MLS All-Star Game All-Inclusive Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Buzz Killington, Jan 8, 2013.

1. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damnit, after realizing my regular seats were $90+ I was somewhat excited to get Member's stand seats and sit in the Cauldron again... but then my team went to lunch at Jack Stack so I had to leave without completing the order and now they're sold out. I should've expected as much, but I'm not used to being in there...

Now the question is - just go and do the South Stand or take the chance that I can get a MS seat somehow?

2. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Wow, I got row 30 in section 131. These are going fast.

3. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I'm just holding out hope that the Cauldron will have some spare tickets to sell... Things are starting to look very grim for the penny-pinching non-STHs like me. I'd much rather go to a cheap regular season game than pay three or four times the price just for star power. No matter how starry that power.

4. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes the cauldron will have tickets per Sean.

5. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, got mine, but they are definitely not giving them away.... Ouch!

6. cheezwiz

cheezwiz Member

May 5, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure it's just ticketmaster's fault. I'm going to guess that the 4 ticket thing was put in place by MLS.

8. Jough

Jough Member+

Jul 30, 2007
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    $500 per person for the members stand? Christ. I'm generally opposed to scalping, especially form insiders, but if any of you guys want my pair of MS tickets for a grand, I'm totally open to that.

And I will say that I was actually impressed that ticket master fees were only 15% of my total order this time, and I can't believe that we've gotten to a point where a 15% surcharge is an impressive improvement...

redinthemorning and KopRules repped this.
  9. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If "Will Call" on game-day is really the only way to pick these up, people selling on StubHub are screwed.

10. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not, what is being mentioned is that tickets will be mailed out to the address on the card you paid with .

11. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right... that's the "If" and "really" making it conditional. Actually, it ticks me off that it is changing because I went back and changed my cart from four to two tickets because there was no way I was going to try to coordinate meeting that many friends outside after standing in a huge Will Call line. Oh well, I'm going and I'm excited about it.

12. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I took the recent TM email as an opportunity to inquire about the Will Call question. This was the TM response sent 1/29:

Thank you for reaching out to us with your concern. We will be more than happy to assist you. We have confirmed that the time has changed, not your method of delivery. Your tickets for 2013 MLS All Star Game will still be waiting for you at the event at the venue’s will call window, which is usually near the main entrance. To pick them up, please don’t leave home without these three things!

• Your photo ID
    • Your Ticketmaster order #
    • The credit card you used to buy the tickets

Will call tickets are generally available an hour before the event.

If you need anything else, we’re always here for you - just reply to this email or visit Ticketmaster.com.

13. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    An hour to get 18-20k tickets to people. This will be perfectly organized and cause no problems at all.

14. DemDave

DemDave Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I don't think TM is the best authority on that. This is the email response from my rep when I asked:

Luckily that is a misprint and the tickets will not have to be picked up at Will Call. They will either be emailed or mailed out to you. We have not heard which method you will receive them just yet, but you won’t have to pick them up yourself.

15. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems like that might be something you should figure out *before* you start selling tickets... but what do I know.

16. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Seems like that might be something Ticketmaster's ticketmanager ought to easily be able to tackle... but what do I know.

17. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems like Ticketbastard is the worst way to sell tickets to season ticket holders for this type of event in their home stadium... but what do I know.

IASocFan and Ihateusernames repped this.
  18. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Though it wasn't SKC's choice, really. And I just don't see MLS being that 'progressive' to step away from using TM

19. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think it's venue-specific, so in a roundabout way, it was skc's choice. skc chose ticketbastard to be the ticket provider for sporting park, so all events at sporting park are sold through ticketbastard. don't quote me on that, but i'm pretty sure that's how it works.

20. YilmazOrhan

YilmazOrhan Well Brian, I hit it first time...

Jun 18, 2006
    Suburbia, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know if they're holding any more tickets back, but as of right now, there are maybe 10 seats left in the stadium outside of the South Stand GA.

Impressive.

21. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, but in the same way you know that if SKC had their choice in how to deal with ASG tickets for STH they would've done it differently.

Honestly, as much as I do hate TM, as far as they relate to SKC they haven't been all bad. Being able to pick your individual seat is quite awesome and they are undoubtedly involved with the ST card as well. I know that they do a few things for SKC that fans don't see as well - which is probably one of the reasons that they are used as much as they are (that is - there are things behind the scenes that make them much more attractive to event organizers than they are to fans).

That doesn't mean I don't begrudge every time they put a $5 convenience charge on top of a $2 per ticket charge and charge me money on top of that so I can have the privilege of printing my own tickets... but at least, especially for SKC fans, they have done a few things that are actually quite nice.

22. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    the charge for printing your own ticket is ridiculous. That is the most insane thing ever. It is my paper and ink being used. I wish they would just lump them into one surcharge just called "Oh no you cant get away that easy".

23. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huh? This is exactly my complaint. I would love to have my regular East stand seats for any extra events like this or USMNT, but I am not able to pick them. Is there a secret way of doing that? I usually put in best available in the general price range where my seats are, but TM's definition of best available is down low on the field. I prefer to sit up higher so I can see the whole field. I was lucky enough that when I ordered my tickets, it did get close enough (after a few tries) to my normal seats, so I snatched them, but still would rather have my regular SKC seats. I wish there was a way to pick exact seats. If you know of a way, please do share your secret. :)

Uppa 90 repped this.
  24. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right above the "Search for Tickets" box is a dropdown where you can switch between "Best Available" and "Interactive Seat Map".

The Interactive Seat Map will show which seats are still available and will let you choose specific seats.

cjgwizard repped this.