Mizuno thread [6] - all info, pics, questions here plz

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I have never worn the Morelia II but I have worn other classic/heritage style boots(puma king finale, adipure III, ect) as well as speed boots(adizero's leather and synthetic). As far as the difference of how they feel just wearing them around the pitch, with speed boots I felt like I would notice how light they were on my feet and after a while they would just feel normal. When I wear a classic/heritage style boot they don't really feel heavy on my feet, they just don't feel light. Also, in no way do they feel clunky either. What you do notice is how comfortable they are and how the whole boot feels cushioned. This is particularly noticeable after taking your boots off at the end of a long practice or game. They don't hurt like they do from speed boots. They don't feel as different on your feet as you think they would.

As for the upper material, a padded k-leather upper feels completely different than a synthetic upper. You still get a good, close touch on the ball but it's different. Most actually prefer the touch of leather to synthetic. I can't really explain it. The difference in touch is one thing you just have to feel for yourself. But trust me, while it might put you off at first you'll grow to love it.

Hope that helps!

2. lnicholson29

lnicholson29 Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeh, something like that was what i was looking for. Im just stuck with nike fo a little bit longer since i have a couple vouchers with them

3. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    The guy in their youtube videos has an account on bigsoccer.

4. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    msc,
    yes, i do hv the morelia II (the latest version) there's an upgrade this year
    the previous model is 2008
    the other japan-made morelias in my boot-room = TM n SI(screw-in soft ground tht i got from pds - wht a bargain at 25gbp!)

5. Mike187

Mike187 New Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I'm on my way to Korea in September for three weeks. Naturally, I'm going to pick up a pair or two of Mizunos so I'm trying to figure out exactly what I want before I go.

So far these are at the top of my list: http://www.dosoccer.com/shop/goods/goods_view.php?&goodsno=186797747&category=001001003

If I am reading this right, it says Wave Cup Super Light KR and that it is made in Japan. If they are Wave Cups, do they have the rivaldo sole plate? I think I have the same sole plate on my ghost strikers and I prefer it over a lot of normal sole plates. They look like only the forefoot is K-leather. Is this true? I would prefer full leather.

I am also looking at the Morelia II and Morelia Wave, all say made in Japan too :D.

Morelia II: http://www.dosoccer.com/shop/goods/goods_view.php?&goodsno=186804488&category=001001003

Morelia Wave: http://www.dosoccer.com/shop/goods/goods_view.php?&goodsno=186791921&category=001001003

Recommendations? Anything new coming out that I should be on the look out for? Also, any recommendations for some new flats?

Cheers,

Mike

6. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The wave look cooler and neo like, I'd go for wave

7. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I own the Morelia Waves. I hate to say it, but they're not that great. The leather is tough, and the lower toe box often hurts my toes. If you choose to get them though, I'd reccomend going half size up.

If I were you, I'd get the Morelia II's.

Can't comment on the Wave Cups.

8. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Wow, when I read that the Morelia was flexible I never imagined it would be this flexible. I can't wait to order some of these.

There is a video about halfway down the page and at 0:22 he starts flexing the boot. It's pretty insane. Now I am beginning to understand why these are so comfy and popular.
    http://item.rakuten.co.jp/kemari87/12kp-80201/

9. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    u know, one can fold it n put it in his pocket!

lnicholson29 repped this.
  10. Matei23

Matei23 Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Hi guys, a simple question please

How mizuno sizing ?
    I fit 9.5Us in Nike (tiempo, ctr, vapor) and i looked in "soccerreviewsforyou" he uses his habitual size but 43Eur in mizuno is 9Uk 10Us. Also i've seen in youtube that a man uses 42.5Eur and 43Eur for Nike...

help me please

11. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No Joke! That's incredible!

12. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Depends what boot.

But IMO, from decent amount of Mizuno boots, they fit the same as Nikes. What ever you fit in, Nike wise, buy in Mizuno.

13. Matei23

Matei23 Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I would to buy a morelia ultra light yellow
    I hesitate between 42.5 and 43

Also if u have a link with a good price ^^

14. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I would go with whatever you wear in Nike. I am a US9/27CM. That's what I use in Nike, and in Mizuno.

15. Alexandre Pato 7

Alexandre Pato 7 Legends that will never be forgotten <3

Mar 16, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The EU size is different so go with the US size. US9 in nike should be close to US9 in Mizuno, and if you have wide feet you'll fill out the boots just fine. I wouldn't reccomend you Mizunos if you have narrow feet though.

16. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    no one not going to be getting the supersonic wave III's? look so good,

17. Woodworm

Woodworm Member

Aug 26, 2006
    Bristol, England
    Club:
    Bristol City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I will be but waitin for them to drop in price a little bit. I agree they are stunning boots. After the disaster of the 2nd ones. My 1st ones are still going quite well though even after 2 seasons. They are just so comfy I don't want to part with them lol

18. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yeah price is pretty steep still, look like a nice mix of neo and the older supersonic's kinda like a speed boot with control elements.

plus the black and yellow work really well on the boot

19. Thalion

Thalion New Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Hello guys. newbie here. I am planning to buy a Mizuno Morelia within the next few weeks. I know that the Japan made Morelias are the best! However, I believe that the Morelia available here in the Philippines is the Indonesian made. Are the Indonesian made ones really that FAR behind the Japan made Morelias in terms of quality, comfort and durability? Would I be making a huge mistake in buying Indonesia made Morelias? Sorry if this question has been asked before but I need your advice and knowledge about this guys. Maybe sir kiongsm in particular can shed a little light on this query as he seems to be truly knowledgeable about Morelias. Thank you in advance guys for any inputs.

20. stevesmith

stevesmith Member

Dec 15, 2007
    In my opinion, not at all. All Mizuno boots are well crafted and really comfortable, I didn't find a massive difference between Indonesian and Japanese made and I don't think the price difference is worth it. But that's my opinion

21. Thalion

Thalion New Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Thank you stevesmith! I appreciate it. So my next boot is definitely the Morelia

22. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I had some ind made morelia,I got a pair of ebay and the price was too good to turn down, the quality was still top notch.

My only negative was the insole.

23. john_mizuno8

john_mizuno8 Member

Olympiakos
    Greece
    Mar 16, 2012
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
  24. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    ive had both japan made and Indonesian made and there is a massive difference between the two.

*the fit of the japan made boot is far superior. the mid foot in the Indonesian just doesnt hug the midfoot like the japan made. the japan made feels like a player issue which is customised for only your feet.

*build is in indonesian is inferior to japan made. the leather in japan made molds to you foot so much better.

*heel lock and fit of japan is better.

*indonesian tend to over stretch laterally where the morelia II japan dont

*i found the japan made more comfy and more padded yet weigh less!! (not really bothered on weight)

i could go on but at the end of the day its up to you. i personally feel that the indonesian made is a lower tier morelia and the japan made is the top tier elite player issue boot. i wouldnt even like to call the indonesin made "morelia"

thats is MY opinion.

25. Thalion

Thalion New Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    wow... so there are actually big differences between the two... hmm, if only it was that easy to acquire Japan made Morelias. soulstar89, john_mizuno8, David89 and stevesmith; thank you guys for sharing your opinions and experiences regarding the Morelia