k6

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And Carrasco stayed in Houston.

Good news.

As soon as I saw Portland on the headline, I was like. Here comes allocation money.

JC507 repped this.
  25. JC507

JC507 Member+

Jan 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol, I thought the same thing. As soon as I saw Portland I thought Carrasco was gone.