MLS CUP 2013: RSL @SKC Dec 7 2pm MST SUPER-Thread

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by SoccerPrime, Nov 25, 2013.

1. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alvavon Saboval? Devaro Sandorio?

2. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    as already stated, those were yesterday - I tried to get just one and it was gone like 5 minutes after it started (then more came available as carts were emptied, it was all about luck of the timing of your click)

the sale that is happening today is listed as a season ticket holder sale ON THE KC WEBSITE - this leads me to believe that only they will be getting tickets today.

The question there is how many can each of their STH's buy? Are they limited to only their ticket? How many STH's do they have? I know they have 1,000 set aside for RSL, but those could easily be the only tickets left after today if there aren't too many restrictions on FUKC STH's

3. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
    Here's a bit of analysis from Greg Lalas.

However, Greg Lalas is a moron whose analysis is always conducted using questionable tools and methods from this website.

RoyalNonesuch repped this.
  4. Jough

Jough Member+

Jul 30, 2007
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's some idea.

The supporters group got an allotment of, they said 500, most anyone saw available through the supporters group website was 440, for $55/each and those were gone literally within minutes, website ground to a halt. Those tickets were limited to 2 per account.

Post season tickets were not include in the STM package, but we got priority access. First, those STM's who bought the 3 game post-season package got the first chance to buy a Cup Final ticket to the final at the end of the Houston match, limited to the # of season tickets they have.

Next was STMs, who got an individual promo code for presale on TicketMaster. They could only buy the amount of tickets they have season tickets for.

General public sale starts 12/2. My undersatnding is that RSLs front office has 1,000 tickets in the away fans section (sections 122, 123, and 124, see here - http://sportingkc.io-media.com/) that it will distribute on 12/2, but I have no idea how that will work?

rslfanboy, Sabra, Ismitje and 1 other person repped this.
  5. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stats are great for looking at the big picture and overall trends, for strategic decision making.

Who starts is a tactical decision that considers
    • Form
    • Matching up with the opponent's style
    • Fitness
    By those criteria I think Findley HAS to start. His style of attack is the perfect counter for high pressure (SKC anyone?) Couple that with his form and fitness and ability to go 120 and he's a no-brainer IMO.

(And yes Georg, I just bought my twelfth Robbie Findley jersey and yes, I resent the fact that I lost our Findley scores vs. LA beer bet, only to see him score in each of the next two games.)

Speaking of statistics, draws are real possibilities, so the 120 minute question looms large for me. Can Morales be effective that long? Can Saborio? Who are your 120 minute guys? You almost have to lock them in in this scenario and plan 1-2 strategic subs into the game plan...and that's basically the sub forwards, Velasquez, and maybe an outside back.

ccb1212 repped this.
  6. aletheist

aletheist Member+

Nov 17, 2010
    Olathe, Kansas, USA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the presale, SKC STHs are only able to buy the number of seats that they already had for the regular season. I believe that there are about 14,500 of those. Add the 500 for the Cauldron, that makes 15,000. Total capacity is 18,467 in seats, plus about 3,000 SRO based on Saturday's "fire marshal capacity" crowd. So besides the 1,000 tickets that RSL is getting, there should still be a minimum of more than 5,000 available (scattered around the stadium) when the general public sale begins on Monday.

Actually, my rep told me that the away section has been expanded to include 121-125--basically, the entire southeast corner (http://www.sportingkc.com/seating-chart)--presumably to get to that 1,000 number.

Ismitje and 15 to 32 repped this.
  7. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That all sounds like a big hassle. Perhaps you guys should just let us host it. ;)

rslfanboy and 15 to 32 repped this.
  8. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so, I don't want to get my hopes up, but it sounds like if I don't get in with the away sell I could still possibly find a ticket in a section near it say section 126 or 120.

My question on that, then, would be how many season tickets are held in those sections?
    Is it like the RioT where some sections are half season ticket holders while others (like the one I'm in) have very few?

