Mizuno Thread [7] - all info, pictures, questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's a lot of history and minor details to write out but here is the basic information on the different boots:

Morelia II/ Morelia Pro- the classic Copa Mundial inspired, "heritage" line

Wave Ignitus- The "power" boot, has little rubber bits thoughout the boot as well as a shooting pad called the "Mukaiten panel" which supposedly helps you shoot a knuckle ball

Supersonic Wave- The control boot, has a "Feather Touch System" which is extra padding in the toe which is suppose to help your touch, and keep the ball closer to you as you dribble.

Morelia Neo- The speed boot, the font of the boot is kangaroo leather and the back 2/3 is synthetic.

If you are using Sports Guide:

If you are going to pay with Paypal which is what most of us do then send an email to: sportsguide@shop.rakuten.co.jp telling them the product number of the boot, the size you want, and your shipping info. When they email you back telling you how much the total is going to be you send that amount in Yen to their paypal account which is under the email: mnobe@sportsguide.jp
    Or you can also pay by credit card and just order through Rakuten.

2. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I wonder which conversion rate is better?? Paying CC through Rakuten or Paypal??

3. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I am pretty sure the credit card gives the best conversion rate. Paypal's isn't very good. I checked how much my Morelia's were going to cost before I payed and they ended up costing a little more than the transfer rates that google gave me.

4. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea. Is there a fee on your CC for conversion? Or international purchases? I may just pay by CC if it's cheaper next time...

5. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    exciting!
    found this rakuten shop tht sells mizuno limited items in the morelia station! :)
    http://global.rakuten.com/en/search?k=&tl=302260&sid=spotaka&sm=1

but hv to go thru' a forwarding agent, tenso.com
    well, at least it is feasible
    hvn't try yet......waiting for the new WI2 KH (black-gold-gun metal) in Dec 2012
    we'll see then!

6. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    There is no fee usually but sometimes whenever a charge from an international purchase shows up your credit card company will flag it as a possible fraudulent charge. Usually they the don't allow the payment to go through until they are able to call you and confirm that you actually made that purchase, regardless it delays the payment.

Nice find! Can't wait to see how this works out.

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  7. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    hmmm, rakuten spotaka had removed the morelia station limited editions from the link!

8. Alexandre Pato 7

Alexandre Pato 7 Legends that will never be forgotten <3

Mar 16, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Yeah PayPal's conversion rates suck big time

9. evleung93

evleung93 Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Theres no fee if you link a bank acct and directly pay. At least thats how it is on eBay with PayPal. Idk about conversion rates though, but im guessing the banks.

10. john_mizuno8

john_mizuno8 Member

Olympiakos
    Greece
    Mar 16, 2012
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Anyone have MRL Classic AS?

11. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! :'(

[​IMG]

12. tilburysoccer

tilburysoccer Member

Sep 16, 2009
    KCMO
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  13. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

there the take down of of the pathiqe x-top. they have k-learher forefoot and synthetic rare. sizing would be the same as x-top. still a good boot. you just dont get a kevla stitching on midfoot and the unique heel lock feature.

my tms are still here if you want them lol

14. tilburysoccer

tilburysoccer Member

Sep 16, 2009
    KCMO
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They will be mine eventually. :)

soulstar89 repped this.
  15. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm going to try and repair them, maybe try stitching the leather back together and trying to find a little metal insert that i put in the hole so the pressure from the lace isn't on my dodgy stitching.

Actually, just remembered one of my old work mates went to work at a shoe repair place, might get in touch with him and pop over next time he's at work, see if he can do/recommend anything.

No way i can ditch these boots already, only worn them like 5 times or something and now a freak challenge has spoilt their beauty, guys studs just got caught on my laces when we went in for a tackle, nearly crushed my foot with how tight it pulled the laces!

16. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Take it to a good cobbler/leather repair shop; they will have a solution. I have seen several types of fixes for this type of rip in the past. Are those Neos? Please tell me they are not Japan Neos if so that would be a heart breaker.

I blew out a dudes Kelme boots from the lace catch issue once in training. I held him off a ball and then shot, my follow through caught his laces and ripped two eyelets out. The boots were done for, I ended up letting him keep a pair of mine that I hardly used because I felt so bad.

17. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They are Neo's but only Indonesian made ones rather than Japanese, i got them for a decent price off German ebay too so it wont be the end of the world if they end up being trash. Just got myself a new job too, so i'll have the funds to replace them in that situation, could afford the luxury of some Japan made Morelias again.

I went and played 8 a side this evening, who does 8 a side? Really?!, anyway my mate that works at a cobblers was there, showed him a picture and he said they'd tell a customer there was nothing they could do for that sort of thing. They're not really your small, local, skilled craftsmen of a cobblers though more of a large chain, high street brand that do your basic stuff, he just went there as a branch manager after being a supervisor in a furniture shop, so i might take them somewhere else for 2nd opinion before i try my own fix.

18. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    mark,
    if i may suggest, cut a piece of thin leather/synthetic leather, maybe 1"x1"
    place it inside the upper
    stitched around it
    then punch the hole
    i'd also stitch across the torn section for extra protection
    obviously, the threads has to be white, but overtime, it'll turn brownish from the pitch, so there may be markings
    just a thought, if i were to repair it....:)

19. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm going to see if i can get it done properly before i attempt it myself, i have a habit of getting bored half way through things and turning a good idea into a terrible result so my attempt at repairing it has to be a last resort.

Originally i was just going to stitch the rip back together, possibly using something like fishing line because you can get it pretty high strengths, and then using one of those metal eyelet inserts to spread the pressure from the laces a bit. Might be worth trying to add an extra layer to it like you say though, sure i've got some old white trainers or something lying around somewhere that i could use as a donor.

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  20. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This is how a cobbler I know repaired a pair my boots (more or less) with a ripped eyelet when I was on quite a scoring run in them and refused to give them up.

21. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Apologies if this is a PITA for anyone to load, but does anyone know if Sportsguide can get their hands on these?

22. dejansavicevic10

Jun 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    Way better!!!

23. dejansavicevic10

Jun 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    I havent tried ordering from Rakuten using Paypal, but I will never never ever use a card again. Basically, what ended up happening is that Rakuten/Sportsguide ran my debit card 5-6X to get approval, and each charge was slightly different, because the exchange rate was different. So after calling the bank and letting them know everything was ok, a final payment went through, which was the highest payment.

Anyways, less than a week later, I went to Pollo Locos for lunch with a colleague, and tried using the card for a purchase of slightly more than $6, and to my utter shock, I was told the transaction didnt go through. So, when I got back to work, I went online to check my balance, and almost crapped in my pants. It turned out that someone in NYC had gone to an ATM at Grand Central Station, and withdrawn all my money. Luckily, I reported the issue and the bank put the money back.

So, if you like, please use your credit cards/bank cards to make purchases online abroad!!!

24. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yikes.... better to use a CC instead of CHECK card.... that way if something like that happens... it ISN'T tied to your bank account...

25. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not quite up there with the usual Mizuno standards of stitching but hopefully stage one of my repair has added some decent strength across the rip.

[​IMG]

Used some 8lb fishing line, hoping it'll prove to be much stronger than cotton, and managed to get it across the rip something like 30 times so it should do the job.

I've ordered myself an eyelet kit of ebay and tomorrow i'll have to sort out my wardrobe to find an old pair of trainers i can butcher up and get a bit of leather to stick across the inside before the metal eyelet goes in the hole.

gwood88 repped this.