Mizuno thread [6] - all info, pics, questions here plz

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    D.Yorke's mizuno boot in the uefa CL final is the Grandeza model

he also worn the classic morelia

2. Clash10

Clash10 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Can someone who have Mizuno Morelia Neo tell me how the fit is compared to vapor 8 and how durable they are?

FootballerSeven repped this.
  3. FootballerSeven

FootballerSeven New Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Hobart, Tasmania Aus
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    How come the Neo's on PDS are still full RRP? I really want a pair but not a fan of paying full RRP! Normally PDS have sales on the release CW's pretty quickly..? Also- is Rakuten the only place for purchasing the Estrela Neo's?
    Also, opinions on the new SSW's? Personally I like the Sonic Classic visuals!

4. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  5. Woodworm

Woodworm Member

Aug 26, 2006
    Bristol, England
    Club:
    Bristol City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I would hazard a guess that it's because they are a pds exclusive in the uk.
    With Nike and adidas boots they know that sports direct and JJB get the boots and discount them ASAP. So they have to compete. But with no other option they can hold out for longer

I was thinking about Neos till I saw the ssw3s but just like you I want them to drop a few quid first

6. FootballerSeven

FootballerSeven New Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Hobart, Tasmania Aus
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I didn't even think of that, certainly makes sense.

7. Hoijong

Hoijong New Member

Jul 29, 2012
    I got these since I loved the SuperSonic Waves 2 and did not want to ruin them on turf. Used them once now and they are a perfect turf boot with a good fit. For this price do not expect wonders, but they are good boots. For me they are fine since I only play on turf every know and then. The synthetic part does not bother me at all with these boots. For turf it's better I reckon. It will not be a bad buy!
    Looking to get me some Neo's now, would like to know if they fit the same as the Supersonics 2, however asking something about sizing seems to be a capital offence.

8. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Thanks! How are they on your toes? Comfy as leather?

9. Hoijong

Hoijong New Member

Jul 29, 2012
    It's a different model off course, but they are still Mizuno's! So definitely comfy.

10. Elbullio

Elbullio Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Hope you guys can guide me to my first pair of mizunos.

Really liking the design of the Estrella and the Estrella Neo's, but unsure if the leather will be too thin?

Im used to CTR360 kanga-lita kind of thickness, but looking to invest in my first pair of Mizunos, as i sold my CTRs when i got injured. I read a lot of places that the boot Hulk plays in, the leather is too thin, anyone has heads up on that?

Also what about the sizing of Mizunos? I am used to 9.5 US in Nike, what should i wear in Mizuno?

Anyone has any suggestions? (Has to be japan made) Thanks.

11. Woodworm

Woodworm Member

Aug 26, 2006
    Bristol, England
    Club:
    Bristol City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If it has to be Japan made you have taken the SSWs and Wave Ignitus out the equation straight away. So you looking at Morelias, Neos (can only get Japan made in Japan) and Wave Cups (I think)

12. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    japan-made neos are not sold readily now in any online shop :(
    only in mizuno shops in japan, so, u need to hv some1 to be there to buy or u can use fromjapan.co.jp but the fees could be too high
    so, the next best option is to wait for it to be available in dosoccer

sizing: in my case, morelias 25.5cm uk6.5 us7.5 fits very similar to a uk6.5 us7.5 nike tiempo legend 4

is the leather too thin? well, it's very soft but never too thin.....the scotchgard treated k-leather on the morelias are just superb!

13. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I got the same size that I wear in the vapor 8. So far I have no problems ( I have had them since May). I expect them to last some time, Mizuno boots tend to last me around a year year and a half. Although my Ignitus Japan editions are still going and it will be 2 years I've had them in Feb.

Most people are here don't have the Neos. That's why. I normally go the same size that I get in Nike. So for example I wear sz 8 pretty much across the board in Nike and Adidas a size 7.5 so I got 8s in the Neos. This of course happened after I ordered the wrong size!

For me I think I wear a 7.5 in the SS but I think its because the width of my foot.

14. msc14

msc14 New Member

Jun 4, 2012
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    I was surfing some stores, and I wondered...
    Where are the Mizuno Estrela MD made?Not the Neos, just Estrela...

15. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    mizuno estrela MD is made in china

16. msc14

msc14 New Member

Jun 4, 2012
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    So, what is the difference between the normal morelias that you see everywhere and these?

17. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    forefoot stitching
    forefoot k-leather is washable kangaroo, not scotchgard treated (japan made)
    other parts = microfibre
    outsole studs config n size (morelia studs is smaller)
    short tongue
    got to rakuten to check out the pics.....

18. Elbullio

Elbullio Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Great.

Kiongsm-> What are the Mizunos on your profile pic? They seem really nice!

Also, what about ebay, there is a couple of interesting things listed, but does anyone have any experience?

19. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    serginhobertholi repped this.
  20. msc14

msc14 New Member

Jun 4, 2012
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    I'm looking to get a 2nd pair of mizunos, to wear in games, since the season is starting...
    I saw a pair of red indonesian made morelias at about 85€(90ish USD), but I'm thinking of getting the Morelia II's...

The reviews online are mostly for the indonesian made Morelias, and every review highly rates the indonesian made morelias...
    I know that the II's are better, obviously, but, are the II's worthy enough the extra 60€ in comparison to the indonesian made?

21. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
  22. lnicholson29

lnicholson29 Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What is it like wearing a classic style boot, like the Mizuno morelia 2 compared to boots like the vapor 8. They are totally different, Kleather boot vs synthetic boot, Different stud plates, etc. In my head, trying to imagine it, they just seem like they would be a bit clunky?

Maybe im not explaining myself in the best way, but hopefully you can help out, I wish i could have got to the mizuno store in london :(

23. msc14

msc14 New Member

Jun 4, 2012
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    kiongsm, do you have a pair of II's?

24. BigBomba

BigBomba Member

Apr 30, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    If you want some discount, these are the cheapest that I know of:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MIZUNO-MO...ußball_Fußballschuhe&var=&hash=item1e6bbe9e04

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MIZUNO-MO...ußball_Fußballschuhe&var=&hash=item27c6e7e3f6

25. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    For those looking for the Japan ed Neos in white
    http://www.unisport.dk/fodboldstoevler/mizuno-morelia-neo-japan-k-skind-fg-hvidsort/90995/
    or the green
    http://www.unisport.dk/fodboldstoevler/mizuno-morelia-neo-japan-k-skind-fg-gronsort/90994/

Yes these guys ship worldwide I have ordered hummels from them in the past. Interesting that they should get the Japan made ones. I wonder if prodirect will get them too.

Oh and the price is equivalent to $322 USD or 205 British pounds. Which is more than dosoccer charged me.