MLS game torrents... Part II

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Wallydrag, Jul 5, 2007.

1. brain26

brain26 New Member

Apr 13, 2007
    I am planning on having a MP4 version within 1 hour of final whistle

2. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you know what, I have a crazy theory. this problem started for me around the time of the last Windows Update. and there are some other random sites I haven't been able to access either during this time period. I dunno what to do if that's the case, but is everyone who's having the problem a PC user? any Mac users unable to access HPI?

brain26, will you also be able to put that up on another site in addition to HPI just in case?

3. brain26

brain26 New Member

Apr 13, 2007
    yes, If HPI is not up by then, I will post to a public site

4. mobbo

mobbo Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Houston
    HPI is still down. Has anyone uploaded an HD version of the MLS Cup? I found a torrent of the game but it's only 1.17GB... which doesn't seem like it would be HD, not even compressed.

5. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've become increasingly convinced, unless I hear from someone who knows otherwise, that this is a problem with the last windows update. there are too many random servers on the internets that I haven't been able to access during all this time. it's too much of a coincidence that a bunch of unrelated servers would suddenly be down long-term.

6. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I know of a recent Torrent site that has been shut down, Demonoid, and a buddy has told me they have been after people lately for pirated stuff, like movies, and charging them with federal offenses!!! Could that have anything to do with it?

7. dsp87260

dsp87260 New Member

Mar 19, 2005
    Check out the torrents thread in USA Men.....Foosinho posted what's going on...

8. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not working for me on my Mac, so it's not a Windows thing.

9. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thanks dsp! so there's nothing we can do on our end but wait, then?

10. dsp87260

dsp87260 New Member

Mar 19, 2005
    as far as I know...

11. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    Wild speculation...from the same brand of stupid people that think every mole is cancerous, abandon their cars in the middle of evacuation traffic jams, and are actually worried about Brittney Spears.

12. DCUtd

DCUtd Member

Oct 26, 1999
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait, you mean we shouldn-t be worried about Britney? I think you lost all credibility with that, I mean we should ALL be concerned about what Britney is doing this very second and how her custody battle is evolving!!!!

13. narduch

narduch New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    LOL. Its so true. The only people who need to worry about that shit are massive uploaders of big label music and major release movies.

Nobody's coming after you for sharing soccer games. Especially if you live in North America.

14. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Damn, you dont got to be an asshole about it. I was just saying. Some site's are shutting down and i thought maybe that would have something to do with it. :confused:

15. nobius

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So any HD version of the MLS Cup yet?

16. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    I'm an asshole in real life...honest.
    If it makes you feel any better, I was grinning as I typed it. :D ( ← see?)

Anyways, I wasn't referring to you specifically...just the "my friend said/rumor mill" mentality.

The whole Demonoid saga has been going on for months...years, to be honest. And it's probably not completely over, at that.
    It was never all that stable to begin with, and Deimos was hardly even there lately anyway.
    It's probably for the best... At least all the leeches there will have to figure out how to use p2p properly now.

Oink's on the other hand... They had original torrents there, and that kinda sucks. But even my p2p inept girlfriend found 3 more sites to join the next day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I posted it several other places...but I forgot to post it here (sorry about that), but my antenna crapped itself just before the Cup started...so the recording had a lot of errors in it...
    It's taking a while to find and correct them.

A few seconds here, a few seconds there...but it adds up, especially when you're crawling through 59fps.
    I've got it cleared through the halftime show, and I'm working on the 2nd half right now, where there's a particularly bad stretch I may have to cut out entirely. (about 2 mins)

I haven't had much time for it unfortunately, due to the short-week work crunch...but now that the weekend's here, I should have it up in the next day or so.

Again, sorry for the delay...at least there are other versions out there. ;)

17. harrylee773

harrylee773 Member+

Jul 28, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Y'know, I've only download the US/mex Gold Cup finals from this board, so I'm not the utmost authority- but if you're going through all of this trouble just to get a game out there for others to see- you have every right in the world to be an asshole :D

18. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    [​IMG]

Houston Dynamo v New England Revolution

November 18, 2007
    RFK Stadium
    Washington, DC
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [​IMG]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

FULL BROADCAST: ABC-HD (720p - 5.1)
    Commercials cut
    Ticker left in
    Pregame, Halftime, and Postgame are included.​

*****THERE ARE SEVERAL INSTANCES OF SIGNAL LOSS THROUGHOUT THE MATCH*****
    A few seconds here, a few seconds there, and one stretch of about 2 minutes in the 2nd half are missing...the audio gains on the video, so I've set several re-synch points throughout to help correct this.
    Really, it's not that bad... I just don't want to hear any complaints.​

VIDEO: MPEG4 (AVC/H264)
    768x424 - (16/9)
    59.94 fps
    2170 Kbps​

AUDIO: AAC (LC-SBR)
    6 channel
    48 KHz
    123Kbps ​

SIZE: 1.83 GB​

TORRENTmininova or HPI

~YiS~

19. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any chance some people could turn on their torrents for the Dynamo playoff games tonight please?

I did donate to the site. :)

20. dsp87260

dsp87260 New Member

Mar 19, 2005
    Done.

21. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Anybody reseeding the Fire/Galaxy game?

22. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The MLS Cup is taking four days to download. Only one seeder. :(

23. nobius

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had trouble with the HPI one last night and am using mininova instead. Not sure whether the seed numbers work the same, but I started last night and am at 83% with two seeders.

24. brain26

brain26 New Member

Apr 13, 2007
    why complain? The one seeder is the person who took time out of his day to actually record the game. How are there supposed to be more than 1 seeder already?
    :(

25. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J

Hah... My share ratio was over 2 when you posted that. Meaning I'd upped the file twice over already...

It's not my fault that leechers don't share with each other. :rolleyes: