MLS on HD Net?

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by mjtate, Feb 20, 2004.

1. mjtate

mjtate Member

Feb 3, 2000
    Westerville, OH
    Has anyone heard if games will be shown on HD Net again? I haven't seen anything either way. On their website (hdnet), there used to be a page about MLS on HDnet, but it is not there anymore. Could have been taken off because there is nothing to show, but wanted to see if anyone knew for sure. I was stoked when TW offered HDnet, but if they don't carry MLS games, channels aren't as cool anymore.

2. Line9Foul

Line9Foul New Member

Jan 10, 2004
    Good ol' USA
    Yes they will be showing games.... if im not wrong HDNet signed a multi year deal contract with MLS (3 years i Bleieve).... that is the reason why im going to get an HD receiver for my DirecTV satellite before the MLS season starts. i basically have

ABC, ESPN 2, FoxSports World/Fox Sports en Espanol, MLS Shootout Package, Yahoo platinum and now im ready to get an HD reciever since i bought a flat screen HD TV... im also plaing on buying Tivo... I rule!!!

3. mjtate

mjtate Member

Feb 3, 2000
    Westerville, OH
    If you have Direct TV, they will be coming out with a new HD/Tivo receiver in the next few months that will be the bizzomb! Something like 40 or 60 hourst of HD recording! I would hold out for that if you are getting HD and want TIVO. I have cable so that option is unavailable for me (but I do have TIVO, and it rules).

4. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    Yes, it was a three year contract. From the original press release:

"Major League Soccer and HDNet announced a three-year agreement to broadcast live HDTV coverage of MLS games."

5. mjtate

mjtate Member

Feb 3, 2000
    Westerville, OH
    Thanks, I emailed Mark Cuban, and he also said MLS would be back.

No real need for shootout if you already have ESPN2, FSW, and HDnet? Three games out of 5 most weeks.