Mizuno thread [6] - all info, pics, questions here plz

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The Morelia II is either made in Japan or Indonesia....The same with the Morelia Neo, and the Morelia UL. The Japan made models are among the best boots ever made in the Morelia II and the UL...The Neo is too young to determine it's place. The material, build quality and attention to detail in the Japan made boots is unrivaled by any company mass producing boots.

The Indonesian made boots, are by all reports, very well made shoes. I would venture to say that they are better made, and higher quality than like models by the Big Two (Nike/adidas), or at least better made in the case of adidas. adidas quality control is garbage, Nike for the most part makes a pretty solid boot, even if only a select few that are general release are made in Italy or Bosnia (their factory locations for pro issue boots).

Boots like the WI's, and the SuperSonic are not part of the Japan made models, so you can only get the Indonesia made model, and I think that even applies for the Morelia Station models you can order in Japan with the WI and Honda WI model.

I am waiting on a pair of WI 2's to arrive in the mail, I will let you know what I think of them, they will be my first non-Japan made Mizuno.

2. Teeamo

Teeamo New Member

Feb 23, 2012
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wow - thanks a lot! Very informative! =) I'm not pressed for time, so I'll probably wait for your review before I pull the trigger. Definitely looking forward to it...

3. Woodworm

Woodworm Member

Aug 26, 2006
    Bristol, England
    Club:
    Bristol City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What's the fitting like on those Neos?? What other boots do you have to compare sizes

4. dawej

dawej Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Wave Cup Pro was the take down version and Wave Cup Rivaldo the top range version. Rivaldo model was manufactured 2002 and 2003, and Wave Cup Pro was manufactured until 2006 (I think).

WC Pro was K-leather upper (not very high quality though). Right now there are Wave Cup SL, wich is K-leather upper (though much better quality than old Wave Cup Pro), and Wave Cup KR wich is full K-leather, and overall quite similar to WC Rivaldo.

5. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The WI 2 arrived....as with all Mizuno products they ooze class in the construction and build quality. They seem to run a touch small for me and the shape of my foot when compared to Adidas, but similar to Nike. Oddly my Moreila Japan is a 10.5, and all my adidas are 10.5 (bar the Copa) but this Mizuno in a 10.5 is a touch too snug for me. I think I am going to order a brand new pair in a US 11 and see what I think.

I could play in these if I really wanted to push it, but I don't think it would give me the best experience in terms of total comfort, which this boot is known for when it fits correctly. I would say that the 10.5 in these is comparable to the Legend IV or CTR in a 10.5 lengthwise (which I used for a bit before realizing I needed an 11 in both, keep in mind I double sock it).

If I had to say a boot that this reminds me of in terms of fit, I would say the Predator Mania, or the Pulse, but better made, and more comfortable with foot to ground. The outsole has a great amount of flex and the heel counter is rock solid, while still being very light and not bulky.

6. WillsWxm

WillsWxm New Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Thanks.

I asked because I found these on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chaussure..._Chaussures&hash=item3f09df634d#ht_1681wt_905

Ultimately I went for these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170775701...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_3396wt_1139

7. Footballer-7

Footballer-7 Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    IMO the WI2 has the best sole plate I've ever used. And I'm a huge vapor/SF fan.
    The WI2 may be my favorite boot ever.

8. Juventus_Supporter

May 29, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
  9. lnicholson29

lnicholson29 Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    good lore they are nice. They look alot like the neo's (or is this a nooby error)

10. Juventus_Supporter

May 29, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    They're a lower end version of Noes.

11. jsm7

jsm7 Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    are the estrela's actually 190 g/6.7 oz? or did the ebay lister label them wrong? that's insane if a lower end version of shoe weighs that much. And, what leather do they use?

12. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    yes, 190g for a pair of uk8!

forefoot = washable k-leather > water resistent and quick dry yet soft and comfortable
    others = microfibre

made in Japan

more pics
    http://www.sports-ws.com/popup1.aspx?itemcode=F121MZ0009
    http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/sportskym/item/soc_sho_miz_1202/
    http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/step-sports/item/12kp-20727/

u can buy them from :
    http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/sportsguide/item/10006337/

they ship international and accept paypal
    to order and pay via paypal, email mgonnokami@sportsguide.jp

13. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    my morelia SI 6x4..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    the work needed:
    [​IMG]

15. jsm7

jsm7 Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    sounds like the best 2nd tier boot ever to me! k leather on a lower boot, yet still super light, what are the main differences between estrela's and neo's then?

16. Alexandre Pato 7

Alexandre Pato 7 Legends that will never be forgotten <3

Mar 16, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    k-leather and made in japan for a 2nd tier boot? what?

17. hwangong

hwangong Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Mizuno had a few 2nd tier boots made in Japan that had K-leather.

18. hwangong

hwangong Member

Mar 6, 2007
    [​IMG]

Haven't been here for a while. Has this been posted yet?
    Notice the Shrek green WI2 and white/red WI2. They aren't released as of yet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also look at these KH colorway with TM plate.
    Currently being sold in Korea, not sure about anywhere else.

19. hwangong

hwangong Member

Mar 6, 2007
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Additional pictures. Wanna try out these TM plates. Hm..

20. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    WI TM!!!!!

GREAT!

white-red-black, even better!

excellent find, hwangong!

21. hwangong

hwangong Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Yes, I loved Wave Ignitus when I tried them,
    but only thing kept me away from them was the studs.

Back studs being too long to play on the turf field where I play the most
    and some stud pressures from a couple spots in the front.

If they come in TM plates that would solve all my problems away.
    I really want to try them out. I just don't have enough fund these days. :(

22. colinstu310

colinstu310 Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bonnie Scotland
    Club:
    Rangers
    Why did you put extra studs in the rear Kiongsm?

Did you manage to get the insert fully flush/flat in the sole? How?
    I converted a pair of umbro recently & getting a blister as 1 of the inserts are not fully flush to the inside of the sole.
    Cheers

23. tilburysoccer

tilburysoccer Member

Sep 16, 2009
    KCMO
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    My girl is going to Shanghai for a week this summer. Are there any Mizuno boots there that I can have her bring back that are difficult to get here in the US?

24. aries7

aries7 Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I was in shanghai this past sunny, if you want anything from Nike/Adidas etc, your looking at probably like 30-50% price hike at any mall stores as they most sell the retail price + a bit extra as they are considered imports.

I would say try to find a mizuno store if possible, they are pretty rare though, or if you wanted to, try the Nike Super Ligera 2.

Beware, most places will have sizing up to about a size 9 us (maybe if your lucky up to 9.5 or 10), if your feet is bigger than that, then your probably out of luck pretty much everywhere

25. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    colin,

well, i actually wanted to convert my Ignitus MD (not the wave ignitus), but has yet to complete it!

it just came to me of how about adding 2 more studs at the heel, i actually like the adi11pro SG soleplate!

sometimes the pitch is not evenly soft, so i can feel the stud pressure at the heel, so with 4 studs back there it shd be more stable and distributing the pressure evenly

i must say tht i hv not try it out - no match/game till 11-Mar, hopefully the pitch will be perfect for the test!

the inserts was not 100% flushed in like the other 6x2 which is done in the factory - i suppose they use some kinda machine to compress it into the footbed nicely

after drilling the holes via a hand/manual drill (it's a T-shape small drill 6mm dia), i just hammer it in!

i use a big screw tht has a flat top of equal size to the T-nut and hit it right thru until it hold firmly

the M5 8mm T-nut is just about right for the position tht i placed them - so the studs screw goes in nicely

i hv to use a washer btwn the studs and the soleplate as i couldn't or hv not really flatten the surface

the studs used is 16mm - original mizuno studs

well, once i put them into real test on the pitch, i'll post a report on it

hmmm, i kinda like the looks too ;)

got another pair of the same boot coming from prodirectrugby - may do the same thing, hah!