One more: SRO tickets - do those assign you to stand above a certain section? I could see that becoming a big problem with RSL fans as we'd try to get those and then (as always) turn our section into GA and REALLY piss off some of our fans

9. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    That number may be high because MLS takes tickets for itself and its corporate sponsors. However, I hope you are right because I'm looking for tickets and it looks like I have to wait for the public sale because I couldn't get them in yesterday's VISA presale.

I think MLS should set aside a small allocation presale for STH from non-participating teams. There may not be many neutrals who try to go to every MLS Cup, but for those of us that do, the league should show us some consideration. I think it is likely my wife and I will miss this year's game after a stretch of 2003-2005 and 2008-2012. The ease of getting tickets and organizing travel were the advantages to the predetermined site for MLS Cup.

10. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This happened to me in Seattle. We showed up and our row was full of people whose tickets were at the top of the section, and we were at the bottom. They told us tough luck and that the section was GA. I laughed, and then kicked them out of my seats.

11. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Might be a swear word in here, but it needs to be shared after your post:

BalanceUT and Boz repped this.
  12. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That works when they stick to the seats
    in portland they announced via email that the section would become GA.

Any of you lovely kc fans know what the typical practice is for your away section?
    Enforce seats or just treat it as GA?

13. Deweyville

Deweyville Member

Aug 6, 2004
    Salt Lake City
  14. Sabra

Sabra Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Welcome to the forums Yam18 - I am not traveling but keep asking. I think many are traveling but are waiting until they release tickets on 12/2 to confirm.

15. Jough

Jough Member+

Jul 30, 2007
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it's all GA, but I've never sat with the travelling support so don't quote me on that? Our security is generally pretty easy going, but with a big event like this MLS may step in and enforce things a bit tighter.

The South Stand area over there is all general admission, even though the tickets themsleves have an assigned seat number, I imagine because TicketMaster needs to track seats...

16. gretnapie

gretnapie Member

Jun 23, 2008
    nr gretna
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Devaro might be good but Alvavon is probably more of a donkey

17. gretnapie

gretnapie Member

Jun 23, 2008
    nr gretna
    Nat'l Team:
    England

The show piece match of the season,the highlight of a nine month season In an 18000 sweater stadium. Someone's off their trolley or is it a corporates only event..

18. jtreg

jtreg Member

Aug 16, 2010
    State of denial
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
  20. ollikiel

ollikiel Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #95 ollikiel, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
    My buddy and I both bought seats at the same time, so I have 4 extra seats behind the south goal. If anyone is interested I can sell at-cost and transfer on ticketmaster. Sorry if this isn't appropriate for the forum, we're discussing tickets so I didn't think it'd be too bad.

Edit:
    Section SOUTH6 Row G18 Seat 2-5
    $69.55 each

21. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Though when we had neutral site finals we were all saying how horrible the atmosphere was because it was too difficult for either club's supporters to get to the Cup Final on such relatively short notice. We've come a ways since then, but a few hundred dollars for airfare is a tough sell.
    Hey, last year if San Jose had made it to the Final it was theoretically possible it would have been held in a 10k stadium (though they probably would've been able to find an alternate venue).

I hope they open tickets for you guys soon - I see no reason why they shouldn't, it's not like you're competing with other ticket sales, but it would make it much easier to plan for those who want to go.

22. Jough

Jough Member+

Jul 30, 2007
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last post for me, I swear, but a word of warning, the South Stand, while not officially a supporters section, has grown to be it's own big supporters group, and seating there is general admission, even though it may look like you've got an assigned seat. Not saying you shouldn't sit there or anything, just don't be surprised if "there's some one in your seat".

Allez RSL repped this.
  23. mr prolific

mr prolific Member

Jan 30, 2008
    SLC
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GoRSL and 15 to 32 repped this.
  24. ollikiel

ollikiel Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. Yeah, these are not in the RSL supporters section. But I know of a dozen or so friends who are right in that area too.
    And I'll keep any further discussion of these in private messages, sorry.

25. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    mr prolific repped this.