MLS Offseason News and Rumors Thread I

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by patfan1, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crooked

Crooked Member+

May 1, 2005
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    We've been over this a number of times. When this team has done the right thing (the new kits, signing Bengtson, hiring Downing, adding Empire SC to the academy, etc.) people have only had positive things to say. However, when they make boneheaded decisions which are clearly a disaster from the start (the Pepe Moreno signing, Hispanic Herritage Night, committing to a timeframe for an SSS announcement, etc.) they rightfully deserve to be criticized. This is professional sports, we're supposed to be critical.

2. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doesn't matter if they don't want to hear it.

Crooked repped this.
  3. MLSFan123

MLSFan123 Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Boston Area
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is something ironic about the stadium plans in NY.

Albeit indirectly, I wonder if more of Krafts money is being used to push that deal through in NY than using his money to push a stadium deal here in Mass.

I get the feeling the sum total expense for the Boston stadium is asking local governments if they want to chip in a ton of money for a soccer stadium/infrastructure/land and when told no, they just come back the next fiscal year and try again.

RevsFanDan repped this.
  4. MLSFan123

MLSFan123 Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Boston Area
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That article does not say he was re-signed if I read it correctly. It says he was made an offer but has not yet agreed to it.

5. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are right. The article was updated since I posted it, and the title changed to: "Red Bulls secure LeToux’s MLS rights with Bona Fide offer (UPDATED)".

So, he hasn't signed, but he is out of the Re-Entry Draft.

6. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Confirmed: He's on his way back to Philly

7. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. There are some posters on this Board who can find fault or put a negative spin on any matter related to this Franchise. The lens through which they view life is wired that way.

8. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    you dumb

RevsFanDan repped this.
  10. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I know that I'm capable of not complaining. I didn't complain for about 14 years re: this franchise.

12. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There have been many positive comments thrown at this team by those of you are categorizing as negative ... WHEN deserved. I've already shown you the proof, but as usual, you and others choose to ignore it.

I suppose it's easier just to analyze everyone that you disagree with though as being "wired" that way. :rolleyes:

shanary, RevsFanDan and Kraft Out repped this.
  13. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Doc is so negative

14. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have the credentials that say I'm an expert at analyzing these things :p

15. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    why are you always so negative, doc?

16. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @thegoalkeeper I have confirmation from sources that Union have landed Jeff Parke.

17. RevsFanDan

RevsFanDan Member

May 24, 2005
    North Shore
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm definitely wired to be skewed to the pessimistic side of anything...I also believe I'm a realist!

I'm didn't walk into the first Revs game I ever saw thinking, this is gonna be Shit! I was so happy to be able to start following a pro team in the USA that I overlooked many things.

But, then the years of second fiddle marketing and communications, Disney event style promo and ultimately the debacle on the field. I came to the conclusion this GUY(Krafty) is a bozo..and even if there were some definite ppl in the org who CARED about the game, he wasn't going to support them.

Thus..thousands upon thousands of fans decided that this outfit wasn't for them! Aren't they even more pessimistic than me..or I am simply that more delusional. Or are we wired as masochists??

We know clearly how clubs are run around the world. We've been there and sure, they are NOT PERFECT, but the culture is nothing like this group is. And now, we have to be slapped in the face repeatedly by the start-ups to show us how it's done and yet, we still push our nose up to the sky at them.

My career and work is to always be on the lookout for problems and deal with them. If I walked into work the way most fans walk into Gillette, I wouldn't be doing my job and would most likely be unemployed. I do it at work..and I do it at life, I hope!

Like someone has in the signature..I'd rather be passionate than apathetic(something like that) or just following some crowd..!

Kraft Out and patfan1 repped this.
  18. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. huskydeac

huskydeac Member+

Mar 31, 2009
    FC Dallas sign 33 yo DM, Peter Luccin. Played in La Liga and Ligue 1 for years, but his career more or less ended after a few knee injuries. Odd pickup. They had him in for training and he must have impressed, but I can't imagine a guy his age, that's seen so few minutes in recent years, being able to make a large impact.

20. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. bwidell

bwidell Member+

Apr 19, 2005
    Manchester, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kind of an odd pair of signings... these kids are never going to sniff the bench for New York. Not for a few years at least. Why not play college ball then?

Have also read that they aren't even the most talented from their Academy team.

22. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like the kind of guy we usually sign....

23. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the article inthe link above:

"Trading the team’s first-round draft pick seems counter-intuitive for a Portland side led by a new head coach coming from the college ranks, but the lack of true pro-ready options at the top of the draft likely led Porter to decide trading the pick for a proven commodity like Johnson was more practical than keeping the pick and choosing from players such as VCU’s J.J. Johnson and Central Florida’s DeShorn Brown, two Generation adidas targets projected to go near the top of the draft"

That is it in a nutshell for me. The Revs need guys who can step in now and start, not some guy who might be a good player in 2-3 years, but given the average odds, probably won't.

But, but, but... Tom Brady was a 6th round pick for the Patriots and look how he turned out!