MLS Cup 2012 Schedule

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by DNez2001, Nov 13, 2012.

1. DNez2001

DNez2001 Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston 'burb
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has the MLS released the general schedule for MLS Cup related events, such as the Supporters Summit? This may be putting the proverbial cart in front, but many are already making plans to travel (to LA), and wondering whether to travel on Friday or Thursday to be able to get to the summit and other events while flights are still cheap. With the Cup on a Saturday vs last year on a Sunday, I’m expecting this will have an effect on the schedule.

2. DNez2001

DNez2001 Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston 'burb
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just had a conversation with Evan Dabby, Sr Director of Supporter Relations at MLS, and it appears that due to the time crunch based around the undecided cup location, no supporter summit is forseen in 2012 as it has been in years past. I hope this is NOT the case, and I would emplore the Angel City Brigade, the Emerald City Supporters and/or the Screaming Eagles to consider holding this event, even on short notice, especially with the Q&A with league officials. Any reps from these groups who might care to comment? BTW, props to Evan for calling me back directly after emailing him this afternoon!

3. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty much what many of us predicted in the multiple discussions about moving MLS Cup to a home-field game.