MLS Direct Kick and MLS Live 2012 and 13

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by aztec21bas, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordRobin

LordRobin Member+

Sep 1, 2006
    Akron, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone else ever gotten spontaneously logged out of MLS Live while you're watching a match? I'll be watching the match when -- BOOM! -- I find myself back at the login screen. It's happened to me twice now.

------RM

2. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I noticed this happening to me when I tried to watch 1 game on my desktop and 1 game on my laptop at the same time.

If I watch 2 games on my desktop at the same time and 0 games on my laptop it does not happen.

Whether that's useful to you, I don't know. But that's the only time I've seen the behavior you described.

3. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    The only time I've had it happen is if I was watching matches in multiple locations (multiple browsers and Panasonic) at the same time.

4. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's happened to me every time I watch live on either iPad or laptop.

5. Elichaz

Elichaz Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Without having to go through all threads, just to verify...Panasonic devices and roku as well as laptops you can watch live and replays. iPad and iPhone only live but no replays ?

6. mjlee22

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes that sums it up nicely.

7. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still having the problem on the Panasonic where after you watch a match (live or replay) and return to the main video page, the score-hiding is disabled and all the scores show up for all the matches. But if you re-load the video page, they go back to being hidden again. Very annoying when you are trying to catch up on games the day after and don't want to know the outcomes of the games you hope to watch through-out the day...

8. Fiosfan

Fiosfan Red Card

Mar 21, 2010
    Nevada
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A bit off the subject, just wondering if MLSLive is having a special promo to get the service for less money instead 59 bucks?..

9. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    There was a promotion for doing a FC Dallas survey and it looks MLS Live is also available as a monthly service now.

10. matbluvenger

matbluvenger Member+

Reno 1868
    United States
    Aug 2, 2010
    Reno, NV
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup. $15/mo now.

11. Omar

Omar Hurrrrr....

Nov 23, 2007
    Monterrey MEX
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  12. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, up until this point I hadn't tried to watch games on my iphone 3gs. I just linked my account and signed in, but it says "no live matches available." I no longer use this iphone as my phone. Does that mean it won't work?

13. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone else having problems with their Roku box tonight? I can get to the screen where I choose Matches, Standings, or settings, but then it does nothing.

14. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    No problems for me.

15. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tried other channels and got the same problem (even the channel store). I could select something off the main screen of the channel but nothing would happen. I power-cycled the Roku box and now everything seems to be working.

16. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not Roku, but my iPad won't even start the game tonight. Even tried relogging on to my account. My Android and my iPad both aren't updating the score either.

17. joehooligan0303

joehooligan0303 Member+

Dec 16, 2001
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is anybody else able to get the "remember me" option on MLS Live to work? I can't get it to work in any browser on any version of Windows. I have tried multiple computers on different networks and it doesn't work on any of them.

It is very annoying to have to log in every time I visit MLS Live.

And yes I have cookies enabled. I don't have any issues with "remember me" feature on any other website I visit.

18. mjlee22

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When your IPad won't play live games, do a force quit on MLS Live. I think the sequence is:
    - Double click the home button on bottom of your iPad
    - A row of apps shows across the bottom
    - scroll to MLS live
    - press on it until little x's appear on the wriggling apps
    - select MLS live, it should disappear from row
    - click on home button for row to go away
    - reopen MLS live

Seems like I have to do this every week

19. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    All the advances in technology and the answer has been the same for 30 years . . . .

reboot! :D

20. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same problem, same annoyance.

21. joehooligan0303

joehooligan0303 Member+

Dec 16, 2001
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They really need to fix this. As a web developer I know it is unacceptable to have a feature like this on such a high profile website that people are paying to use not working.

I submitted a bug to neulion (the company that produces MLS Live). We will see if they fix it.

I am just not sure how they could go this long without knowing that it doesn't work.

22. sedlie

sedlie Member+

Apr 5, 2011
    I think it works the way they designed it to. It remembers your username but doesn't automatically log you in, like on banking and airline sites for example. It is probably this way because they have billing info that is accessible. Sites like BigSoccer and Gmail that keep you logged in don't have billing info. Couple that with a person getting logged out of watching live games when they try to watch on a Roku and a computer at the same time with the same account, then issues could arise if you're still logged in through "Remember Me" but trying to watch the game on another device.

23. joehooligan0303

joehooligan0303 Member+

Dec 16, 2001
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't buy the "billing info" argument. Gmail (your email) can have way more sensitive info than MLS Live. Also MLS Live only shows the last 4 of your credit card. A receipt you get from a store has this info on it.

24. sedlie

sedlie Member+

Apr 5, 2011
    My store receipts only show the last 4 numbers. When you find a business that prints it out with the whole number, you should notify them to change their settings.

Regardless, it works the same way as many other sites do. So I don't think it is a bug.

Hell, if you want to find a poor website, try Southwest Airlines. Up until this month their website had a "Remember Me" box for years that wouldn't even remember the username.

25. joehooligan0303

joehooligan0303 Member+

Dec 16, 2001
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You misread my post. This is exactly what I was saying. Store receipts show the last 4 of Credit Card numbers. Just like the MLS Live site does. So there is no security issue the information that is displayed on the MLS Live account page.