Post-match: MLS Cup 2012: Houston Dynamo @ LA Galaxy - Sat December 1st, 3:30pm CST

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by DynamoEAR, Dec 1, 2012.

1. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been to two MLS Cups as a neutral and three (now four) to watch the Dynamo. Our support was way better than the Galaxy and RSL took to Seattle and NYRB and Columbus had at LA. We outdid our own support in LA last year, and that's without the bus from ODLH. I'm not sure how it compares to our support in DC, that was pretty good too but a long time ago. Of course, nothing can compare to Frisco in '06, that was epic.

Had the game been in Houston, how many LAG supporters would have made the trip ya think? It being Beckham's Farewell Part Deux there would have been numbers, but as many as we had? I had a lot of Galaxy fans tell me after the game they were amazed how many of us were there.

2. RTBO84

RTBO84 Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From ESPN:

"Yet propelled by the tireless drums and bugles of their giddy fans, the visitors played against type, taking the lead on a Calen Carr goal and daring to control the first half with better movement, passing and possession."

Sounds about right. Great weekend everyone, until next year.

JC507, mabeuf and Dynamo_Forever repped this.
  3. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great run by our guys.
    We just didn't park the bus for that final 45, we actually continued to come out and box, which lead to our failure.
    Perhaps Ching could have come on earlier and perhaps Camargo as well to both hold the ball and link up with Brad who was in good form and Boni who needed more passes to his flank to get behind their back 4.
    Maing it was there to be won.

Thanks for the memories gentlemen. DALE DYNAMO!!! Oh and incredible showing by our Houston soccer faithful, very very proud of that support!

Bring on Santos!

4. DavidLikesToWin

Apr 30, 2012
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    When is the next round of Champions League?

5. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    End of February iirc. Return leg set for March 6th or 7th.

6. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been saying I was fine, just proud and happy to have made the finals. But arriving back in Austin at the airport where the adventure began was sort of, what's the word? Melancholic. I was so full of hope 2 days ago.

Ok. I'm over it. That's better..... We are Forever Orange.

7. cougarclaws

cougarclaws Member

May 8, 2006
    Lucky's Pub
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

JC507 and Levy2k6 repped this.
  8. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just drove from Hobby to IAH after getting off my flight. I went to welcome the players and spoke with most individually. Ching and Carr stayed away from the group. Carr was in a brace and on clutches. I spoke to Ching for a while. That was one interesting conversation. Boniek wants next season to start again and Moffat and I joked for a good 10 minutes. I almost cried when I saw Tally walking towards baggage claim...seeing and speaking to Ching made a knot appear in my throat. I love our team.

9. txsn

txsn Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    -Our support looked great on tv the few times they showed us. I went to Bar Munich it and was wall to wall orange. Fun times. I am sure Luckys was crazy.
    -They showed the smoke for a second, but then switched quickly. I feel like i could just hear the producer in the truck say "switch from that camera, Garber said we cant show that stuff."
    -Keane is legit. His offside goal and one other that was called for a foul were world class finishes.
    -I have always hated LA in all sports and my hate only grows with this loss.
    -I am tired of the AEG deal. I just feel robbed in games like this. I really dont think a group should own two teams.
    -I thought the 3rd PK was really weak.
    -I critical bad call was around the 86th min when we had a great challenge then were looking to counter, but a foul was called. LA gets the ball and kills the rest of the game.

10. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A couple more nice notes:

From Ching:

From Dom:

11. DNez2001

DNez2001 Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston 'burb
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow - where to start (or finish). Landed back in Houston, and had dinner and watched the game again on the DVR. Not surprising, ESPN and the entire news stories that I've read over the past 24 hrs watched that game through LA colored glasses. I saw the orange really do a great job of possession and attack. I thought they neutralized Beckham and Donovan well. The supposed Donovan "miss" was well positioned by Tally, and Landon's only other option was to put it on Tally and hope for the rebound. Sarkodie's look on the short side was real similar to Carr's, and Sanders I thought had a marginal game, made that save. Carr's goal was pure. We went nuts in the stands, and yet we all got a little nervous in the stands. Thought the Dynamo came out with the same heart they started the game with, again retaining possession. Then the 5-7 minutes that spelled the end. IMHO, the first goal was a good field switch, a good cross into the box, and a 6'5" Gonzales go over Boz and Sardokie to go back against the grain. Tally almost got a fingertip on it. The home field then kicked in, the stadium went nuts, and the Gals went attacking. An unfortunate handball by Rico was valid, and Donovan put it away. Orange came back, continued to press the attack, but lacked creativity in the final third to get great shots away. Bruin almost put one away, a few great crosses against the grain with nobody on the end. The final PK was ces la vie . . . Tally got all ball(s). The end. LA to me seemed on their heals all night - Dynamo forced many more corners, and although I haven't seen the game stats, had to win the corner, possession and shots battle. I thought Carr and Ashe had epic games, and I thought we played very strong overall. I did think a couple didn't have great games, but effort was not the reason.

Proud to represent these players, this city, and this organization. Hard work, no nonsense, team first. Forever orange!

*rey*, anderson, Transatlantic and 2 others repped this.
  12. Jerbone

Jerbone Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Now that was a trip! Too bad we didn’t get the cup but the team played liked champs. Had an amazing time before/during/ and after the game. What an amazing group of fans. My neighbor that came just because he thought it sounded like a good time was amazed. Considering he is a traveling LSU fan, that says a lot. This season was truly great for us fans; at the very least it was emotional. Cool to meet some of you guys at Naja’s and during the tailgating. I am going to take a break from here for a bit so, I will catch you guys next season!

PS – To the prick LA fan sitting in our orange section, I know I told you and the security guard that beer shower was an accident and I would never waste a $9 beer, but screw you. Our cost of living in Houston is so much better I could of afforded dumping a dozen of them on you!

DNez2001, *rey*, jvilla07 and 4 others repped this.
  13. tex0313

tex0313 Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    the ticket scanner at the hdc told me it was noodle time. had fun despite the loss. until next season...go dynamo!

Art Vandaley repped this.
  14. jvilla07

jvilla07 Member

Oct 30, 2006
    Houston + NOLA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Very proud for the team and fan support but I don't think I can support a league that rigs their Final!

Levy2k6 repped this.
  15. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    ha. i met you outside of Naja's. i remember you told the story about your friend that wasn't a soccer fan but tagging along for a great time. hope you converted him although he probably thought we were light drinkers if he's a LSU travelling fan. :D

Jerbone and Levy2k6 repped this.
  16. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol. I still don't remember who all I meet at Naja's. it was a bunch of you guys though.

17. Penwyth

Penwyth Member

Mar 10, 1999
    Earth
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A thank you to all the supporters who made the trip. Home Depot Center rocked with the orange slice taking up 3 plus sections of HDC. I am so glad I made the trip again to LA this year despite the score result.

18. BayVol

BayVol Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Clearwater, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All I know is that when I left the hotel someone's soiled underwear was still there lol

Offebacher and *rey* repped this.
  19. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How was it rigged exactly?

This is not the NBA :)

20. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some Dynamo Folks Here

21. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Adrian Healey is apparently using our supporters at MLS Cup as a measuring stick for a set of EPL supporters. :D

22. ChrizG13

ChrizG13 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    Humble
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I kind of like where this conversation has shifted too but can we close this thread? I hate the title and what it reminds me of, can we switch this convo to another thread or something?

anderson, JC507 and The_Ponce repped this.
  23. cougarclaws

cougarclaws Member

May 8, 2006
    Lucky's Pub
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good call. I'm not going to close it in case anyone still wants to talk about the final. But I'll move the playoff structure conversation over to a new thread when I'm done with work so we can bury this turd.

edit: done.

24. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    Art Vandaley - we need a winter sheep league before we strangle each other.

The Frenchman and cougarclaws repped this.
  25. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would love one, I nominate you to run it :)