MLS flavors of the week: 2012 Edition [MLS R's]

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by EXALIFTIN, Mar 4, 2012.

1. bmo180

bmo180 Member+

Jan 25, 2012
    Playing in Champions League is not an automatic qualifier that a player is better

2. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about playing in the first round of Champion's League qualifiers?

Editor In Chimp repped this.
  3. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what a beautiful assist from donovan......

StillKickin, Pl@ymaker and Berks repped this.
  4. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Mike Magee with another goal. Gonzalez playing solid as always and Donovan is playing amazing.

5. USAMEX10

USAMEX10 Member+

Sep 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    When Donovan isn't trying to find himself.... He is so so good. He's played great this game.

juniorLA, Pl@ymaker and Berks repped this.
  6. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so barring miraculous, LA vs Houston final

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  7. FlipsLikeAPancake

Jul 6, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds familiar.

8. jakepc42

jakepc42 Member+

Mar 26, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't get to watch the game as i was busy watching my Texans out-bear the Bears but good to hear LD and OG played well. No surprise with Hou and LA. Two teams with great coaches and veteran leadership.

9. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We all need to light a candle to the "please come back to the Nats" saint this winter. His creativity (along with Robbie Keane's) was on display tonight. Ran circles around Seattle's defense (my favorite was when three defenders all stared at one another like "what just happened?" after Scott made a game saving clearance over the bar after a Keane/LD/Willy combo). That's what encourages me beyond the pace stuff, tonight other than a couple of counters where he sprung beautifully, what's more encouraging to me is the decisiveness, one-touch passing, off-the-ball movement and through balls. That stuff comes with time, experience and seeing the game. Seeing that tonight was seeing exactly what Clint Dempsey said we were missing. Creativity and movement. And then some.

Hope his hamstring is okay.

10. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys got lucky our QB got a concussion :thumbsdown:. Donovan has looked like his old self in the last 2 games hopefully his injury isn't serious and will be good to go next Sunday.

11. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Another Houston vs LA finally would be pretty cool. I currently live in Houston and I'd love to see the Dynamo lose to us again. Last year it was pretty funny seeing all the Houston fans wearing their jerseys before the game and talking trash to me when I was wearing my Gonzalez shirt, but look what happened! I proudly wore my galaxy apparel after the win while all the Houston fans cried.

12. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    Love the progress Bruin has shown. The technique is good. He can hold up the ball and make the tricky passes with his back to goal. His movement in the attack is good. And most importantly he can put the ball on frame. He's got 4 goals and an assist in the playoffs. Very impressive.

13. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I was skeptical about him, about the whole Dynamo team actually...but I'm now a believer.

I'm my book he is further along than Boyd, who right now is just a finisher. This GC is going to be to see who can step up and make it to the first team. These guys might actually be able to play the style that Klinsmann is preaching about unlike some of our first team guys.

14. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Mike frikkin' Magee!

This guy is just clutch. I'd give him a shot just because he doesn't shy away from the big moments and steps up when it counts. Yes, his regular season numbers are modest.

But in 15 playoff games with the Galaxy, he has 8 goals and an assist. That's some quality productivity and the level of difficulty should be factored in because of the pressure of the playoffs. During those games, he's helped them go 11-2-2.

I don't want Mike Magee being a regular starter for the US national team. There are better options to start. But to be a sub and a spot-starter who will carpe diem? Shit yeah, I want Mike Magee.

15. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Magic Mike?

Why not? I think people assume he's older than he is, because he's been around forever. He's 28, and is in his prime.

Can he help us? Maybe......................

northdallas40oz repped this.
  16. jakepc42

jakepc42 Member+

Mar 26, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean the qb who threw 2 picks and had that oh-so familiar look of bemusement we often see from him?;)

17. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He hasn't been good in the first half of the game but he has been the best 4th quarter QB in the NFL this season but enough of NFL talk lets get back to MLS talk.

18. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Member+

Jun 23, 2006

Sorry if I am wrong, but aren't u the guy who says u don't watch MLS?

19. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I watch MLS.

Welcome back.

Zoidberg repped this.
  20. northdallas40oz

May 29, 2008
    That's what I've been saying since last October! All the guy does is score clutch goals. It's really astounding. The guy only has two speeds: On. And TURBO.

Everyone's fawning over a bunch of MLS scrubs, f that. Gimme a guy who wants the ball. Who SCORES.

Sandon Mibut repped this.
  21. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Becoming the Robert Horry of MLS.

Big Game Magee.

22. morange92

morange92 Member+

Jan 30, 2012
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hey if mike mcgee is robert horry of soccer, we damn well better call him up. Horry won like 10 NBA titles, if we could get somebody remotely that clutch we will be winning world cups in no time.

23. youth=glory

youth=glory Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Yea damn MLS scrubs like Bruin and DeLeon....wish atleast one of them would show up this playoffs.....

ImaPuppy repped this.
  24. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Horry had no business being on our Olympic just as Magee has no business being on our NT. Horry owes his 10 titles to the stars he played with. They put him in the position to fill a support role very well. It's the stars a guy like Horry or Magee play off who are NT or Olympic(basketball) caliber.

25. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Lol...

Pontius, DeLeon, and Bruin sure are scrubs!

OWN(yewu)ED repped this.