MLS League Re-alignment, where does SKC go?

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by RjBass, Apr 10, 2014.

1. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Is it wrong of me to think that mls should not factor 'current rivalry' when pondering conf. realignment?

2. aletheist

aletheist Member+

Nov 17, 2010
    Olathe, Kansas, USA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are only a few "current rivalries" that could plausibly be affected by realignment, assuming that the organization of the league will continue to be based primarily on geography.

Chicago/Dallas (Brimstone Cup; is this is still a real rivalry?)
    Chicago/SKC (is this is still a real rivalry?)
    Colorado/RSL (Rocky Mountain Cup; only an issue with three 7-team conferences)
    Columbus/Toronto (Trillium Cup; only an issue with three 7-team conferences)
    Dallas/Houston (El Capitan; would presumably prefer to be back together)
    Houston/SKC (would presumably prefer to stay together)
    RSL/SKC (Heineman wants multiple games per year)

Yesterday's official announcement that Atlanta will be team 22 in 2017 pretty much seals it in my mind that Houston and SKC will move to the Western Conference next year.

3. KC1996

KC1996 Member

May 11, 2013
    We don't have a true rivalry with anyone so I don't think they'll take into consideration any current "rivalry" KC has when restructuring the conferences.

If anything, I could see MLS trying to keep KC/Chicago together with how hard they try to push that rivalry on the fans. Not knowing we would rather stick with Houston.

4. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The league has only really pushed it cause KC pushed it, chicago's FO and their fans don't care.

5. jtreg

jtreg Member

Aug 16, 2010
    State of denial
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. The flip side is it seems that Chicago go out of their way to say how much they don't care, which in a way is caring a lot. They also never have anything nice to say. #feartheflag :rolleyes: