MLS CUP 2013: RSL @SKC Dec 7 2pm MST SUPER-Thread

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by SoccerPrime, Nov 25, 2013.

1. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it will bump up against the rsl section, right?
    If it's GA, I'll just go in early and get the seats right next to the RSL section

good enough

2. mr prolific

mr prolific Member

Jan 30, 2008
    SLC
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice to see you too 15 to 32;)

Now who the F blurred my avatar???

SenordrummeR2 and 15 to 32 repped this.
  3. aletheist

aletheist Member+

Nov 17, 2010
    Olathe, Kansas, USA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is correct; in fact, sections 121-122 are normally part of the South Stand (GA), but apparently have been set aside for RSL supporters in this case.

4. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lovely
    thanks for the info.
    so stoked to go.

That corner is going to be red, yellow, and not that color blue

5. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm so jealous of all of you who are going. :cry:

SenordrummeR2 repped this.
  6. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel bad for all those people paying to watch us lose. EMBRATSU!

7. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That may be true, but I was born in Kansas and it seems appropriate somehow to finally click the heels of my red sequined heels and say there's no place like home.

Okay, actually, I just love soccer and I want to be there. I just don't have anybody to go with. #%*&#$(

8. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pay for me to go and I'll go with anyone. :p I mean my birthday is that month anyway. Think of it as an early gift.

9. GoRSL

GoRSL Member+

Jan 7, 2013
    47.615587, -122.200340
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Ditto! Thanks Mr Prolific! Section 126 down low - hopefully close to the rest of the red, yellow and blue claret, gold and cobalt.

10. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really hope you guys sell your entire allotment of tickets, cause if you don't then what you're doing note will really cause some logistical problems. Just saying.

11. mr prolific

mr prolific Member

Jan 30, 2008
    SLC
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #111 mr prolific, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2013
    Looks like someone in KC ratted us out on that code. I will get the new one and post it asap hopefully.

15 to 32 repped this.
  12. GoRSL

GoRSL Member+

Jan 7, 2013
    47.615587, -122.200340
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Given the level of interest in RSL, I don't see selling the allotment being an issue. Just the opposite - you guys need to increase the size of your stadium so we can get more RSL fans in...

13. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Believe me, I'd love for us to have more space - there are some who even think we could sit 79k at Arrowhead if prices were adjusted accordingly (but this would be SUCH a bad idea since it is in the middle of NFL season and the surface would be total shit, not to mention the field would be too narrow). I'm not entirely sure whether or not we could do that, but we could definitely do multiples of what SP provides.

Looking at it now it's easy to say "18.5k? Why so small?!" but you have to appreciate that this was a club people wanted to move from KC because of how poorly we supported the Wizards at Arrowhead. I'm not sure anyone anticipated this happening quite like it did. That said, they'll still wait at least a year or two (probably longer) before expanding.

I totally don't want to leave RSL fans out in the cold (well, it'll probably be cold in the stadium as well)... but I know how difficult it can be to travel on short notice. Just checked Expedia today - ~$400 roundtrip per person? - that's not cheap... I guess I can't really relate to the prospects of doing that as I've never traveled (apart from business) on such short notice.

Allez RSL and mr prolific repped this.
  14. mr prolific

mr prolific Member

Jan 30, 2008
    SLC
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1-888-452-4625 is the number to the Sporting KC front office. Press 1 for sales. Your best bet for tickets is to call this number at 9 AM our time on December 2nd. That is when tickets will be released to the public. From everything I have heard, if you want in to this game, this will be the only way left. Also rumors that if you used that code they may cancel your order but that sounds like BS and I don't mean big soccer.

15. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is so sad to see someone who just doesn't understand...

UPinSLC and SenordrummeR2 repped this.
  16. GoRSL

GoRSL Member+

Jan 7, 2013
    47.615587, -122.200340
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    So what's going to irritate me more is seeing all the tickets on Stubhub and eBay (at 4x-5x ticket price) before RSL fans can even place orders. I understand the 'home field advantage', but I think MLS and KC are doing fans a disservice here. I could understand if it was 40k, 50k or more, but at 18.5k it's a thumb in the eye given the whole Ticketmaster debacle.

17. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RSL's twitter account is saying the code is invalid and all orders that used it today will be cancelled. That's pretty lame.

Good to have you back, @mr prolific. You gonna stick around this time, or just keep lurking?

18. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    After Dec 5th, I hope to join prolific's lurking status. There is wisdom in his ways.

You will never hear that said about prolific again. ;)

19. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love that I have to wait to buy airline tickets until the allotment for RSL goes out.
    I know I will have a small chance of getting a ticket, and should buy airfare and hotel before, but I'm not paying the higher price on my airline ticket to have the ability to cancel.

What is the point of having a 2 week break between the semi and the final if you are just going to release tickets some 4-5 days before the game?

#FUKC

20. gretnapie

gretnapie Member

Jun 23, 2008
    nr gretna
    Nat'l Team:
    England

21. gretnapie

gretnapie Member

Jun 23, 2008
    nr gretna
    Nat'l Team:
    England

22. mr prolific

mr prolific Member

Jan 30, 2008
    SLC
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Call the KC front office on December 2 at 9 am our time. That is when they are releasing tix to the general public. They can't refuse to sell you tix at that point and the game is likely to sell out. I would not count on our newly lame FO to get tix. They are going to give most of those to themselves and corporate sponsors and I heard there will only be 300 to start with. Buy them directly from KC the day before in sections 123-126 or south goal. Also, tix from our FO look to be 100 + at face FYI.

23. aletheist

aletheist Member+

Nov 17, 2010
    Olathe, Kansas, USA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can call the team for information, but my guess is that the only way you will actually be able to buy tickets on Monday is through TicketMaster, yesterday's mess notwithstanding.
    My understanding is that sections 123-125 are part of the 1,000-ticket allotment that RSL is receiving, along with 121-122. 126 has reserved seating, while 115-120 constitute the South Stand, which is general admission.

mr prolific repped this.
  24. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just read a comment on Reddit from a SKC fan who bought tickets through Craigslist yesterday. With the tickets all being cancelled from yesterday's sale, he is most likely screwed. Be very careful buying MLS Cup tickets from a 3rd party vendor. There are more than likely going to be some guys that will still try and sell their tickets that were cancelled.

mr prolific and 15 to 32 repped this.
  25. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    #125 Eddie Stiel, Nov 27, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
    Sorry to intrude. I just want to express solidarity about the mess ticketing for this Cup has become. Why is the RSL FO waiting until next week to sell its allocation? Why is SKC/TM not selling tickets after today's presale ends until Monday? Put the dang tickets on sale asap so that those of us that must make travel arrangements (me from San Francisco) have at least a chance of affording the trip.

Last year, LA took care of all of this within a day or two of knowing they were hosting the game. I bought tickets on Monday with a presale code that LA sent out to their email list of past ticket buyers.

Finally, if I were a RSL supporter, I'd be quite angry that a RSL staffer is encouraging supporters to buy tickets from scalpers like Stubhub when they are sitting on an allocation.

Levy2k6, M.O.E, mr prolific and 5 others repped this.