News: MLS Transfers

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Heft, Dec 9, 2013.

1. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At their current wages i'd argue Ashe and Sarkodie are irreplaceable. Just not going to find that talented outside backs for less. They're both underappreciated (well...at least the league recognizes Corey with a couple AllStar picks).

TX Bill, JC507 and footyfool repped this.
  2. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    I will miss him but I think we can find a speedier tall athletic center back for less.

The problem with Bobby leaving is that he was so damn tough and he was a great natural leader and good for the locker room. He didn't have as many goals this year but he did chip in a few goals for us in important games.

Even though he can't say, it he has to not like this because his expectant fiance is here in Houston and his son from a previous relationship is here also. As a father, he has to make the money to provide for his family.

Bobby we salute you! Good luck against everyone else - :)

JC507 repped this.
  3. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Losing Sarkodie, or Ashe would be huge. Both are pretty valuable players, so could be worth a lot in trades.

4. txsn

txsn Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont see those guys getting traded because although we do have somewhat of a talent problem, we have more of a budget problem. We want to get rid of high salary, not low salary.

JC507 repped this.
  5. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Keep in mind if you trade for allocation money; it is like trading big salary. Trading a 75k guy for 75k in allocation has the impact of clearing 150k on the roster.

That being said, I don't think we can trade guys where we have no depth. We would open up some money but we would need to turn around and spend it on that players replacement. We would need to get a starting quality player PLUS allocation money for one of our lower cost guys. That's a tall order.

6. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    perhaps the Pollo Briseno rumor will finally become true. i would be happy if this gets us Pollo or Sebastien.

7. redinthemorning

redinthemorning Member+

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure, but DC has absurd allocation money next year. It's a bad contract if he stays with the Dynamo. It's not great for DC. There's a marginal difference.

8. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. If they do a one-year deal with an option or a two-year deal with team options after that, they limit their exposure and allocation money is sort of a "use it or lose it" type of asset. Not sure if they can use allocation money on Boswell but they could use it to fill other holes and use normal cap space on Boswell.

But I still think it is a high price

9. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda

"Big move" from the uneducated casual fan standpoint, you know the WTF!? they got rid of Moffat and Boswell crowd. With that being defined-I still could see Davis, Hall, and.or Rico being moved. I just don't see us carrying Deric and Hall into next season, from a financial standpoint and playing time standpoint.

I agree Corey and Kofi can't go anywhere.

I think we're talking suicide if we move Jermaine at this point. Right now-I think it's interesting where we are at. Help up top was a definite. But now I am thinking that gaping hole in the back might be more pressing. I mean, no offense to Arena or Brunner, but I don't see them as everyday starting CBs-or are they? Maybe we make Brunner into our version of Jim Curtain and save some $$ and go get some real help up top.

I think it's true of MLS and American soccer-CBs are easier to find than decent strikers.

I think we should look at Agudelo (sic) from Pittsburgh. We have a partnership with them right? The kid is legit-spent some time with NYRB two years ago and then tore up the third division last year with the Hounds. Why not give him a trial-see if he can play again with the big boys. I mean really-Carr is done. Weaver and Bruin, although different are really kind of from the same mold. That leaves Barnes. How much could Agudelo cost?

10. brigante3g

brigante3g Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    FC Dallas acquired veteran defensive midfielder Adam Moffat from Seattle Sounders on Friday, with allocation money and the rights to negotiate a contract with Kenny Cooper heading in the other direction.

11. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    Moffat deserves better than that.

12. SogeJ

SogeJ Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Traitor!

13. redinthemorning

redinthemorning Member+

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Ruined tifo and I have to burn my signed Moffat training top? That's just unfair.

Heft repped this.
  14. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our Moffat trade worked out pretty well. Got a serviceable guy cheap an dumped Moffat's salary.

15. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I have to agree. Loved Moffat, but Carrasco is just as good defensively.

16. txsn

txsn Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do we really know this yet?

17. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I think he's going to be a star. But that's just my assessment.

18. crocken

crocken Member

Jan 28, 2011
    MD
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Lovel Palmer got traded too. that's a lot of ex-dynamo movement

19. dadcoachref

dadcoachref BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 30, 2007
    Crosby
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    did that serviceable cheap guy help in the playoffs??? can't remember...

poor Moffat, got traded to the most underperforming MLS playoff team ever and now got shipped off to the A-hole of MLS...sorry Adam...hopefully your next stop isn't Chivas...

20. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that Boswell is off the books I think Brunner could do a decent job of filling in for next season. As what little cap space we have left would have to be used elsewhere. (if we get to use it at all)

21. camicia arancione

Jan 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd be very surprised to see Davis moved. Hall, maybe. Rico Clark is absolutely indispensable. He's as important to the Dynamo as any player for any team in MLS. What possible scenario do you see where we could let him go?

22. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course it did...it brought us the Dash andAlex. Her fiancee? Meh...but having her is a win!
    B-)

JC507 repped this.
  23. madmatt621

madmatt621 Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many times Boswell mistimes to cutoff the ball and actually takes out a player instead?

24. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    #74 ImaPuppy, Dec 14, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
    I love Bobby, but the truth is that the guy just did not take things seriously off the field and it started affecting his on-field performance as the year wore on. Dom had even talked to him about these concerns over the past few years.

I don't want to go into too much detail but I'm sure there are others who can attest to this.

metroag repped this.
  25. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda

highly doubtful but if we need to get some cap space and someone was willing to give us some serious allocation money AND we had a powerful target all lined up but needed the space. Again, highly doubtful but it could happen. I think Tally would be dealt before Rico and Davis. But you have to look at Brad-high salary, did he hit his peak two seasons ago or did he really have no one to target last season? I think we still have to open some more cap space to fill some holes.