Mizuno Thread [8] - Post all info, pics & questions here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jun 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asianboy

asianboy Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well the easiest route is through rakuten with Tenso or White Rabbit Express but the exact colour you want isn't really in production anymore and so the closest thing are these. They are black but with some green highlights. http://search.rakuten.co.jp/search/mall?sitem=P1GA141037&g=0&myButton.x=0&myButton.y=0&myButton=検索&v=2&s=1&p=1&min=&max=&sf=0&st=A&nitem=

You could also check ebay or google, using the product code helps a lot in your search 12KP-30501

2. BigBomba

BigBomba Member

Apr 30, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Thank you for your reply asianboy! But I have already scoured the web for the product code hoping to find some store in Japan that sells them so I can order through Tenso. But I haven´t been lucky or I don´t know if the store is reliable.

3. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
  4. Smallrod

Smallrod Member

Oct 15, 2008
    The Bahamas
    Can anyone comment on the size/fit of the KR2 compared to the Morelia II?

5. dawej

dawej Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Former Ballon d'Or winner Rivaldo announced his retirement today.

[​IMG]
    Mizuno Wave Cup Rivaldo 2002, the most beautiful boot ever? Perhaps even the best...

Jorma, temesgen and kelani9 repped this.
  6. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Is just me asking, "again"?

7. Jorma

Jorma Member

Mar 31, 2008
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Oh my god when are the white/blue/yellow morelias coming out? Made in japan?

8. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think both are MIJ and must hit the market soon, my friend...

Jorma repped this.
  9. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    but pricing at 200GBP = insane!

10. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    The blue Morelia Neos don't look good IMO. They look kinda disgusting, reminds me of a similar blue/yellow Puma King Finale SL colorway

11. pancreas

pancreas Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Can someone give me an input on the TM stud configuration? Will they be good on all different types of turf?

12. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I use them in FG... no problems...

13. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    TM = equally good for art. turf n natural grass

14. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Will any of the MiJ colorways on PDS ever be on Rakuten?

15. Loftshc

Loftshc Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Would anyone be able to give me a review on the MIJ Morelia Neos? I've heard a lot of good things but the leather doesn't look particularly soft in pictures (although it is hard to judge, I know) and I'm concerned about the ultra thin insoles.

16. mretrum

mretrum Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The leather on the MIJ Neos is never going to 'look' soft, because of the Scotchguard coating. That being said, the leather is top notch and they are some of the nicest boots I've ever worn. I wouldn't be worried about the thin insoles as I play on some extremely hard pitches and experience no discomfort wearing these boots.

asianboy repped this.
  17. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If your feet and legs are strong the thin insoles won't matter.

18. Loftshc

Loftshc Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Sorry mate I don't know what you mean... would you be able to elaborate?

19. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Overly padded or "supportive" insoles are actually counterproductive. They are essentially shutting your foot and body down and forcing it to do unnatural things. This resonates up your legs and into your back. Unflexible flat feet (as oppose to flexible flat feet which are not a problem), Plantar Fasciitis, heel striking, shin splints, and other issues are rooted in overly padded and supportive insoles and cushion systems placed on us from birth all the way to death.

The human body is incredibly strong and resilient and our feet are the base of our support. Unless we were born with club foot, there is very likely nothing wrong with our feet, despite the marketing of other bullshit from shoe makers, insole makers, and studies with correlation based evidence that are usually funded by an interested party...99.9% of us will never need an orthotic insole or even a very padded one, but lack of critical thinking, bowing to perceived ethos, and the ideal that we are each special and in need of something special for that specialness makes the orthotic market thrive.

We tried to fix what wasn't broken (the human body) and actually ended up breaking it.

20. Loftshc

Loftshc Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Wow... thanks, that was actually really interesting!

21. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    While i agree with some of what your saying Dr Boots, i dont believe that supportive insoles are counterproductive. People with flat feet or that over pronate and those with feet that supinate (overly high arches) lose that lack of support and cushioning that the foot needs. The orthotics or insoles can work to combat that and provide those who need it with that much needed support. I'm not saying that people need to wear them, and even those with pancake feet etc don't NEED to wear them, but for those who do have problems and who do wear them im sure they can vouch for their effectiveness.

22. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If you trained barefoot your flat feet would correct, or at least become flexible. A high arch also isn't the detriment that it is made out to be. If flat and high arches were that big of a deal in hindrance of physical development, evolution would have killed that trait off by now.

Learning to correctly strike your foot when walking or running will not be helped by insoles, only bare foot training. Read "Born to Run" and an article about barefoot tribes published in the early 1900's.

tilburysoccer repped this.
  23. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    #1173 Alex57910, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
    The posture of your foot is determined by ligaments, namely the spring ligament which you cannot strengthen. Once they lose there tension, that's it. You can strengthen the foot muscles and lower limb muscles which work to a degree (which is where the barefoot running concept is based around) but at the end of the day the ligaments play a huge role in that stability too. Evolution hasn't killed off lots of traits that you might think, the shoulder is poorly designed, there is a muscle in your wrist which is not useful at all but is still present in like 80% of the population. The orthotics won't permanently fix the feet problem but they may temporarily correct the foot strike and relieve symptoms

24. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    That's not exactly how evolution works... nobody is going to say, "Oh, I'm not going to reproduce with that person because they have high/low arches." So as a result, that trait lives on. There are many undesirable traits that continue because they do not prevent an individual from reproducing.

25. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    If you couldn't walk back in the days you most likely would have died. Natural selection.

Dr. Boots repped this.