MLS Non-Sporting Discussion [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by NorthbankHighbury, Jan 19, 2011.

1. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    my so was aimed at his apology. As in I could care less what he has to say now its what he said then that matters.

2. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watched the highlights of the Chivas game because I was curious about how Ryan Smith is doing. One thing that is different is they have him playing the right side instead of the left. The things that have not changed is that whenever he gets tackled, he goes down in a heap and grabs his leg. He also plays almost no defense and he never looked very dangerous. I doubt if he could even crack the starting lineup for SKC.

3. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    maybe, maybe not. he'd definitely be a hell of an asset coming off the bench late in a game, though.

4. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he wouldn't pout about coming in off the bench... And I just can't see him not pouting about being consistently a sub...

5. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    fair point.

6. TheSmokingPun

TheSmokingPun Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's in a heap during the scoring play, not surprising at all.

7. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Churchill913

Churchill913 Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
  9. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Yeah, I think that's very appropriate.

10. Jough

Jough Member+

Jul 30, 2007
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3 days is the low end of appropriate for me. Less than 3 and I'd say too little. 5 sounds about right. More than 7 or so and I'd say excessive.

Comments like his are one of the several reasons I really don't like Jermaine Jones.

11. Replicant

Replicant Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think 3 games is perfectly fair when you consider he's also getting a fine cut straight out of his paycheck. He makes decent at over $90k, but still sucks to lose some money and its going to make him think. Wasn't there something else about sensitivity course or something along those lines?

I think it was the right thing to both suspend and fine. Sends a clear message.

12. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you serious? Between players? Do you have any idea what goes on between players on the field? I've heard players threaten to kill each other, I have heard players tell other players they are going to rape their mothers, I have heard players tell other players they are going to ******** their wife. That is typical of sports everywhere and it will never be punished.

What Clark said to that ball boy would be a compliment compared to stuff I have heard on the field.

13. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
  15. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    even a glass of water can be dangerous. you could choke and accidentally drown ... or you could even trip over your own feet, stumble into the wall, and shatter the glass as you attempt to save yourself, slashing your wrist as the shards of glass trade water for blood.

yup, that sounds like rbny's level of dangerousness.:p

16. aletheist

aletheist Member+

Nov 17, 2010
    Olathe, Kansas, USA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does tonight's result at RFK invert the relative impressiveness of SKC's wins over DC and Dallas? Or is it just another data point showing the general parity within MLS?

17. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    It shows that Dallas can't win on the road. It shows that the east isn't a cake walk. It shows that the west isn't the superior race of soccer players after all.

18. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    DC is a lot better than their first three games let on. They lost to us in the dying minutes of stoppage time, lost at LA, and picked up a tie at Vancouver (who were perfect before that result). Let's not forget the second half of last season when DC picked up DeRo and nearly made the playoffs in their push.

In the end, one game isn't too indicative of much of anything. All that really matters is we got three points off of both of them.

19. DirtyStriker

DirtyStriker Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Basehor, KS
    If the Dallas win is less impressive, is the DC United win more impressive considering we beat them at their home?

Also I like this win as I want more Eastern teams to beat the West so they can't complain so much about the schedule.

20. Jough

Jough Member+

Jul 30, 2007
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, yeah, but we're really more competing against the east this year, so teams in the east losing to teams in the west is still "good" for us.

Then again, I'm a fan of hoping every team draws every other team 0-0 in every game while we stomp on everyones throats and blow the rest of the league out of the water. But who knows.

Still, fun highlights to watch.

21. MuddyPitch

MuddyPitch Member

Jun 14, 2008
    Liberty
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since everyone was all over Twitter on the Colin Clark slur thing. Where do you all fall with this?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080211180411AAiQhJd

Experienced this at the DAL game with my kids and some neighboring fans, and hear it on the Canadian goal kicks tonight on TV at Livestrong.

Ah, parenting...explaining to the kid why repeating things you hear drunks yelling in a foreign language is maybe not something you want to be screaming in the parking post game.

22. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's the same thing as YSA. It's not going away entirely no matter what people do.

23. Kasmatsu

Kasmatsu Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Gardner, KS
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope LA don't sort out their problems before they face us. The Revs are tearing them apart.

24. Lebowski

Lebowski BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 23, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
  25. Replicant

Replicant Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team: